Three

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following afternoon Jae and I were sat in the kitchen as planned with my biology textbooks. We were having a break and both sipping on hot sweet tea. 

"I'm curious about something," I said squinting over my cup, "What do you do? You look pretty young so I'd guess you're a student...But you said you do busking?" 
"Nosy aren't you" Jae laughed, leaning back slightly in his chair. 
"Sorry, it's just I was thinking about it a lot..." I trailed off. 
Jae dramatically hit his chest, "Wow...thinking about me, I appreciate it Fei!"
I exhaled deeply, this boy was hard work. 
After his sarcasm died down, he looked at his fingers outstretched before him on the table and thought for a little while, a face deep in thought. 
As if he had received a sudden boost of energy he snapped his head back up to look at me, "I'm a musician, I play the guitar, I sing. Any other questions?" 
"Is that your profession?" I asked. 
Jae gave a slight laugh, "I'm not making much money from it at the moment, but you could say that." 
The low winter sunlight streamed through the window, turning Jae's dark pupils into hazel coloured ones. It reminded me of the tiger's eye stone, I used to collect stones and crystals and I knew the power of the tiger's eye, the strength and resilience. In reality, I was sat opposite to a dorky stranger who played the guitar and liked Chicken Little, but I didn't mind romanticising his eyes, it gave my stomach a fluttering feeling. 
"I see...I want to know- why are you and Sungjin not friends?" I asked, letting my head rest on one hand. 
Jae exhaled deeply "You asked me this yesterday. I think it's better if you ask your friend about it."
"But I want to hear it from you," I replied persistently. 
Jae pondered on whether to tell me or not, his lips in a solemn pout before thinking better of it and shaking his head.
"Come on, back to biology!" he exclaimed tapping at a hardback encyclopaedia. Whatever it was, I knew for certain it was a story that left unresolved rivalry on both sides. 

Afternoon soon turned into twilight, the light

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter