Hyuk/Ken/Ravi

Three makes story

prompt: hyuk, actual satan

 


 

 

The pentagram flares up in hot flames with a small explosion, and Wonshik accidentally throws the grimoire he’s been gripping the whole time. Jaehwan presses his back against the bookshelves lining the wall, his eyes wide until both of them are forced to turn their heads and shield themselves from the blinding light that envelopes the small library.

“What the ,” an unfamiliar, but human voice says in confusion.

Wonshik clambers to his feet, snatching the frayed leather book off the floor before the stranger could take it.

“What the ,” the voice repeats, and as the black smoke dissipates, it reveals a figure standing in the middle of the now ruined circle that Jaehwan has spent hours drawing on the floor.

“Did it work?” Jaehwan stutters, looking at Wonshik, just across the room.

“For the love of—” the creature, strangely too humanoid and male in shape, groans. “Why do I always get summoned by newbies?”

“I think it worked?” Wonshik blinks, unable to close his mouth. The creature trains his eyes at Wonshik who lets out a yelp, and Jaehwan uses the momentary distraction to grab the first weapon closest to him; a fireplace poker.

“Are you Satan?” Jaehwan dares a step closer, metal rod raised in front of him defensively. 

The demon— he has to be a demon, starting from the hooves, the tail wagging behind him and the black horns on his head— yet he looks so human at the same time, the white skin of his body, and the face, that handsome, boyish face, it’s all confusing.

“Wai— Satan, what?” the demon splutters, and after a quiet moment, lets out a laugh of disbelief.

Jaehwan and Wonshik both look at the creature of hell with unsuspecting hopeful eyes, and the demon closes his mouth in a flash of realization.

“I mean, damn, my cover is blown,” the demon rolls his eyes, throwing his arms into the air with a dramatic sigh. “Yeah, I’m Satan, prince of the seven domains of hell blah blah blah.”

“Where’s your demonic trident then?” Wonshik demands, lifting the thick grimoire to his chest, but he yelps again when the creature whips his head around with a demonic grin.

“Oh, that, I left it at home. I was taking a relaxing lava bath when you guys summoned me— by the way, I’d like to congratulate you guys,” the demon says, and suddenly he’s got both Jaehwan and Wonshik under his arms. “You’re the first humans that succeeded in summoning me.”

“But— you just said you get summoned by—” Jaehwan speaks up with a meek voice, but a long finger is placed on his lips.

“Shh,” the demon grins. “Now that I’m here, how about we have some fun, hm?”

Wonshik and Jaehwan slowly nod, a sense of dread setting in their bellies as the demon steers them away, towards the exit.

“Oh, and call me Sanghyuk. It’s the name I use when I’m on the mortal plane.”