Ranking Examinations

Faded || Aegi Nana

No one’s PoV:

" Hey uhm.. Metatron? May you... *tsk* just hurry up and pass me the notes." Lucifer was getting annoyed by the way he started staring at his face.  

" Oh, how polite this big-sized peasant are!" Metatron bowed gracefully as his right hand extended out to Lucifer.

" *Tsk * FINE. Stupid cakehole. Just give it to me!" Lucifer raised his tone slightly louder, showing who had more authority. Metatron cheekily grabbed his notebook and waved up in the air, predicting Lucifer would try to catch it, he timed his cue and shifted his arm to the right, then left, then in haphazard patterns, before an awkward silence filled the both of them for the better.

"Beg."

"Seriously?! You puny OMEGA cakehole! How DARE you, an OMEGA asked an ALPHA to beg, huh? Who's the boss?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, ALMIGHTY ALPHA! But you know, without the notes, you're practically useless~"

"No! B-but!"

"BEG or too bad you can FAIL and LEAVE this place for good."

"FINE. PLEASE. PEE. ELL. EEE. AYYY. ASSS. EEE . PLEASE." Lucifer gave up and grunted. He knew it would be wiser for him to temporarily act extremely polite and 'treated' Metatron with his so-called 'respect for those who sacrificed their hands to write the words of the almighty "GOD" '. Lucifer's plan worked brilliantly, as he knew all he had to do was to sugarcoat his words to appease his preys' egos, by also making the preys seemed like they were the predators before he showed his true colours.

 

"Son of a " He muttered under his breath after making sure  Metatron, who was hopping his way to the table outside the room, could not hear him.

 

And because Lucifer was putting on a mask he never wore before in his entire life, sugarcoating words to attract all the other students, then he would slowly, and steadily devoured their hearts' contents. Zachariah, Metatron, Uriel, Michael and Lucifer came together to revise and study hard for the Examinations.

 

Metatron was like the hyperactive kid who knew most of the stuff – mostly because he wrote them.

 

Uriel was the eager preschool kid who was very eager to learn new things and just accept and believe whatever the more 'Powerful' one out of all the other 5 members said or commanded.

 

Michael, Mr Shurley's predicted as a favourite student. He always tried too hard to prove to Mr Shurley that he was a good student and he should become the future Club Chairperson representative for the following years. Lucifer was really uneasy when he was around him – To Lucifer, Michael was like the Serpent from the Garden of Eden, a very dangerous, monstrous creature.

 

Zachariah, also famously known as a very deceptive player who love to spread false rumours and lies. Lucifer was extremely disgusted by him and vowed not to sin to God by being another Zachariah.

 

And lastly, Lucifer. The guy who one started as someone who was very tired of the Club. But however, little did all the other members knew, he was actually very passionate about the Club. As it was just the beginning, he did not want to step his game too fast before it faded out.

 

The five of them gathered around the table outside the Club Room every single day without fail – well only for Michael and Lucifer. The other angels came for only once a week or so. However, they planned to meet up all together just before the Big Day.

 

And on the Eve of the Big Day,  the five of them were discussing on what they should memorise for the Big Day:

 

" I think we should focus on the Wing Theory."

" Yeah, whatever Michael. You and you 'Wing Theory' piece of crap. Waste of time!"

" Alright then, spill out one that will be 'Relevant' for Examinations."

" Oh Michael, Uriel, Zach, Metatron, you do not want to know what I predicted. I, Lucifer Morningstar, predicted that.... that that... the Examinations will DEFINITELY test out the Rules of Heaven."

" Oh come on, Lucifer. Is that the best you got?"

" Zach, you little wiggle carrot. Bet you 5 Bucks that it would come out during examinations. Trust me guys."

" So, do I copy down that we are supposed to learn about the Wing Theory or the Rules of Heaven."

" Rules of Heaven, of course. Michelle's tricking you."

" Uriel, don't listen to Lucifer. You may write down the Wing Theory and learn them by heart, alright there?"

" Alright, Michael!"

" Ugh. Only listening to that Michael. A boring who have no initiative and only knows how to follow orders from that Idiotic Michelle."

" Lucifer, you do not have the right to insult Michael or me."

" Uriel, or do I say, Michael's Lil' ? Just realised you are protective of that Michael boy. Interesting. "

" Zachariah, you are very rude and for your information, I am not his little . I am just his follower. Are you saying you are supporting Lucifer?"

" Ew! Not that Zach! Even if he is, I will DEFINITELY reject him away! Yucks! Oh! Since and when this NERD MICHAEL had FANS huh?"

" Lucifer, are you jealous of me? That I am SOOOOO much better than you? Hmm? That Mr Shurley LOOOVEEE me better than he does to YOU?

I am a Good student, not some lazy trash lik––"

" How dare YOU call me a LAZY TRASH! LITTLE FAKE GOODIE TOO SHOES!"

" Oh, I dare. No one makes us do anything, Lucifer. And I'll be Archangel Rank soon. You watch that serpent tongue of yours before you will fall and get smitten by me, the Viceroy of this Glorious Artificial Flying Club."

" Oh, very kind of you to call me a SERPENT!! HOW EVIL YOU ARE! YOU DESERVED TO BE KICKED OUT OF YOUR ROLE OR OUT OF THE CLUB!"

" Not like you can do the role better than me, huh Lucifer? Doubt you can even check attendance that organised and I bet you a dollar you'll forget to take the attendance after 4 weeks."

" I..."

" You will never win me on this one, ...." Michael paused and lowered his head slightly towards Lucifer. ".... Little Brother."

Little Brother?! Doesn’t that sound strangely familar?

 

The big day finally came.

All of them except Mr Shurley was taking the examination papers.  

The examination was incredibly difficult for any average student, for they do not know all those scientific terms for simple words.

 

Lucifer Pov:

“ Which are the tests one should take when constructing an artificial smaller-scaled size wing bones prototype?”

 

How do you expect me to know the answer to this question?!

 

Beads of perspiration start forming around my head.

 

How am I supposed to ace the examinations and achieve the rank of Archangel? Hmm... I guess I'll have to randomly choose these multiple choice answers? Anyways, there might be a twenty-five percent chance of getting the correct answers.

 

But alas! Things are not going as how I planned it to go smoothly when suddenly, an essay question with the worth of 40 marks daunt me.

 

40 marks?! This question sure must have something different... something... odd about it. The question can be make-or-break to the final results. What will it be?

 

I prayed to the Lord, for help and guidance, for making the question to my favour, slowly flipping the page to see what the question stated.

 

“ What are the Rules of Heaven that Mechanics need to follow?”

 

My eyes and legs suddenly twitch in delight, unaware of the fact that I was making quite some distraction to the other candidates. I was so glad that on prior notice on the news of the Ranking Examinations, I specifically focused on memorising the Rules of Heaven.

 

to be you, Zachariah and Uriel.

 

I clasped my palms together and silently muttered a Thank-You prayer to the Lord, before scurrying to answer the question.


Thank you. So, so much. I love you. So much…

 

(A/N: Please bear with me for Lucifer's background story... Gabe will be coming soon in another 3 more chapters or so.. sorry >.

Edit: Sorry for long delay for next chapter.. will be out prob by tmr.. and yay 60 views!! :DDD)