I'd give you my heart (JiminXOC)

BTS ONESHOTS

With a weak heart and a love for dance, Laura had done her best to keep her illness a secret from Jimin through out the process of helping him become a member of BTS and after.

A story written as a request from Taemins_LittleNoona  I hope you enjoy it!


Jimin was pacing the hall in front of the operations room, glancing to its door occasionally with teary eyes. The other members were there with him, all worried and sighing deeply feeling hopeless, hoping and praying things would be okay. 

As jimin waited for the light on top of the operations room to flick off he couldn't resist but remember all memories he had with the girl inside. 

Jimin had met Laura at a dance competition in Busan, they were both finalists and even though jimin won, he was fascinated by how talented his competitor was and soon after getting her contact and starting to meet each other to talk about different dance related subjects he became fascinated by how pretty and nice she was. She called him one day late at night making him worried, but he was relieved when she called just to tell him about a major casting for a new band and that they should apply. At first, she told jimin to apply alone, seeing how he fits the concept wanted, but in the middle of trying to persuade her to apply too, he ended up confessing his feelings. 

Embarrassed, flustered and most importantly extremely happy, Laura wanted to tell him how much she liked him ever since that first time she saw him dance. She wanted to tell him how much being around him makes her the happiest. But she couldn't, she knew by doing so, she'll be starting something she wouldn't be able to finish. She didn't want to lead him on in a one way road with a dead end. Laura knew giving jimin hopes she felt the same will only make him attached to her more, and when she will be gone from his life, he'll be hurt. And laura didn't want jimin to be hurt. She wanted him to be successful, happy dancing on a stage in front of millions of people who come just to see him do the thing he loves and enjoys. 

Laura was born with a weak heart, ever since she was young. It wasn't a case that would hinder her everyday life, but after starting dancing, doctors warned her her case is getting more severe and that she has to stop dancing. But she can't. Dancing was the only reason Laura was holding onto life. 

'I don't want to audition without you, if you don't do it, I won't either' jimin told her the next day. She didn't want him to miss a chance like this so she agreed. 

For a whole month they practiced together, gave each other advice and pointers, they made each other's performance perfect. Laura couldn't keep her feelings in any longer. She knew he would certainly get accepted, and once he would be part of that company, he would be so busy she won't see him again. She realized not being able to see him and be close to him is as painful as the idea of not dancing anymore. 

'We're gonna make it together' said jimin during their last practice before the auditor, while hesitantly reaching for her hand and holding it in his trembling hands. 

'Yeah, let's do our best together ' Laura answered smiling and gripping his shaky hand reassuringly. And she made sure to keep her promise, she did her best, wanting to make it with jimin so they can stay together. But she didn't. Jimin run to her house one night to let her know they had called him and told him to join the dorm after two days. He was so excited and hyper, barely managing to keep his excitement at bay that he didn't notice the disappointment in Laura's eyes. 

'I'm so happy for you Jiminie, you deserve it.' Laura congratulated him smiling. 

'We both did! ' said jimin before noticing her smile disappear and her gaze shifting to the ground. 

'I didn't make it Jiminie' she interrupted smiling reassuringly before he could word his question. She gave him a warm smile and held his hand. 

'You wanted this more than I did jiminie, I only joined so you can make it'

'So, does this mean I'm not gonna see you anymore?' He asked gripping her hand while looking deeply into her eyes. She knew what he was asking, he was casted to join a boy band, and there was a possibility they could never meet again. They both couldn't live with that. 

'No way, it's gonna take more than this to keep me away from you jiminie' laura said smiling. 

'Alright, but, I just want to make one thing clear'

And before she could question what he meant, jimin stepped closer to her, his face inching towards hers slowly, before he finally closed his eyes and planted a soft kiss on her lips. 

'I like you, please stay by my side' he worded and Laura was so overwelmed all she could do is nod her head smiling.

As Jimin started as a trainee under BigHit, they kept their relationship a secret until Jimin made into the group that is to debut as BTS and got so close to the members so ended up calling them all into the living room of their dorm and telling them. He was surprised not to get the reaction he excpected. They all sighed and shook their heads saying things like 'it's no news' and 'we already knew'.

'You're not the best person to keep a secret' SeokJin said

'and you talk too loud on the phone at night' added Namjoon winking before standing up and giving him a friendly slap on the back. 

'Just make sure the fans won't notice so it won't cause a scandal' Yoongi told him smiling reassurangly then left the room followed by everyone else.

After three years of his debut, you were still together as a couple, it wasn't easy keeping a long distance relationship but you worked it out, you would go to every concert in the country, and meet him at the dance studio to practice his choreography together before starting promotions.

But at a particular concert, Laura wasn't there, Jimin kept calling her number but she wouldn't answer until it was time for them to go on stage. Worried about her, he went through the every song and choreography hoping she was occupied with something and that she was safe, or she probably lost her cellphone at the subway that's why she couldn't answer it.

Once the concert was over, and Jimin went backstage filled with adrelanine, he checked his phone if he had received a call from Laura, but instead, there was a missed call from a call he didn't recognize, the network showed it was the number of a hospital so he hurriedly called it back thinking one of his family members was injured. When a woman he assumed was a nurse answered the call, he give her his number and name and asked what the earlier call was about and what she said chilled him to the bone

'We have a patient named Laura Lu, her file has your name and number as her emergency contact but we couldn't reach you'

'Laura is at the hospital?' He said outloud making the other members stop what they were doing and stare at him

'The patient was already moved to the operations room and doctors are doing their best, we just need her here for a couple of papre works and for her insurance informations' the nurse said before giving him the name and adresse of the hospital and hang up.

Jimin stood confused wondering what was wrong when Namjoon moved closer to him and reassured him she'll be fine and that he probably needs to go their to make sure everything is as it should be. Jimin looked at him and the look on Namjoon's face was different, he seemed like he knew something the other members, and even Jimin didn't.

'You know something, don't you?' Jimin asked staring at him, Namjoon hesitated for a moment but sighed when the rest of the members circled him and urged him to say what he knew.

'ok, i'm not supposed to tell you this because she made me promise but, the reason why Laura didn't get selected was because she came to us and told us about not physically being able to be a professionnel singer or dancer.'

'What are you talking about?' Jimin inquired starting to get annoyed 'Just say it alright! what is wrong with her?!'

'Laura has a weak heart, she wan't even supposed to be dancing in the first place. It's too dangerous for her health. She asked not to be accepted!'

upon hearing that, Jimin rushed to the hospital followed buy the other members.

***

The light on top of the operations room door finally flicked off after long hours of waiting, few seconds and it flew open when a doctor walked out. Jimin walked to him hesitant.

'Is she ok? Is she going to be ok?'

'We have done our best, The operation went well and we managed to stabilize her condition, but we'll have to wait until she wakes up to do more tests just to be sure.' the doctor said reassuranly, 'It looked like she was straining her body too much which caused her to collapse when her heart couldn't take the fatigue' 

'she dances'

'Not anymore' the doctor said a matter of fact before walking away.

They had to wait for another couple of hours before a nurse told them Laura was finally awake, but only one person can visit her. 

Jimin walked to the room eager to see her face, she was pale and seemed so tired. 

'Hi' he whispered standing beside her bed and grabbing her hand in both his.

'I'm sorry I didn't tell you before' she managed to say while trying to maintain a weak smile.

'No, I'm not upset. I'm just glad you are alright now, you shouldn't have exhausted yourself' he said gripping her hand tighter before moving slowly and kissing her forhead 'You just have to promise me you'll be more careful from now on, I can't live without you'

Laura nodded her head with tears in her eyes when she noticed he had tears in his too.

Jimin waited beside her for a couple of minutes before a nurse asked him to leave so they can examine her condition more. And after a couple of hours, the doctor came to him to tell him she was stabilized and she could leave after a couple of days but under the condition she would never put her body under extreme efforts.

Jimin made sure that is exactly what happens, he would not allow her to dance more than few minutes under his own supervision and only slow easy choreos.

'If you exaust youreself too much, I won't have a choice but to give you my own heart' Jimin would always tell Laura.