IV.

HEATHENS :| |: MAKE WAY FOR A NEW GROUP OF HEROES.

MAY 05,2016
let the fun begin

Eve ascended from her room to grab some breakfast and soon, Selina and Robin had entered. An hour later, everyone had ascended to the common area and kitchen for some kind of morning grub. Chaotic doesn't begin to describe what had gone on in those two areas; people fighting for food and spots to prepare their food. Some had even retreated back into their rooms due to the lack of space. Once that whole charade was done and everyone was in comfortable clothing for the day, training was to commence.

Tony had gathered everyone into the conference room to discuss the day's plans. 

"So all of you are going to begin training today. We've already decided who's sparring with who so don't worry you don't have to fight each other. We will take five of you at a time due to space issues and we would take the rest of you outside but it's too soon for that. Selina, Robin, Jae, Giselle, and Eve...you guys are up first. Rest of you, do what you want for now until training. Just don't break anything, please.

The five called were instructed to follow Tony, Steve, Natasha, Clint and Pietro. Each was lead to separate quarters of the large gym area. Tony pressed some button on his phone and all of a sudden, blue laser-like borders appeared to separate the five pairs to focus. Usually, the gym would be open and everyone would be sparring or training but given the new circumstances, Tony added a new feature to the gym.

The remaining group of five had collectively decided to sit in on the training, hoping to get some amusement on it. They were all escorted to the room which looked over the whole gym. Gramercy bet that Tony would get his kicked while Lucius was rooting for Eve to show what she could do on Steve unlike the others who had simply been flirting and oogling him. Raaya voiced that she wanted to see what Jae could do to the roadrunner while Wanda was slightly panicking for the safety of her brother. Furaha betted on Selina and Robin being better than Clint and Nat given the two were still very loyal to their group and been showing a lot of hostility towards the other two. Hella simply stated that she wanted to see all the Avenger's butts kicked for her own amusement.

"Tell me, has a pretty woman like you ever really fought anyone?" Tony smirked as stared at his opponent who stood in her shirt and gym shorts with her hair tied into a high ponytail. 
"I don't know. Never really had to fight anyone when they were all screaming in pain and begging me to stop torturing them." Giselle mimicked his smirk as she walked up to him. She went to place her hand on his shoulder but he quickly grabbed her wrist and twisted her arm. Giselle yelled in pain and as a reflex, kicked him in the groin area to free herself. Tony groaned in agonizing pain while Gramercy smirked in her seat. Before Tony could get up, he was yelling for the pain to stop. Giselle had made the pain in his groin a whole lot worse just to torture him. After a good ten seconds, she stopped the pain.
"You can't always rely on your powers to save you." Tony groaned as he stood up and looked at her with a pissed off look. She simply chuckled at him. 
"Oh but it's so much fun seeing people in agonizing pain." Giselle cooed. Tony ran up to her to throw a punch and Giselle surprisingly managed to dodge the action (she was shocked herself). She smiled and once again just induced pain on Tony but this time, on his neck as to choke him. Steve was right, she was going to pose a challenge to Tony. Giselle proved to be flexible. When Tony would get a chance to attack in between the pain, Giselle would easily dodge it by bending backwards to the point of forming a 90 degree angle. Tony was impressed with what she had to give but he wanted her to stop using her powers so she could learn to better defend herself if one day she lost all those powers. Most of their training was spent with Tony being in agonizing pain caused by Giselle.

"Do they want me to kill you?" Selina scoffed as she folded her arms across her chest. Looking at Natasha simply made her angry. Nat softly laughed at the remark from the brunette.
"Cat, you can't kill me." Natasha chuckled as she shook her head. Selina immediately charged toward the red-head at the mere mention of her codename. Selina started doing a number of combinations of punches and kicks from her training. Nat was dodging some while throwing a few good kicks herself. The anger that Selina had didn't stop her from getting back up and lunging at Natasha. Selina was mainly aiming for her Nat's face which she picked up on and blocked her fists. 
"They trained you very well from what you're giving me." Nat commented in between punches. Natasha saw something all too familiar in Selina's eyes; a void. It's easy to tell when someone is upset or what they're feeling by looking in their eyes but when it came to trained assassins, they were void of any emotion in their eyes. It reminded Natasha of herself and the time where her eyes were like that; completely empty. It was like the the emotion right out of Selina.
"Oh, that's just a small preview." Selina smirked as she managed dodge one of Natasha's kicks and kick her in the abdomen. This caused Nat to fall flat on her back and become out of breath from the blow. Selina walked up to her and placed her sneakered foot on Nat's chest. 
"If I had my heels and gun, this would be the part where you die." Selina commented as smile appeared on her lips.

"For an old man, you're pretty good." Robin joked as he blocked some of Clint's attacks before punching him in the face. "But not as good as me." Robin smirked at his hit. Clint chuckled at the kid's energy and confidence. 
"You want me to go hard on you, kid?" Clint asked as he touched his bruised lip from the punch. Robin simply shrugged with that smile still on his face. "Give me your best shot, old man." Robin taunted as he held his fists up to his face. Clint mimicked his smug look before charging at him with a series of kicks before landing a good punch to his face. Robin didn't fall from the punch but was impressed. Robin continued to go all out on Barton; getting a few good hits here and there. After forty minutes of continously sparring, the two tapped out for a water break. Clint walked over to Robin, impressed with his skills. 
"You're really good, I'll give you that." he stated before chugging some of his water, "If anything, you're a better sparring partner than Nat." Robin's body tensed at the mention of Natasha's name. "I'm obviously better; I'm not soft like you or that traitor." Robin sternly spoke as he took another swig of his water. 
"Hey, you better stop calling her that. She'd be dead if it wasn't for me. I was supposed to kill her but I made a different call." Clint scorned at his partner. Robin only scoffed before looking straight into Barton's eyes, "You should've just killed her.

"What's with the earbuds?" Rogers asked as he tilted his head to the side. Eve had wireless headphones in her ears. It helped with her telepathy and figured it'd be best for her training so she could concentrate. "Helps with my telepathy." she responded as she pointed to her head. Steve nodded in understanding, remembering about her powers in her file.  After a quick pause in silence and possibile awkwardness, Steve motioned his hands as to signal Eve to come at him. Eve was the complete opposite of Selina and Robin; she didn't have an extensive background in fighting and wasn't even flexible. She relied on her powers to save her and for fighting anyone that posed as a threat. Eve walked up to the soldier, taking in a deep breath before launching her fist towards his face. Steve stopped her fist with his hand; impressed at the strength that he felt in her.
"Not bad, Gardener." Steve smiled in amusement before going for a blow himself but Eve disappeared before he made contact with her body. Confused, Steve looked around before feeling a tap on his shoulder from behind. Rogers turned around and got a punch to the gut. Again, he was impressed with the strength that came from Eve. The pair continued with the back and forth but it was more of a lesson since Steve was mainly showing Eve how to better defend herself and some techniques for fighting.
"We'll work a lot on your techniques and basic fighting skills. You've got potential, Eve." Steve commented as he went to grab his water. 
"Thank you, Captain Rogers." Eve stated back as she sat down to towel off and drink some of her water. She still had her earbuds in but the music was low enough for her to still hear what Steve was saying...and thinking. Eve could tell that Steve did not trust her. Maybe that was the reason he took her instead of the others. He had his doubts and Eve couldn't blame him, who wouldn't doubt her or the others? She didn't have a squeaky clean reputation. 

"Awe, am I fighting you, doll?" Jae asked in a creepily cute voice as she stared at her partner. Pietro could feel his blood run cold at just the sight of her. Jae had rid herself of the mask for training as it didn't seem to be appropriate for her training. Also, she figured she'd get a bit of an advantage if her scar distracts Pietro. Lo and behold, Jae was correct. Pietro simply stared at her face; mainly her scar. 
"You see something you like, sweetie pie?" Jae asked as she slowly walked toward the blonde. He was so distracted by her scar that he barely noticed how close she had gotten; their bodies a couple inches apart. Watching from above, Wanda was dying to throw the clown across the gymnasium for looking at her brother. Lucius noticed her change in posture and smiled to himself; it reminded him about how he was with his sister. 
"Hello. I thought we were supposed to be training?" Jae questioned while bringing her finger to gently tap Piet on the tip of his nose. Next, Jae raised her right arm to throw a punch but Pietro's hand engulfed hers before it made it's way to his face. Jae's face showed one of shock before a smirk spread on her lips; it was more creepy given her scar extended that smile. "Impressive, roadrunner. Thought you were too busy looking at my pretty face.." Once again, Wanda's body grew more tense. It wasn't Jae she was mad at but at Pietro. Looking in her brother's mind, she could see that he wasn't scared of her...he was interested in her. Wanda moved closer to the glass, clenching her fists, ready to break the glass and throw Jae across the gym.
"Show me what you got." Piet asked in his Sokovian accent. Jae chuckled before moving back. 
"You're lookin' at it, toots." she responded as she twirled in a circle before placing her hands on her hips. "Unless this ain't enough for ya. I would show you more but I think it would be best to show you when we're alone." Jae winked as she waved at Wanda which made Wanda emit a low growl of somesort; shocking the others. 
"I mean fighting skills." Pietro sighed as he rolled his eyes. After much of Jae's flirtations were out of the way, she began to actually fight him. Though Piet could block and dodge most of her attacks with his speed, he was impressed with what she had to offer. At the end, he had her in a headlock; Jae tapping out to signal that he won. Before Pietro knew it, he was knocked down to the floor with a blade to his neck. Jae knelt down to whisper in his ear, "Can't let your guard down around me, doll." before lightly chuckling and planting a peck on his cheek. "Let's go again, puddin'."

 

25
oct

author's (stupid) notes

hey hey another update from me when i should be doing schoolwork /slapped. anyways, this chapter is just focusing on the five mentioned in the previous chapter and their training obvi. next chapter will cover the other marvelous five to show their techniques. so i seriously had a lot of fun writing this chapter as i do listen to the songs you guys use for your characters. sophie, i listened to your song that you chose for robin and i honestly love it and what do you know, i found it in the DC's playlist for the rebirth of nightwing  on spotify! :D please tell me that it was on purpose that you chose this song so i  don't feel like such a dork! anyways, i hope i did the others justice as well in this chapter, if not please don't hesitate to tell me cause i need that constructive criticism. thanks all so much to those who are giving me feedback in the comments with such detail, i truly appreciate it! ps. i apologize if my description of their fighting skills is very crappy i just-i at when it comes to defending myself lol. not really edited so if there are grammar or spelling mistakes, i am super sorry kk bye xoxo