Final

Light Up My Sky

Fireworks resonated in Seungkwan's ears forcing a yelp to escape his lips. Hansol chuckled, “It's just fireworks, babe, relax.”

The other man chuckled nervously. “Yea, just some fireworks.”

Hansol, being too caught up in the lights in the sky, didn't really notice his boyfriend's odd behavior or tense demeanor as another bang followed by some crackling noises erupted in the night. Junhui and Minghao were kissing and Seungcheol, Joshua, and Jeonghan were holding hands and smiling up at the vibrant greens in the sky. Mingyu sat in the damp grass with Wonwoo perched comfortably on his lap and Hansol felt a pang of loneliness, so he reached out for Seungkwan's hand. The older boy was nowhere to be found.

The entire sky was lit up in shades of boisterous purples, bombastic yellows, and dynamic reds as Hansol pushed through the crowds of people. He cried out for his boyfriend. “Seungkwan? Seungkwannie?”

The young man's heart raced and his feet ached as he ran through the streets of Seoul's LGBTQ+ Pride celebration. Panic struck his heart, it always made him nervous that Seungkwan would just wander when something spooked him. Truthfully, Seungkwan's every move made him nervous because he just loved him so much that if he were to get hurt it would kill Hansol.

The streets were packed with couples holding each other close while street vendors and protest groups packed away their things. Seungkwan just had to be around somewhere, but his habit of fleeing any bad situation was amplified and Hansol couldn't figure out why exactly. Seoul was just far too big for this and Hansol waited for the crowd to begin to disperse as the last of the fireworks went off.

 

Hansol would have wandered right past his boyfriend had Seungkwan not pulled him under one of the last tables still set up. The rapper pulled Seungkwan into a close embrace and whispered to him. “Why on Earth did you run off? Baby, I was so scared. What happened?”

“I hate fireworks,” Seungkwan murmured into Hansol's shirt, tears soaking his white top. “I want to go home.”

“It's okay, they're finishing up now and I'm here, I've got you.”

Seungkwan nodded, red faced, rainbow pain smudging his cheek. Hansol wiped away Seungkwan's tears as he sang softy to him. “I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart...”

The vocalist sniffled. “In my heart I have but one desire...”
The two sang in unison, off key and out of tune, but with so much love in their hearts and affection in their eyes. “And that one is you, no other will do...”

 

The pair of them stayed under that folding table until their group of boys came to find them. After seeing Seungkwan's tear streaked face not one of them said a word about the pair running off. Seungcheol just smiled, “Time to go home, kids. It's late and we're all tired, right?”

Everyone nodded and Minghao yawned, pressing his body close to his boyfriend’s chest. Mingyu and Wonwoo helped the two up from the pavement and the group of them walked onward to the subway station.