Part 3/5

Daijobanai

Part 3/5

 

Mihyun pulled at the straps of her backpack, keeping her gaze glued to the ground. 

“Where's Mieun?” Yeonju asked in that sweet voice of hers.

“Her classes ended early today,” Mihyun explained, seemingly pained to talk about her older sister. “She's at home already.”

“Okay.” 

They kept walking in silence, Mihyun staring at the asphalt and Yeonju looking forward, unfamiliar with the area. Every now and then, the ravenette would glance at Mihyun, but avert her eyes instantly. The other was captivating, she wanted to look at her all day. But Mihyun was also a little bit scary, those dark eyes and hard stares made Yeonju a little bit nervous. 

So she opted at looking straight forward, chewing nervously at the inside of her cheek. 

The sun was already starting to set. Thursdays were the worst, they ended so late. But it was the only day both the girls had time to meet up and finish the project. Not that it was needed though, Mihyun had argued. They were almost done anyways, all that was left now was gluing the pictures on to the poster and drawing some finishing touches as they pleased. And that could in fact be done during the lunch break. But whatever, right? Mieun had already invited Yeonju over, and saying no now would just be rude. 

“We’re here,” Mihyun mumbled, turning in the direction of their house.

Yeonju followed her past the gate to the front door, fiddling with her skirt. Mihyun unlocked and let herself in, holding the door open for Yeonju. The two took of their shoes and uniform jackets. 

“Hello!” came Mieun’s loud voice from somewhere inside the house, presumably her room. 

It was really nice here, Yeonju thought to herself, following Mihyun past the living room and towards the staircase. The house was full of expensive looking furniture and paintings. It looked a lot bigger on the inside than on the outside, she noted. The upper floor was emptier, an empty corridor with a carpet on the floor. There were three doors. Mihyun opened one of them, gesturing for Yeonju to go inside.

“I’m just going to the toilet real quick, just wait in my room.”

“Okay,” Yeonju answered with a small voice.


-----


When Mihyun came back in, she saw Yeonju on her bed, cat in her lap. She was so occupied with cuddling the fluffy pet that she didn’t even notice the blonde entering. Mihyun cleared , making the latter jump a little. The cat flinched, jumping down to the floor and running past Mihyun and through the small opening in the door. 

“Shall we begin?”

The girls worked diligently, making as little conversation as possible. When they’d finished gluing on the last pieces of paper Mihyun went to find a few coloured pencils. Once they were settled with decorating the poster, silence settled upon them. The only things that could be heard were the scraping of the pencils, their breathing and the faint noise of Mieun’s  undoubtedly loud music from the bottom floor. Yeonju found herself relaxing. This was nice. At one point, they decided to stop drawing. There’s only so much patterns and colours and prints that a poster about language variations can take. 

“Do you wanna… Watch some TV or something?” Mihyun suggested sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. 

“Sure,” Yeonju smiled, helping her to clean up the floor they were working on. 

Mihyun had a flat screen TV right opposite her bed. Wow. Her family must be rich, Yeonju thought as the other looked for the remote.

M Countdown was on. Great. Mihun hated M Countdown. And anything that had to do with idols really, but Yeonju seemed to enjoy it, so she said nothing. At one point, a song that Yeonju seemed to be really familiar with came on. She began moving her hands in time with the girls, humming along with the melody.

“You know this one?” Mihyun asked, amused with how the other was trying to hide her inner fangirl.

“Yeah, I learned the dance last week.”

“Why don’t you show me?” Mihyun suggested jokingly. But Yeonju nodded enthusiastically, standing up and moving to the middle of the floor. 

She moved carefully at first, looking down to the floor and acting all shy as usual. But when the chorus came, that changed. The girl was lost in the music, seemingly forgetting about all her surroundings and the fact that scary Mihyun was watching. She moved like she had practiced, sharply and in perfect time with the idols on the screen. And Mihyun watched in awe. That shy, timid and soft spoken girl was gone. It was as if she never existed. In front of her was a stranger, a goddess.  Her moves weren’t like the ones on the TV, they were elevated. Different. Better. They were Yeonju. She did everything with ease, showing of her flexible body and skilled feet. As Yeonju moved, Mihyun started to notice a difference in the mood. Something was hanging in the air, something was bubbling up inside of her. The ravenette turned around, body rolling in time with the music, and Mihyun cursed the school uniform for being so goddamn short. 

She felt heat pooling up in her lower stomach, gulping as… Wait. She felt what? 

Mihyun suddenly started to panic. What was she feeling? Watching a girl? A blush crept up her neck and settled bright and pink on her cheeks. She took a shaky breath as realization came upon her. 

The song ended, sadly. Mihyun wanted it to go on, partly because watching Yeonju dance was something so strangely beautiful that Mihyun felt like she could do it for the rest of her life, and partly because now Yeonju will turn around and see her flustered expression, and she really didn't  want that. 

Yeonju did her endpose,  before collapsing onto the floor adorably. Little pants escaped her lips as she caught her breath, smiling in content. 

“What did you think?” She sat up, crossing her legs and facing Mihyun.

“You… You're really good,” Mihyun said truthfully, smiling towards her lap. She didn't want to look at the other, wishing that her fringe would hide her blush.

“Thank you,” Yeonju chimed, placing a hand on Mihyun's bare knee. 

A jolt of electricity shot up the blonde’s leg and settled in her core, contributing to the mess of sensations spinning about in her stomach. What was happening to her? 

“Mihyun-ssi… I know you don't really like working with me. I'm sorry for being a burden.” 

“Wh- What?” Mihyun shook her head, too distracted by the hand on her knee to be able to process the other's words properly. “You're not! I swear, I just… I'm not good with strangers that's all. It's my problem, not yours.”

Yeonju smiled, a smile she's never seen before. Big and sparkly and beautiful, not that usual shy quirk of her pretty pink lips. 

Mihyun suddenly became hyper aware of the alarmingly small distance between them, gulping as she felt the blush heat up even more. Yeonju seemed to notice this time, much to Mihyun's dismay, bringing her other hand to caress the other's red cheek. She stood up on her knees, face mere centimeters from Mihyun's. Her breath fanned Mihyun's hot skin, making it tingle. 

Not really thinking much about it, she leaned in, pressing her lips against the other's soft ones. It simply felt right to do so. It felt great.

Yeonju had never kissed a girl before. She's kissed lots of boys though. But it never felt quite like this. This good. Her heart was beating out of her chest, pumping hot hot blood out to every corner if her body, to the tips of her fingers. Her hand traveled further up Mihyun's milky thigh, acting accordingly to its own will. Not that that was a problem. Well, not to Yeonju anyways. 

She pulled away, almost panting again. And seeing Mihyun's face, that wide eyed, borderline terrified expression, made her regret it. Why did she kiss her? What the hell? She opened to apologize, but before she could speak a work someone knocked on the door. Yeonju jumped away from Mihyun, turning around to see Mieun open the door.

“Do you want to stay for dinner?” she asked, completely oblivious to the bright red blush and swollen lips both the girls were sharing.

“Sure,” Yeonju smiled, acting before thinking. Maybe she should've said no. Maybe Mihyun hated her. 

 

*****


A/N:


Here's the third part guys

I'm really struggling to update my stories rn because I'm in a place with awful wifi and I'm like actually going outside and doing

But I'm trying my best ok

Enjoy ^^