Four - Explanation

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Two hours later, everyone was tired of the PC room. The room was uncomfortably humid, the dampness almost suffocating. Frustrated game-goers were swearing under their breaths impatiently and the sound of various keys of the keyboard being constantly hit filled the room. 

"Younghyun I want to go home, I'm getting tired," Lina sighed, tugging at her boyfriends sleeve. 
Younghyun stretched and stood up "I think we're gonna go Sungjin, Fei."
"We'll go too," Sungjin agreed and we stood up and followed the two out of the building. 
The night air enveloped us in a cold embrace. The sensation stung my cheeks a little but I was thankful for no longer being in that suffocating room, refreshed now. 
We split off once we approached a busy intersection. Late night shoppers were bustling past us, so we said our goodbye's from a distance and went our separate ways, leaving just me and Sungjin. 

After a long silence, Sungjin took a deep breath. 
"What's wrong?" I asked hesitantly. 
"Nothing's wrong. I just want to know- why didn't tell me if you didn't want to walk here on your own?" he asked, squinting an eye slightly. 
"Who said I didn't want to walk on my own?"
Sungjin scoffed, "I know you, Fei, you don't like walking out at night." 
I stopped mid-walking and turned to him, "Then why didn't you pick me up?" 
"You could've asked, you could've got your parents to drop you here. But instead you brought that..intruder to come and walk you here. You've barely known him a week, Fei. I knew you were naive but not this much."
I stood at a loss for words. Sungjin registering my shock continued- "A-And you know what, that guy isn't to be trusted. He took one thing away from me and he isn't taking another." 
Sungjin's voice was a little away from being considered a shout. I could feel pedestrians eyes on us, though they continued to go about their business, I knew our voices were audible. 
"Took one thing away from you and isn't taking another...Sungjin what do you mean by that?" I asked quietly. 
Sungjin started off briskly, walking down the road to my home and refusing to answer the question I posed.
I caught up with him quickly only to be outpaced once again. "Sungjin, please, tell me what you mean." 
But Sungjin didn't tell me what he meant until we got to the outside of my house. 
"You know that summer two years ago, me, Younghyun, Wonpil and Dowoon entered that competition to get a record deal with JYP?" Sungjin asked seriously. 
I remembered the time clearly. It was a last minute thing during a lazy summer break. A poster I'd seen in the subway station, adver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter