Always

All the Way, Girl's Day~

B04111E0CA9241FFB53408038AC641FC.jpg

 

INSPIRED BY: #6YearsWithGirlsDay

 

Blankets spread, snack bowls filled, wine poured, pajamas on.

 

The sleepover had commenced.

 

“Can you believe it's been six years already?” Minah drowsily asked the group as she laid her head on Hyeri’s shoulder.

 

She was a lightweight.

 

Sojin sipped on her wine. “My age reminds me daily, so yes.”

 

Yura playfully punched the unnie.

 

“You literally age backwards. I don’t know what you’re complaining about.”    

 

The second oldest smirked at the maknae.

 

“If you wanna discuss who grew the most, look at that girl.”

 

Hyeri flicked her hair. “I was cute and now I’m the cutest.”

 

“Yuck.”

 

Laughing, Sojin lightly slapped Yura in order to remove the disgust from her face.

 

“I kind of agree with Black Bean. She used to be shy as a teenager but now she’s like a constant explosion of aegyo. It's weird.”

 

Hyeri hummed her agreement in a high pitched tone to reinforce the statement.

 

Sojin had to hold Yura back from hitting the young girl.

 

After all was settled, a comfortable silence fell over the conversation.

 

It seemed like they had been reminiscing about the past quite often lately.

 

There was something about their sixth anniversary that brought about waves of nostalgia.

 

Minah quietly spoke up.

 

“We’ve had so many individual schedules this year. I missed silly nights like this. I missed us together like this.”

 

Yura, now calmed, reached over to hug the smaller girl.

 

“I missed having an extra buffer between the devil and I in the dorm,” Yura mumbled into her hair, squeezing Minah until she started complaining.

 

Hyeri fondly smiled at the two. “You know what I miss? Being exhausted from comeback schedules.”

 

Sojin crinkled her eyebrows in confusion.

 

The younger took a swig of the alcohol. “It means we had the support of one another to lean on. It was difficult being tired alone.”

 

She played with the fray of the blanket.

 

There was a squeeze to her hand.

 

“We’re so proud of you, maknae.”

 

Hyeri raised her head to meet the beaming face of Sojin, with Yura and Minah nodding along to her words.

 

She harshly blinked away the tears that suddenly appeared. Alcohol made her emotional.

 

 

Yeah, that's why, she told herself.

 

Hyeri wasn't alone nor had she ever truly been alone. Not when her members were constantly looking after her.

 

True friends cheered you on at your highest moments, and cheered you up at your lowest.

 

From the bottom of her heart, the youngest whispered, “Thank you, unnies.”

 

“Thank you, Hyeri-ah,” the trio chorused.

 

“While we’re on the subject of missing each other,” Sojin said affectionately, “I'll explain what I don’t miss about Girl’s Day.”

 

Although the members were disconcerted by Sojin’s comment, they gathered around in a circle and held hands like she instructed.

 

She cleared and began.

 

“I don't miss the high-spirited energy that tries to impact everyone we meet.

 

“I don't miss the true colors of our personalities that are too bright to possibly dim.

 

“I don't miss the hard working ethic that carries on with us even through success, thanks to our humble beginnings.

 

“I don't miss the love and care that we share for one another.

 

 

"The care that shows through late night talks, prepared meals, never-ending laughter, and encouraging messages of strength.

 

“The love by being each other's good and comfortable someone.”

 

The tears were trickling down smiling cheeks. For all of them.

 

Sojin managed a laugh among the emotions and continued, “Why? Those qualities have always been a part of us—of who we are as a group, as people. There will never be a reason to miss that. No matter how far the distance is between us, we will close the gap in a heartbeat with our close bond. ”

 

The leader stood to pull her crying members into a tight hug.

 

“‘Nothing Lasts Forever’ brought us together as Girl’s Day, but our bond as sisters will keep us marching through this journey always.”

 

Sojin softly called out, “Everyday…

 

...Girl’s Day!!” they harmonized.


Together as one.

 


 

Not a fan from the beginning, but a Dai5y until the end. #6YearsWithGirlsDay