Chapter 2

Life with 12 Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ooh, the way that you pop, girl.

Makes me go cray, show me what you got, girl.

You could be my new thang.

 

The loud, pounding beat of that Redfoo's New Thang seemed to shake the entire house as well as destroying my eardrums in the process. It was only 10 minutes in and I already regret attending this stupid party, rich boy or not. I was all ready to throw in the towel and go home, but of course, I was friends with the biggest party girl in school.

 

Before I knew it, Ha Rin had already dragged me halfway through the house - which was honestly saying a lot since the house was super huge and we landed smack in the middle of the party in the living room. I'm not exaggerating when I say that there was at least 100 people in the living room alone.

 

Despite my already growing uneasiness, I had to admit that this was a pretty sick party. There were never any house parties in Yeonhui-dong where the house had a literal dance floor in the middle and a DJ booth on the upper floor of the living room.

 

"Ha Rin, this is way too crazy!" I tried to shout over the music despite the fact my best friend was standing right next to me.

 

"WHAT?" She shouted back at me, cupping her fingers around her ears to try to hear me better.

 

"I SAID THIS IS WAY TOO CRAZY FOR ME!" I yelled even louder directly into her ear. "LET'S GO HOME!"

 

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Ha Rin yelled right back.

 

Yup, the music was that loud.

 

"I'M GOING TO GET A DRINK, ALRIGHT?" Ha Rin shouted as she struggled to move amidst the writhing bodies of dancing teenagers filling the mansion's large living room. "I'LL LOOK FOR YOU LATER!"

 

"WAIT!" I yelled, trying to grab on to her arm but I was too late. My best friend soon disappeared into the crowd of party goers, leaving me all alone.

 

Goddamn it, girl. Why am I even still friends with you?!

 

Abandoned and alone, I tried my best to get away from the crowd of writhing people in tight clothing and find a place where I could be alone and safe from the rest of the party. Luckily enough, I managed to find a more secluded corner of the room next to a potted plant, well hidden from sight.

 

At least that was what I thought.

 

"You do know she was lying right?"

 

Not gonna lie, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard someone's voice speaking in my ear. Especially when that voice was masculine and definitely not Ha Rin, come to save me from this party.

 

"Excuse me?" I ask the stranger, squinting my eyes as I try to get a better look at him in the low-light.

 

The stranger chuckled at my response, as though he was amused, and took a sip of red liquid from his champagne flute. Well, that was definitely new as well. No teenager I knew drank actual wine at a party.

 

"Your friend over there, the girl with the fishnet stockings getting a drink at the bar?" He gestured at a girl who was unmistakably Ha Rin who was sitting and flirting with the bartender. "She could definitely hear you shouting just now. Heck, any person within a 2 mile radius could've heard you."

 

I blushed when I heard the statement. I couldn't possibly be that loud, could I? I mean, the music was far too loud for any human ear and nobody else reacted, right?

 

"On the contrary, you were extremely loud to the point where I could hear you from the parlor in the next room, which is why I came here in the first place." He answered, as though he knew what I was thinking.

 

"How did you-" I started to ask but he cut me off before I could finish.

 

"Your facial expression says it all. It was far too easy for me to guess."

 

I couldn't see his face, but I could definitely hear the smirk and smugness in his voice. I frowned and crossed my arms as I stared at his face, while cursing how dark it was and how the party seemed to only be illuminated by the strobe lights overhead.

 

"Pretty bold words for a man not showing his face and hiding in the dark." I scoffed and raised an eyebrow at him.

 

The stranger let out a laugh after hearing my challenge. I was momentarily surprised by how silky and smooth his voice was, almost like it had a musical quality to it but I quickly shook those thoughts away.

 

Now was not the time to get distracted by a man's voice when you haven't even seen his face just yet.

 

"Apologies for my rudeness" The stranger chuckled as he set his half-empty champagne flute on the ground before turning back to me. "I really should have introduced myself before making snide comments about a beautiful girls' best friend who clearly ditched her to have fun by herself."

 

My eyebrows furrowed as I glared at him. "You don't know anything about me or Ha Rin. You don't have the right to judge us." I argued.

 

"Alright, alright. You have a point there." The stranger conceded, raising his arms before stepping into the light.

 

I tried my best not to let my jaw drop as I finally got a good look at the handsome face of the man standing in front of me. There was no doubt that he was extremely good looking with round yet angular face, his refined ideal Korean features and his narrow eyes that looked bold with the help of eyeliner.

 

Another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter