I.M. - Talk to You

Monsta X Drabbles

Hi exobts19~ Thanks for requesting ^^

Monsta X member: Changkyun
OC name: Han Dain
Prompt: When Changkyun wants to confess to Dain but always ends up losing his chance so he decides to ask his hyungs for help
Genre: fluff, comedy


 

Chankyun dropped her off, as usual after their date. Except they didn't call it a date. It was just two friends hanging out, and one of them crushing on the other...without the other knowing. He fidgeted nervously as she reached for the door of his car. It was on his mind throughout their entire afternoon of hanging out. He wanted to tell her, to ask her. He felt as though his buttons would pop of if he didn't.

"D-dain!" He blurted out before he could stop himself. She turned to look back at him and he felt his heart jump up to his throat.

"Yeah?" 

"I like you!," he panicked, this was so unromantic, "I mean, like...you---urrrr shirt! Your shirt is really nice today." She looked at him with a curiously amused expression, and he really wanted to hide somewhere. 

"...Thanks." 

Changkyun made one last attempt to save himself,"Uh..see you in class. Friday." He needed serious help.

"Yeah," She smiled and gave him a little wave. Changkyun waited till she was out of his view before clutching his heart and making a cringe-face. Dammit! Why couldn't I just say it out loud?

-----

"Just be yourself"

"Hyunggggggg, that's the worst advice you could give. Everyone knows that. I need real advice, none of that 'be yourself' stuff!"

"I agree with him though," Shownu piped in, looking into their room. 

"But HOW?! I can't act like myself around her! I just see her and get all tongue-tied!" Changkyun let out an exaperated sigh and threw himself onto a nearby mattress.

"What about those horrible pick-up lines, did you ever try them on her?" Hyungwon snorted, giving Kihyun a high-five.

Changkyun wrinkled his nose at them. Kihyun's smooth-talking was so cringeworthy, and he could never make those words pass through his mouth. 

                                                                                               -----

Breath check; minty. Flowers; fresh. Clothes; casual but not sloppy. Ok. He was ready. For sure. 

Dain had asked him if he would like to hang out again over the weekend and they set up a date. Today. With his hyungs, he had brainstormed so many ideas that he wasn't sure where to start. In the end, it was Dain who initiated the meetup, thus, he decided that he was not being too pushy nor was he forcing her to hang out with him. 

He had decided to go old school and get her flowers. There had to be a reason why this gesture still stuck around, right? He sat down at a table in the cafe they had decided to meet in and carefully set the flowers under his chair. Hiding from plain view, but nonetheless still there. 

Everytime the door opened, he looked over to see if it was her. By the 5th time, it was.

She walked in; hair in soft waves, tote bag on arm, and a cute blouse. She looked around, and Changkyun raised his hand to catch her attention. When she saw him, her face broke out into the most adorable smile. He had to snap himself out of it. 

They were off to a great start, they ordered the usual and chatted about everything and anything.

Then, Dain reached into her bag and pulled out a tin. Her forehead was dotted with the beginnings of nervous sweat.

"I did some baking, and wanted you to try it!" Changkyun's mouth made an "O" shape, and he reached for the tin. Suddenly, her hand was on his.

"Changkyun."

"Yeah?" He was trying to stay calm. They were holding hands; almost. 

"I like you." With his thoughts preoccupied by the action of her hand on top of his, and with his hand on top of the tin, he nearly missed her words. His mouth opened and closed, still trying to process what Dain had just said.

"I..." Why was it just so hard to just talk to her when it came to his feelings? He swallowed that turbulent feeling, trying to contain his childish giddiness and nervousness all at once. Then, he let out a breath and leaned to grab the almost forgotten flowers from under his chair. 

"For you," He placed them in front of her, surprising her too, as she had thought that she was the one doing the confessing today."You're...amazing. I can't believe you beat me to it."

They looked at each other and blushed, giving each other little smiles. And finally, they broke into laughter. Turns out, they were both just as dense as the other.   

 

 


 

I took so long to complete this AHHHHH /bows in apology/ 

I hope y'all are having a better time than me and rest assured that I am slowly working on the remaining 4 requests (if I counted properly) @-@

Much Love, 

toffee13