That's So Original

All the Way, Girl's Day~

INSPIRED BY: Sojin and Minah being the last original members of GsD

 

“Hi, unnie! Sorry I'm late. Where's Yura unnie and Hyeri?” Minah asked, sitting down at the table across from Sojin.

 

The older flagged the waitress over so Minah could order a drink.

 

“They're still at the apartment. I came here from my schedule.”

 

Minah nodded knowingly. “I bet you they're eating something right now.”

 

“I know they are,” Sojin asserted, rolling her eyes at the late members.

 

The singers chatted casually about their recent affairs as they waited for Yura and Hyeri to arrive at the restaurant.

 

It felt good to catch up. Minah missed conversing with her unnie.

 

“You know, the other day Jiin unnie messaged me,” Minah revealed. “She just wanted to say hi.”

 

“Really? Are you sure you didn't mix her up with Jihae?”

 

“I'm sure, I double checked,” the younger chuckled softly. “Honestly, I was shocked too. We haven’t talked for years.”

 

“Same for me. I don't even know what she and Jisun are doing in their lives. Are they finished with school? Are they engaged?”

 

Sojin leaned her chin on her palm wistfully.

 

“This brings me back to old times though.”

 

She bopped the nose of a surprised Minah.

 

“You used to be so cute at the age of fifteen with your chubby cheeks and straight bangs.”

 

Minah pouted, retorting with, “You used to be my biggest role model and mother figure.”

 

“Used to?” the oldest challenged.

 

Grinning, the younger held Sojin’s hand between her own two.

 

“Nah, you still are, Sojin eomma.”

 

“Yah!”

 

Minah fully laughed as she avoided her unnie’s swipe at her.

 

The leader still cringed whenever her members accidentally called her “Mom”.

 

The two turned to the front of the restaurant. Yura and Hyeri’s loud voices seeped in from the open windows.

 

“Do you ever wonder what could have been?” Minah asked, seeking closure to the topic.

 

What would be of Girl’s Day if Jiin, Jisun, and Jihae had never left?

 

Sojin watched Yura and Hyeri bicker through the glass doors, both had their hands on the handle.

 

She knew they were arguing over who should open the door for who as usualYura believed the unnie should take care of the dongsaeng.

 

Hyeri thought vice versa, resulting in fights left and right.

 

“No, no I don't.”

 

The two finally made their way inside after a starstruck male clumsily opened the door for them.

 

“Hi, unnies!” Hyeri waved enthusiastically. “Sorry we’re late, Yura unnie and I were busy eating our pre-meal meal.”

 

Yura elbowed her and complained, “Why would you say that out loud! You make us seem like pigs.”

 

“There’s no reason to hide the truth!”

 

Hyeri stuck her tongue out.

 

And the bickering started all over again.

 

Sojin locked eyes with Minah and they shared a secret smile.

 

“I love us just the way we are.”