Feelings

Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, is there something that you want to tell us?” Namjoon asked. The tall man had his arms folded as he looked Jung Kook in the eye. The rest of the team sat huddled together on the couches of their living room with their backs upright. The man in question kept quiet as he tried to find the words to express himself.

The room was heavy with silence. It has been a long time since the group was gathered for a talk, especially one of these ‘talks’. Jimin his lips nervously, his eyes darting from Jung Kook to Namjoon. He felt the need to step in and explain for the younger man but this was something Jung Kook had to come clean on his own. Jimin put his hand on Jung Kook’s thigh reassuringly. After a few tense seconds, Jung Kook began,

“It’s the same with hyung,” he looked at Namjoon with strangely pained eyes.

“The girl that inspired you to write ‘Converse High’…”

Something flashed across Namjoon’s face. Jung Kook had hit a nerve.

“It’s just…I don’t really know how to explain it…I’ve never felt this way before…” Jung Kook finished with his head in his hands. It was as if he was defeated by something. But the fight had yet begun.

The boys took some time to process what their youngest had said.

“Wah, the way you offered to pass the album to the PD-nim was seriously…” Hoseok spoke up with one of his rare frowns.

“Too obvious.” They all said at the same time.

Jung Kook looked up, confused.

“You were bouncing like a bunny,” Taehyung stated matter-of-factly with a shrug.

“Anyone could tell that you have something for the PD-nim, I mean even Taehyung noticed something,” Jin added.

“Yah, there are many things that I know that you don’t hyung,” Taehyung retaliated with a smirk as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Let’s not talk about that girl,” Namjoon cut in.

“I buried all my feelings for her in that song and that was the end of it. But you, you can’t go around with your emotions written on your face.” Namjoon walked towards Jung Kook and poked his forehead.

“Wait, you guys aren’t mad at me?” Jung Kook asked incredulously.

Yoongi looked at him as if he had a screw loose while the rest of the hyung line burst out laughing. Taehyung just nodded with a knowing look on his face while Jimin heaved a sigh of relief and exclaimed, “Ohmygod…” in English as he hugged Jung Kook protectively.

“I thought you guys were gonna eat Kookie alive,” he whined.

Namjoon clasped his hands together and said, “Look, you guys dealt with my bull when I was pining for that girl. We dealt with Jin’s binge-cooking when-”

“Yah!” Jin cried.

“When you-know-what happened,” Namjoon continued politely.

“Most of us have been through this and as a team we’ve pulled through together. Your case is no different. Even Bang PD nim encourages us to try out different things, so that we mature as people and mature in our music, that’s why there’s no dating ban. Honestly, the only thing that is standing between you and the girl right now is your schedule, which is not impossible to get pass and the public, which is the main problem. If you want to do this, you have got to be careful.”

“I’d ask the public to off from our personal affairs but we can’t deny that we are public figures,” Yoongi carried on.

“Our managers are so afraid of scandals that it’s hilarious but there is no denying that it would put unnecessary burden on the company and our team if the reporters do get anything. But you’ve already been deprived of a normal teenager’s life, we’re not going to take even this away from you.”

A brief silence ensued before Hoseok reached over to ruffle Jung Kook’s hair and laughed,

“This means that you can stop looking like it’s the end of the world.”

The said boy took some time to fully understand what was going on as his head bobbed up and down from the movement of Hoseok’s hand. A warm feeling spread throughout his chest and a genuine smile made its way to his face as he comprehended his hyungs’ support. Deep down inside he knew that they would stand by him regardless of anything, as long as he was careful enough to not jeopardize any of their careers, their hard work and effort for the past 3 years. Things were going to get difficult from here on but somehow it felt really right.

He looked each member in the eye and said with rare earnestness, because boys hardly talked to each other in this way,

“Thank you.”

 

 

“Woo Bin ah,” Mindy began.

“Do – ah, never mind.”

Mindy’s eyebrows were furrowed as she sat at the empty bar of Angel’s Hearth. It was too early for the crowd to enter and Woo Bin was preparing for his shift behind the counter.

“What’s up? You’ve been absentminded ever since Wednesday,” Woo Bin asked with an eyebrow raised as he continued cleaning glassware.

“Well, I’ve been thinking…” Mindy said.

“What’s new?” Woo Bin joked.

“Shut up. I’m being mind-boggled by some issues ok?” she retorted.

Woo Bin laughed heartily upon seeing her scowl.

“What’s bothering you?” he asked with a softer tone this time.

“I can’t stop thinking about someone,” Mindy admitted as she threw her face into her hands.

“Oh?” he lowered himself and closed the distance between him and Mindy.

“Why think about me if you can see me every day?” he smirked.

Mindy removed her hands and rolled her eyes at him.

Woo Bin chuckled.

“Is it the man whom you were talking to for a very long time in the bar the other day?” he probed.

Mindy nodded lifelessly.

“What’s so difficult about that? If you miss him then go see him or give him a call,” Woo Bin stated.

“Well, first, I have no way of contacting him and second, he’s an idol…” she trailed off.

Woo Bin stopped what he was doing upon hearing this new piece of information. Mindy noticed his silence and proceeded to tell him about how she met Jung Kook and Jimin here the other night and her conversation with Jung Kook at the broadcasting station. Woo Bin was clearly surprised.

“Just go. You obviously want to,” Woo Bin replied simply.

“But what if…” Mindy began.

“What if what?” Woo Bin questioned.

“I don’t know, what if I want more after seeing him again, what if something happens and it jeopardizes his career, or worse, the entire group?” Mindy speculated while turning her head left and right, plagued with worry.

Woo Bin gently held Mindy’s face so that she would stop moving about and advised, “Nothing will happen if you don’t let anything happen, but I know for sure you will never live it down if you decide not to go.”

Mindy nodded slowly. Going for the fansign also meant that she could show some support to the group, it was not only about Jung Kook. She could not help but think back to the lovely thank you messages that they had left on the album and her heart warmed at the group of humble yet talented boys. Mindy looked at the man before her, she could always count on Woo Bin for giving her good advice. This time was no exception. He always managed to say the words that resonated with her inner voice, underneath all the layers of worrying and contemplation. She was about to thank him when he dropped his hands from her face and said,

“Ah. I forgot my hands were dirty.”

A look of horror flashed across Mindy’s face and she gave Woo Bin a death glare before jumping off the stool and running to the restroom to wash her face.

But Mindy did not know that making jokes was the only thing Woo Bin knew how to do,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter