The Puppy Thief

All the Way, Girl's Day~

INSPIRED BY: Yura’s new puppies

 

“Yura, what was this chew toy doing in my room?”

 

Sojin dangled a wrecked barbell-shaped rope in front of the confused younger girl.

 

“I was wondering where that went.” She tossed the toy to her hyper puppies. “I don’t know why it was there though, unnie. I usually keep Pepper and Nacho locked in my room. I supervise them whenever they’re in the living room too.”

 

Sojin sat next to Yura on the couch. “Do you think they’re coming into my room somehow? The door is closed when I’m not home.”

 

The tall girl hummed as she pondered the thought. “Maybe. I wouldn’t put it past them, they are smart dogs after all.”

 

Yura’s face brightened as an idea came to her. “Let’s go hide in your closet and see if they can come in.”

 

She dragged a skeptical Sojin into the leader’s room, closing both the room’s door and the closet door.

 

“Now what?” Sojin asked, quietly judging another one of Yura’s ideas.

 

Sometimes they’re good and fun, but other times…

 

“Now we wait.”

 

A bell sounded throughout the apartment. Hyeri was home.

 

“Huh, she’s early,” Yura lamented. “Should we go say hi?”

 

“Yeah, let me just find the—”

 

The door to her room creaked open deliberately, followed by multiple footsteps.

 

Sojin froze with her hand on the door handle. “What is she doing…?”

 

“Alright, puppy,” Hyeri’s voice sounded out. “Get unnie’s bowling glove and I’ll give you a treat.”

 

Sojin and Yura looked at each other, puzzled.

 

“Pepper, I literally just pointed out the glove to you.”

 

There was some shuffling as Hyeri picked up the dog and placed her in front of the bowling gear.

 

“Get. the. glove.” She enunciated slowly, continually jabbing her finger at the object.

 

Pepper found more interest in the moving finger, pawing at Hyeri’s leg to reach it.

 

“Pabo-yah!” A frustrated Hyeri hollered.

 

She stomped down the hall, continuously muttering, “Like owner, like dog.”

 

Returning with Nacho, Hyeri stopped to stare at the closet the two were hiding in.

 

“Did you hear something, Nacho?”

 

“Arf!”

 

Hyeri shrugged and turned her attention back to her task. “Let’s hope you’re smarter than Pepper. And Yura unnie. Come here, girl.”

 

Inside the closet, Sojin had her hand clamped over Yura’s mouth as the younger struggled to break free.

 

Her eyes were murderous as she glared through the closet door in Hyeri’s direction.

 

“Shhh,” Sojin whispered. “You’re going to get us caught.”

 

She slowly let go of Yura, making sure to keep an eye on her before the girl made any rash decisions.

 

“When I get my hands on that little—”

 

Sojin shushed her again.

 

“Good job, Nacho! Now drop it in the bag, just like that. Who’s a good girl?”

 

Hyeri started to walk out to the living room. “Hey, I got the stuff...no worries, I used the dogs...mhmm…”

 

“I can’t hear her anymore,” Sojin muttered as she pressed her ear closer to the door. “Is she on the phone?”

 

Yura moved to do the same when she lost her footing.

 

It all happened so fast.

 

She jerked her arms around, trying to regain her balance on something before she fell on her face.

 

Yura grabbed the door handle.

 

CRASH BOOM BANG

 

Hyeri came running back to Sojin’s room with her phone still in hand.

 

“I knew someone was in there! Explain yourselves, weirdos!”

 

Sojin jumped to her feet first, accidentally kicking Yura’s stomach in the process. “You’re the weirdo! What were you doing in my room with those dense dogs?!”

 

“That’s not very nice,” Yura groaned from the floor.

 

Hyeri crossed her arms. “I don't need to explain myself when you were obviously spying on a private matter.”

 

“This is my room,” Sojin argued back. “So tell me exactly what you’re doing with my bowling glove.”

 

“I said I’m not telling—”

 

The front door opened at that moment, bringing in Minah who casually walked into the apartment.

 

“Hyeri-ah, I’m here to pick up the glove!” she singsonged.

 

Minah stopped at the doorway of Sojin’s room when three pairs of eyes widened at her presence.

 

“Oh, hi unnies.”

 

Sojin furrowed her eyebrows. “What are you…”

 

Everything clicked.

 

The leader stabbed a finger at Minah. “You’re trying to sabotage my bowling gear so that you can steal my 3rd place ranking!”

 

“And I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for your observation skills!” Minah exclaimed, shaking her fist angrily.

 

Sojin shook her head and sighed.

 

Ignoring the younger girl, Sojin suggested they all go bowling to compete for the rankings in the group again. “It’s been awhile since we’ve bowled together. You can even borrow my glove, Minah.”

 

Her face lit up. “Aw thanks unn—”

 

“—I’ll beat you anyway.”

 

Minah went back to seething and pouting at the older.

 

“Sounds fun. Let me just feed the puppies first,” Yura interjected, gingerly getting on her feet with Hyeri’s help.

 

The girls moved to the living room as Yura rummaged through the storage room to bring an insanely large bag of dog food out to the kitchen.

 

Pepper sauntered over to the dog bowl first while Nacho drowsily laid on the couch.

 

They all watched as the black dog munched happily on her puppy chow.

 

Yura pulled out her phone. “This is too cute. I need to put it on my Instagram.”

 

“Pepper,” she called to grab the dog’s attention. “Say woof!”

 

Minah forgot about her temper tantrum as she crouched down to Pepper’s level and petted the puppy.

 

“You spilled food all over the floor! Look at the crumbs on your face, pabo-yah.”

 

“Reminds you of a certain someone, huh?” Hyeri teased, laughing with the other beagles at the red-faced leader.

 
“Why you little—”

 


 

No 2016 comeback. Might as well just call them Bowling's Day...