Trustworthy (556 words)

Love You To Death

The next morning, I woke up at 9, awaken by Kiseok, who was bustling downstairs. I took his phone in my pocket and joined him.

“Oppa, what’s wrong ?”

“I don’t know… I can’t remember where I put my phone yesterday. Have you seen it ?”

“NO !”

“You don’t need to shout. Just say it…”

I headed to the bathroom where I put his phone. At the same moment, a text message showed up :

Jay : Where the are you ? We have to act now. The guys are here with at least 10. What do we do ?

I knew it dealt with drugs and stuff. I sighed and called out.

“Oppa ! I FOUND IT !”

He hurried and sighed in relief.

“Why is it here, I’m pretty sure I didn’t take it in here yesterday. Anyway thanks.” He threw an eye at the text.  “I need to leave. Have a good day Lily.” He kissed the back of my head and headed outside.

 

At 10, I was in front of the bubble tea store. Beenzino wasn’t. What if he tricked me here ? Or what if something had happen to him when coming here ?

“Hey you.” Someone poked my shoulder behind me.

“Oh.” I turned back. “Hi Been… Sungbin ?”

“Yeah. Let’s go inside so that I don’t get seen. One never knows.”

“Wait I just wanted my phone back.”

“I know.” He laughed.

I followed him inside the cafe. Now that we were face to face, sitting and sipping our drinks, he seemed so kind and innocent, I couldn’t even believe he was part of The Q. gang.

“So. Are you going to give my phone back or are we still playing ?”

He took my phone out of his pocket. It was almost as they took it from me the day before.

“How did you know I was the one who had it ? I mean… You seemed confident when you called with your brother’s phone that I’d be the one to answer.”

“I just thought you could have taken it back. I mean. What would the others do with it ?”

He put it on the table and rested his hand on it, as if he didn’t want me to take it back.

“If I give it to you now. Then, there won’t be any reasons left for you to see me again. Right ?”

“And then ?” I asked confused.

“I… Really want to see you again.”

“That’s impossible. I mean… It’s dangerous enough for me to meet you here.”

“I’ll protect you.”

“How can I trust someone who wants my brother’s dead ?!”The words escaped my mouth.

“I don’t. Lily, seriously.” He lowered his voice. “I have nothing to do with these guys, I’m just… Working for them to get a bit of money. I don’t even have a real role in their gang.”

“So what ?”

“Just come to the movies with me tonight. If you promise you will, I give your phone back.”

I thought intensely about it for seconds, then agreed, I mean, what's wrong about going to the cinema ? He gave my phone back as I left the store. I scrolled through my phone and nothing seemed to have changed. I couldn't help but smile about having it back.