First Contact

Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin continued to pester Jung Kook about talking to the girl on stage. Just by thinking about it made Jung Kook embarrassed and he finally spoke,

“Hyung, I don’t like her that way…”

“It’s just that after seeing her perform, I feel like I want to get to know her better…” he mumbled.

Jimin caught that and shaking Jung Kook’s shoulders reassuringly, he pinched the younger man’s cheeks.

“I know what you mean. That’s how I feel when I see Red Velvet perform. That’s the heart of a fanboy!” Jimin chuckled in Satoori, with his eyes curved into crescents.

“Our Jung Kook-ie is growing up…there’s no shame in wanting to get to know girls you know,” he finished.

“But you don’t talk to them either,” Jung Kook retorted.

Jimin shot him a dirty look.

 

 

Mindy made her way down the stage, feeling the adrenaline rush from the performance. She went towards an empty table and sat among the audience. Her usual spot at the bar counter was taken up because it was too crowded. Woo Bin approached her with a mug of strawberry milkshake. He had banned her from alcoholic drinks ever since she konked out that night. Alcohol was only allowed for special occasions.

“You look happy today,” he commented, placing the mug on the table. It had been awhile since she had performed any upbeat songs. It had been melancholic ballads for her past few shifts.

“And you’ll find out why later~” she teased.

Woo Bin ruffled her hair with a little grin on his lips and went back to the bar counter. It was a busy night and he could not afford to stay and chit-chat with Mindy.

Mindy took a sip from the mug. Thick and just the right amount of sweetness – the way she likes it best. She stretched her arms back, arching her back, a satisfied expression on her face. It was a good day. Her eyes fixed upon her fellow colleague who was performing on stage and she emptied her mind, letting the music fondle with her emotions.

When the song ended, two men approached Mindy and they settled themselves on the stools at her table. Mindy turned to them with a questioning look.

“The bar must be really crowded today…” she thought.

They were wearing face masks and caps. The only facial feature Mindy could see was their eyes. She thought that the two men looked suspicious as they seem to be trying very hard to hide their identity. The man with the wider eyes nudged his friend. The friend cleared his throat.

“Nice to meet you…we are fans…we have been watching your performances and we think that you have a really charismatic voice…” Jung Kook said with his husky voice. Even though his voice was stable, Jimin could tell that he was really nervous because his eyes were as wide as saucers.

Jimin mentally chuckled at how cute his dongsaeng was, especially because he used ‘we’ instead of ‘I’, and hurriedly commented in his higher-pitched voice,

“He is a much bigger fan than I am.”

Mindy stared at the both of them. Their voices sounded really really familiar…Something clicked in her mind.

“Do the both of you really think that no one can recognize you?” she asked in an amused voice.

She giggled adorably as the two men gaped at her.

“BTS’…Jung Kook…and Jimin?” she asked softly, acknowledging each of them with a nod as she said their names.

The two men exchanged looks and they removed their face masks. Now, it was Mindy’s turn to feel slightly embarrassed. They were really good looking. Though they did not have any make up on and the dark circles around their eyes reflected their fatigue, there was no doubt that they were artistes that have looks on top of talent. Mindy felt a blush creep up her cheeks as she recalled what Jung Kook had said just now.

“Thank you for the kind compliments…I am Song Mindy by the way, it is a pleasure to meet the both of you,” Mindy said gently.

 

 

Jungkook was speechless as he stared into her eyes. They were twinkling with excitement and full of life. Passion. This was what he saw and this was what had captivated him. It was the one and only thing he could not live without. He was still young and he intends to live his life chasing after things that set his adrenaline pumping. At this very moment, he was ecstatic that he finally got a chance to speak to ‘the girl with the great voice’ but he did not know how to approach her. Turbulent thoughts and feelings swept through his mind but his expression remained neutral albeit for his wide doe eyes.

Mindy was overwhelmed by the awkward atmosphe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter