Part IX

I Could Be the One

Aom didn't know how long she sat in the car. Her heart felt as heavy as lead, try as she might. she can't get the image of Tina holding her girlfriend out of her head. What did she expect? She was the one who told Tina to go, did she think Tina would long for her forever? Her stomach churned at the thought that she has lost her for good.

By the time she got to the hotel, the press conference was almost over. She apologized and give them the traffic alibi. Most of the press were disappointed but fires her their questions anyway. Mostly about  the movie. She answers all questions trying her best to look okay. It was almost over until..

"Aom! We know Tina's back. Is there a chance for you to get together and have a reunion with your fans?" One of the press asked.

Aom almost choked when she heard Tina's name.

"I,, I don't know yet. I, I hope so?" Aom was lost in her thoughts again.

"Okay that would be the last question for today, Thank You." P'Pum cuts the buzz. Trying to save Aom from all the following questions about Tina. "I hope you can all support and watch Aom's new movie."


After the press conference Aom have an appointment in one of the biggest malls in Bangkok promoting her movie.

P'Pum looked at Aom. Her shoulder's slumped, her face a mask of pain and her eyes, her beautiful eyes held such sadness. He's sure that Tina is the cause of this.

Aom giving him a weak smile said, "shall we go?"

No. I don't think you're in the condition to do this." P'Pum said gently as he watched Aom struggle to keep her face carefully expressionless.

Aom's composure slipped a notch towards tears but she held back and said, "What condition? I'm perfectly fine."

"Aom, don't lie. I can see it in your face. We don't have to do this now, I can tell them to reschedule." P'Pum said, reaching across the table to tap her shoulders.

Aom felt a tear forming at the corner of her eye, she quickly brushed it away with her hand, "I'm sorry...I had a bad morning."

"Don't worry about it. Is there anything you wanna tell me? Is this about Tina? I know that you are hurting again because of her."

Aom look at the floor, feeling defeated.

"Aom, i know that it's maybe too late, but i want you to know that it is okay with me now if you wanted to love whoever you want to. I thought i was doing the best for you but seeing you dying everyday breaks my heart. I am very sorry."

Aom was surprised by what her manager say. It was the last thing she expected from him, remembering how he was so mad when she told him about her and Tina. Aom looked at P'Pum with a bewildered stare, "Yes. you're right. It's too late."

P'Pum look at her closely. He's thinking of what he can do to see this beautiful princess smile again, genuinely.
----------------------------------------------------------------


Aom insist on meeting her fans and promote her movie, after that P'Pum asked her to go out with her friends.He already called Fern and Hongyok her friends in college, while she was busy signing an authograph for her fans.  Aom hesitates, but she saw them waving their hands. They're here. She thought, "Yeah, maybe i need to unwind a bit."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is this?" Aom asked, sniffing the cream-based looking drink in her hand. She saw Hongyok drank her first shot.

"Just drink it. It's their signature mix here." Hongyok said.Then drink her second shot. They went to a videoke bar after having dinner.

Aom wrinkled her nose and brought the glass to her lips. Hongyok watched as her expression changed from a frown into a surprised smile. "Mmmm..this is so good!

"Good but lethal. Take it easy, the effects comes slowly, you wouldn't know what hit you." Fern said with a wink. But raises her glass and shouts "Let's party!"

Aom gave a hearty laugh and raised her glass. They downed their drinks in one gulp. Aom surveyed her surroundings,. They were happy faces and laughter filled the air. The merriment and alcohol had lightened her fatigue and mood considerably since the morning.They catch up the whole night. Laughing, teasing, and singing like idiots.
----------------------------------------------------------------

"Baby, do you really have to go tonight??

Tina's upset.  Leisha was having a problem in her bar.  Her bar's manager wasn't able to fix it herself they needed Leisha to attend it to. A customer was caught using a drug and they were told that the bar needs to stop the operation.

"Baby, you know i need to be there."

"But you just got here!"

"I know." Leisha held Tina's hands and placed it in her waist. "I'm going back after it was settled. Just wait for me, It will be okay in no time." She kissed Tina and hurried to get her things. "Come on, the plane will not wait for me."

Tina drove Leisha to the airport, she's still upset but she understands her girlfriend. Leisha loves her bar so much, it was her baby. She puts all her heart and hard work to establish her business. Tina sighed. "You take care, okay?"

"I will, you too." Leisha kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Leisha kissed her again. "Okay bye, I gotta go! Bye Babe!" Leisha almost run to check in.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Tina sped down the road, taking turns as fast as she could, all she wants to do now is go home. On her radio, the music blasted out at full tilt, Jann Arden was singing about a lost love. She don't understand why her thoughts was shift to Aom. Ughhh! Aom again. She pushed the tuner

"Lighting don't strike,

the same place twice, when you and I, say goodbye, felt the angels cry"

 

"What the?!"?Tina exasperated.

 

"True love's a gift, but we let it drift,

in the storm, i felt angels cry."

 

"Okay, Stop!" She pushed the off button.

 

"RIIINNNNGGG!" She desperately snatched her phone in front of her "Hello!"  her voice was almost shouting.

"Tina?!" A mans voice on the other line was surprised on how she answered the phone.

"Sorry!, Who's this?!" She lowered her voice,  felt shamed.

"This is P'Pum, i got your number from Air. I need your help! Aom needs a ride home, she's drunk, can you go and fetch her?! I'm just in a middle of something I can't go. Please..."

"Where is she?!!" Tina almost screamed gripping her phone tight.

"She said she stopped in this corner." Aom's manager gave her the address.

"Okay!, I'll go now!" She throw her phone on the passenger seat and step on the accelerator!
----------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh !" Aom cursed aloud, chucking her mobile aside after calling her manager. She stopped her car by the corner of the road when she had started feeling sick. Her head was spinning from the effects of the alcohol. She was feeling alright, slightly tipsy when she left the pub.

Damn, Hongyok was right, she should have gone easy on the drinks. There's no way she could drive home in this condition, she didn't even think she could walk. She leaned back and closed her eyes tightly, hoping to stop the dizziness and wishing she had not insisted on driving home when Fern's boyfriend offered her a ride with them. Fern's boyfriend fetches the two after drinking.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hold on Aom, I'm almost there. You've got to be safe, I'm telling you!" Tina was worried sick of Aom.

"There!" she found Aom's white mazda in the corner alley.