All Twelve

Project X: The Failed Experiment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He tapped his foot impatiently. They were wasting his time, and he was not happy about it.

"They'll be here any second now, be patient," a bored voice said from behind him.

He let out a huff. Damn him.

The man behind him let out a snicker at his reaction. 

He was about to let out a retort when the sound of a vehicle rumbled around the corner. 

Finally.

The driver greeted him with a not before going to the back of the truck and flinging the doors open. A few nurses and scientists rushed out to help him. 

Max his heel and stalked back in leading the way.

He led them into the observation room, and watched as they wheeled in 6 beds covered in white sheets. They put them up against the wall according to the number on the blanket ontop. Then proceeded to hook up the bodies to heart monitors, and then left without a word.

The room was quiet except for the beeping of a heart monitor. 

Immediately, Max went to the new arrivals.

He examined the one closest to him, Number 99.

He picked up the clipboard on the bedside table and skimmed through the page. 

David noticed and began reporting, same as before,

"Number 99, buried under an avalance. We actually planned on boming his house but a gust of wind blew us off track causing an avalanche from the mountain behind his house. More or less, he was buried under more than 3 feet of snow. Dead when they found him."

Max moved on

"Number 12"

He cleared his throat before saying, "Erm, this one we pushed off a cliff,"

Max jus nodded and continued.

"Number 21"

"Electrocuted. Stopped his heart instantly"

"Number 88"

"Gang fight. They left him dead on the streets. Our men were waiting for us but seems like the gang got to him first,"

He continued through the numbers and then turned his attention back to the other side of the room, where the rest of his test subjects lay.

"Number 68"

"Bullet through the brain"

"Number 94"

"Was in a tree when it toppled over. He was crushed under the weiht of it since the fall didn't kill him. But he was gone by the time rescue came for him"

He finally had them all back.

He moved to check all the vital signes of Number 10, as he was the only one to have awoken.

The other's still layed there motionless, which continuously frustrating him. 

D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter