Arrival

New Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The apprising announcement of pilot awoken me from my shallow slumber. I was too nervous to even step in the dreamland.

I glanced outside, the airport coming into view, as the plane cautiously navigates its way down the landing area.

I checked my phone, the time had already changed. It was 7 in the morning here, surely, it's only 6 A.M. from where I live. I stretched out my idled limbs, still in my seat. This is it.

The pilot spoke again, "We have arrived in Seoul, South Korea, please remain seated until the flight attendants inform you that you may leave. Thank you for flying with us and enjoy your stay."

The flight attendants released us row by row, section by section. I heaved a deep breath, embracing the crisp gust of wind that welcomed me right after I went off the plane. I began to roam around, locating the mentioned companion in the letter that will fetch me. I don't even know who I was looking for.

Sauntering my way inside, a woman who I think is in her mid-thirties had stood in front of me, blocking me from walking.

"Miss Myoui Mina?" she asked, sounding fluent in English.

"Y-Yes, I am." I answered, stammering. The nervousness I was feeling earlier had suddenly emerged by the stranger's abrupt appearance. "You are?"

"Song Hena, I'm from JYP Entertainment," she responded politely, her smile not faltering. "We have your luggage already, so please follow me." she added, beckoning me to trail behind her.

After a few minutes of trudging behind her, she starts to explain further details about what exactly was going on.

"The girls know nothing about this. It's kind of a surprise. What I need you to do is to keep calm, you're a fan right?" she asked, turning to me.

The image of my bestfriend reappears in my mind, what if it was her who gets to grab this opportunity? I know how much Sana yearns for them, her academic needs is the only thing that's hindering her from obtaining this chance.

I nodded. "Yes, but not that much, I just listen to their music."

"Good, good. Now tell me, when is your birthday? Also, uhm... what are your sleeping habits? Do you sleep with clothes on?" she muttered, not minding my reaction.

My eyes widened as I stare at her, waiting for her to withdraw that upfront questions of her. I almost laughed thinking it was a joke, but she only held her gaze on me, not smiling, which I decipher as a sign that she's not up for a joke. Well, crap.

"E-Excuse me?" I halt on my track, still confused by her out of the world queries. What in the world are those questions for?

"I need to ask these questions, please answer." She insisted, fixing her glasses as she nod. For real now?

She pulled out a small green notepad and a pen, looking at me intently while waiting for my response. "March 24th, that's my birthday. I only sleep without any clothes when it's really hot, but trust me, that's not gonna be an issue here." I replied, emphasizing the word really. Do they really think I'll strip my clothes off in front of them?

"Alright," she smiled, bobbing her head again. "Okay. So what are your hobbies? Do you play instruments? Do you know how to cook? Clean? Sew? Draw? What are you good at? Are you athletic?" She interrogated simultaneously, I couldn't even fathom every single hobbies that she had stated.

"I enjoy music very much. I have over 2,000 songs in my music pod and carry three of those for backup. I play piano and draw but I don't excel on any of it. Yeah, I can cook. Clean, yes. I sew a little back in the days... uhm, I'm good at video games and singing I guess. I'm not a sporty kind of person, though." I restrain myself from inhaling a huge amount of air after unconsciously rapping.

She wrote everything down. "So are those your natural eyes? What about your hair? It's really red. I like it."

I smiled. "Uhh, thanks, and no to both. My natural hair color is black while my eyes are brown. These are contacts." Pointing at my blue-colored lenses, I just snatched this from a store last minute.

"I see. I never would've guessed that they weren't your eyes, they look natural. I say you don't tell anyone they're fake okay?"

I just nodded in understanding, "So what else should I know?"

"Cameras! Cameras EVERYWHERE! No sense of privacy, I mean, of course, you'll have time off the camera and have your own time but for the most part, there will ALWAYS be a camera there." she added, wailing her arms in every direction possible.

Goodness, what am I getting myself into?

"One more thing, how do they not know about this?" From all the evidences and inevitable leakage of news, how come they haven't had any idea about this so-called production of them?

"We kept them really busy, the announcement only went out once. We didn't replay it or anything." 

"I see..." I blurted out, not quite sure if I still want to do this.

"Well, we're here. I'll show you around the dorm, freshen up and take a nap if you wish. The girls aren't here yet, they went on a trip but will be back around 10 or so. The cameras are already on the moment you walk in. Do you plan on taking a nap?" 

"I feel somewhat sleepy, so I'll probably will, although I would like to shower first, why?" I asked, observing the structure in front of me. It was a two-storey abode, scattered with different flowers in each side of the doorway.

"Well, I'm gonna need you to look cute as possible, to start the show off, we think it'll be nice if they found you asleep on the couch."

Who looks cute when they're asleep? What the hell?

"Umm, okay. So you want me to look cute and pretty curled up on the couch... right?" I added, reassuring if I really have to look cute, what does she mean by that anyway? Should I pout while sleeping or what?

"Yep, goodluck. Oh! ONE last thing! Try to keep y clothing down a notch..." Once again, I was left puzzled by her demands, or what I'd like to call so-called rules.

"Why?" I asked. "I mean, I'm not saying I dress like a hoochie but..."

"Well, here in Korea, you don't usually see that... you've been blessed with... ahem, well, they're young so..." She jabbered, pointing at my... ? They're girls too, what's wrong?

"Oh. You mean my assets, okay I get the idea..." I stated, smiling halfheartedly.

"Are they natural?" 

"Umm... yes they are." I answered, feeling a bit awkward with all the cameras around us. Could she be more blatant?

"Okay, goodluck. I'll see you soon." she smiled, bidding me a farewell.

The moment I got out of the car, they handed my baggages. I took a deep breath before marching inside, the camera people were alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter