Departure

New Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey, Mina! Guess what!"

I heard Sana's voice as I walked through the door. "What?" I asked.

"Turn on your television! They're hosting this contest wherein they'll choose a lucky person. You know, most likely a guy, but the thing is, they're going to pick someone who can live with Twice!" she yelled frantically, hitting me on the arm.

"Hmm. Is that so? Are you joining?"

"Pfft, no. I wish... but I have school, so YOU on the other hand should do it! I'll help you make the video!" she explained, simultaneously jumping on the couch.

"Uhm. I don't know. Aren't I a little too old for that? Besides, I have work." I answered, scratching my nape as I stare at her exhilarated figure.

"You're only twenty-one, dummy. That's not old! Plus, it's freaking TWICE! Hello? You won't get another opportunity like this." She insisted, grasping the sides of my shoulder.

"I'm not the only one entering their so-called contest. You know, there's million of fans joining so..." I trailed off, still uncertain about her idea.

"Well, this time it's only here in the Philippines! Chances are, they either choose you, or it's another fan." I looked at her in disbelief. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

"Still, there's alot of Once here!" I complained. What if this is only a waste of time?

"Uhm, hello? How many people have you met during school and/or work that have heard of Kpop? Hmm?" She asked, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Like, two..." I mumbled, knowing she was about to win our argument.

"Exactly! That's why you need to enter this contest. I know you'll win, girl. You're pretty, smart, successful, and a fun person to be with. So come on let's make a vid!" she smiled widely.

"Video?"

"Oh my... goodness. Aren't you paying attention?! You have to make a video saying why they should choose you." She grunted, rolling her eyes.

"Right now?" I asked. "I'm in my work clothes."

"So?" She shrugged.

"I gotta go though. I'll come back tomorrow, okay?"

She shook her head and folded her arms across her chest. "It's Twice, Mina. TWICE. Hmph! Shame on you!"

"Sorry, heh. I promise, tomorrow for sure we'll make the video." I smiled, reassuring her impatient arse.

"Fine!" She slouched on the couch and continued watching a variety show.

 

 

 

- SANA'S POV -

I waited until she finally left the house, I even made sure that her car wasn't in the driveway anymore. After confirming she was gone, I briskly went to do my not-so-dirty work. There's no way I'll let her miss this oppurtunity. I'm sure she'll win!

A click of camera was heard, indicating the camera's video recorder is already starting. I placed it at the top of my bedside table, secured with a tripod for it not to fall.

"Hi! My name is Sana and... uh, well I wanted to nominate my bestfriend, Mina."

 

 

 

- MINA'S POV -

Another two weeks have passed after my bestfriend's scheme of being persistent to make m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter