004

Faking It

“Come in, Yoongi!” Mrs. Park said with a smile brighter than the sunshine. Yoongi nodded at the greeting and carrying his bag with Jihyun’s in his hands as he’s stepping into the brick painted light blue house.

“It must have been a tiring drive!” The elder woman said with a sympathy frown before placing a glass of orange juice on the table. “How are you?”

“I’m fine, ma’am. Thank you for inviting me,” Yoongi pulled the polite card and sip on the cold beverage, quenching his thirst immediately.

Mrs. Park laughed. “Ah, I totally love having you here. Jihyun never take you to see me. It is amazing how you can put up with her for these years. She’s being good to you, right?”

Yoongi doesn’t like how Mrs. Park said like Jihyun is so much trouble. To him, although the girl is whiney, she is never a burden. She takes care to herself well, not that she on drug or something. “We are fine together, ma’am.”

“Hi mum.” Jihyun greeted as she sat down beside Yoongi. Her eyeliner is a little bit messy now, since the long rides. “So, Yoongi will sleep in Jimin’s, right?”

Mrs. Park frowned. “No! Jimin’s bedroom is a mess. There’s no way I will let our precious Yoongi sleep there! He will sleep in your bedroom.”

“Mum. Then where will I sleep? There’s no way I will be sleeping in Jimin’s. His room smells like .” Jihyun mocked her mother’s tone while rolling her eyes, annoyed. Sure Jimin is cute, annoying little brother but he can’t clean for , his room is messier than a ghost town (if ghost town ever exist).

“I believe you two are indeed a responsible adults so Yoongi, for tonight, you will share room with Jihyun’s, if only you are okay with that,” she said, batting her eyelashes.

Yoongi wanted to pull his hair right in the moment, but he’s make a mental note to do it later since his hair is damaged enough with the constant dye(s). So he just pulled on a forceful smile murmuring “Okay” which made Mrs. Park smile like an idiot.

“Okay then… you guys may rest a little bit. I will wake up when it’s lunch time, okay?” Mrs. Park waited for no response and excused herself.

Jihyun sighed in despair, embarrassed by her own mother’s behavior. She motioned Yoongi to follow her and both of them climb the stairs and walk through the hallway until Jihyun stopped at the blue door glued with “DO NOT ENTER” handmade stickers.

She pulled a key from her backpack and unlock the door, open the door and walked first, doesn’t bother to wait for her fake boyfriend to come in.

“So this is my room, suit yourself.” She said as she laid flat on the bed full with enormous teddy bears and pillows. She hugged one of them with affection.

Yoongi look at the handmade art Jihyun’s put effort in it with much interest. There’s a lot of dresses, blouses even types of shoes, fashioned in her own way plastered on the soft pink painted walls. “You really have a big passion in fashion, right?”

“I studied for 3 years and counting on Art&Fashion, so that’s a kind of stupid question, fyi.” She stated the obvious as she turn the air conditioner up to prevent the hot weather affect her.

 

Yoongi shrugged. “Don’t have to be so salty about it.” He commented and sat down on the edge of the bed. He’s so tired that probably he will drown into his dream as soon as he closes his lids.

“You can sleep with me.”

“What.”

“Not that way, ert! I mean, you can sleep next to me. This is not some sort of drama that I will force you sleep on the couch or whatever. Honestly, I don’t care. You can sleep next to me. I love cuddling.”

“I never say that I thought you were signing to activity or what.”

“… you, Min Yoongi.”

Yoongi chuckled but lay his body beside Jihyun’s too and enjoying how the cold air from the air conditioner blew his body softly, lulling him to sleep.

“Wake me up when your mother wake me up,”

“Sure.”

+ + +

 

Yoongi woke up with a soft scent of vanilla and roses, and he loves every bit of it. He always spend extra money to buy various types of bath bombs and he’s not a type of stupid people who believe roses are for only girls and man’s scents are all that faint minty, so he’s enjoying the beautiful mixtures of scents and slowly open his left eye, only to be greet at the glow in the dark stars and moons on the ceiling.

He turned his face and saw Jihyun’s sleeping, both palms coiled together on her chest, her black hair everywhere, and she’s radiating a beautiful smell.

Yoongi is an atheist, he never believe that god exist, but, with Jihyun like that, he started considering because through his view, she is a goddess.

This feeling platonic, it is normal to think someone is beautiful.

Yoongi can heard his own mind spoke. He get up, trying hard to not make any unnecessary movements, doesn’t want to chase Jihyun’s sleep away.

He get into the bathroom and washed his swollen face with cold water. He realized there’s a basket filled with various types of bath bombs, maybe Jihyun share the same interest as his.

Cool.

Yoongi the strolled out from the room, not forgetting to close the door before moving further. He headed to the kitchen and saw Mrs. Park working, wanting to make good meals for her daughter and her future-son-in-law.She then realized Yoongi's presence.

"Yoongi! I am so sorry! The meals are in the process!"Mrs. Park claimed with a pouty lips, a slight regret latched onto her heart. She shouldn’t watch the drama earlier!

“Eh, no! It is okay. I want to help you, by the way.” Yoongi took a seat in front of Mrs. Park, grabbing a knife and the chopping board. “What should I do?” He asked with a gummy smile.

+ + +

“How do you meet her?”

The question got Yoongi stopped from stirring the almost-done cheese macaroni. But he gained his mind’s conscious roughly after 3 minutes so he began his work again.

“We met at the library. We are in the same university, so our chance to meet each other so big. And we stumbled upon the same book, and we love that book so much. I caught her reading that and I was like ‘oh! I love that book!’ and we firstly talked about the storyline until we realized we can bond more than a storyline of a book,”

Totally ripped off from the old movies he always watch with Namjoon during their ramen night.

Mrs. Park cooed. “Aww!! You guys such a pair of lovebirds!”

Yoongi can feel his heart ticked with a little guilt, but he quickly brushed it away with a baby carrot.

“Mom, do not embarrassing me in front of my boyfriend,” Jihyun walked in with wet hair, which Yoongi understand that she must have took a shower. Her bare face is so pure and baby-ish, with a natural highlighted cheekbones. She gulped a huge amount of milk from the carton, inviting wild glares from her mother.

“I am not and I am so thankful that you chose to wake up now. Help us set the table, Park Jihyun!” Mrs. Park bombed as she shove the clean plates to her daughter.

“Okay! Chill, yeah.” Jihyun pouted and get out of the kitchen.

“I am so sorry, Yoongi.”

Yoongi snapped his head, brows furrowed in confusion. “…why?”

“Jihyun. She is childish. To be honest, at first, I thought she made up story that she has a boyfriend. You know why?” Mrs. Park didn’t wait for Yoongi answer before continuing. “She is so anti – social. She didn’t want to talk with anyone, I’ve been called multiple times because she is too hard to approach. It’s like there’s wall around her. It’s been a long time since I see her getting this comfortable. I mean; laughing, eating and talking comfortably around other people that isn’t me nor Jimin.”

Mrs. Park’s smile made Yoongi’s heart clenched. He can’t imagine how broke the elder woman would be when she found out her daughter’s relationship was a total lie; never exist.

“I’m glad I can make her happy.” Yoongi breathed out, and he meant it.

+ + +

The dinner was everything but silence nor polite eating. There’s loud laughs, there’s jokes slipped here and there, there’s food spilling on the table, but no one in the circle cares.

Mrs. Park glad to see her daughter happy. She loves how the cheeks lifted as her lips created a beautiful smile, along with loud laughs.

Jihyun loves the atmosphere. After a long time, she feel happy genuinely, watching her mother laughing with her, she loves every bits of the moments. Oh, how she wishes Jimin was here.

Yoongi was purely happy to watch the family bound fondly, his heart warmed at the scenarios.

It was a happy dinner, for three of them.

+ + +

Author's Note:

Hope you love this chapter :)

And please leave comments, it's motivate me!

xoxo :D