Not Who You Think She Is

Not Who You Think She Is

“Irene is so flawless. I don’t think she’s ever had a bad hair day in her life.” Two girls were gushing over Irene, who was sitting primly in her seat like a princess.

 

“Please.” Wendy said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

 

Irene was not flawless, and she certainly didn’t wake up like that in the morning.

 

Wendy would know, because she just got out of Irene’s bed this morning.

 

“Babe, wake up.”

 

Snoring like a car engine, the ‘flawless’ Irene was dead asleep with her bed hair spread out like a tangled mop on the pillow.

 

“We have to get ready for class.” Wendy cautioned, but her sleepyhead of a girlfriend was completely knocked out. Feeling playful, Wendy gently pinched Irene’s nose and covered the girl’s drooling mouth with her palm.

 

“Kkuk kkuk.“ Irene’s eyes shot open, a cue for Wendy to remove her hands and feign innocence as Irene gasped for air.

 

“What’s wrong, Joohyun?” Wendy smiled when Irene pressed her slightly shaken body and face into Wendy’s chest.

 

“You’re so mean. I just wanted a few more minutes of sleep.” Irene mumbled, slowly falling back to sleep with steady breathing as Wendy sighed and patted down the bird nest that was Irene’s hair.

 

“Irene is so smart! Did you know she got a 94 on the last math exam? Maybe I should ask her to tutor me.”

 

Wendy noticed Irene’s body shift a bit and what sounded like a soft scoff—the perks of sitting behind her girlfriend.

 

There was a silent agreement between them: Irene at math, so there's no point in asking.

 

“I don’t get it! Why do we need to know the derivative of anything? This is not going to be useful in the real world!” Irene shoved her textbook off the bed and huffed like an annoyed little kitten.

 

“Okay, calm down.” Wendy reached down to pick up the innocent book and smoothed out the page creases. “Even if it’s not important in our everyday life, you still need to know it to pass the test. Now, start over and do the problems again. You only got one question right, Joohyun.” Wendy said in a I’m-so-good-at-math-so-do-as-I-say tone.

 

“Math snob.” Irene murmured under her breath as she furiously erased her answers and redid them with the help of Wendy’s guidance.

 

“Irene is really nice. I hear she gives out free ice cream sometimes.”

 

Wendy shuddered at the statement. It could not be so off. Irene doesn’t give anything for free.

 

“Seungwan, there’s a new flavor of ice cream that just came out.”

 

“Really?” Wendy hopped up and down, scanning across the row of ice cream flavors and stopped on the one labeled rose-flavored. “That looks so good. Can I have some?”

 

“Sure.” Irene shrugged with a glint in her devious eyes. “But it’ll cost you.”

 

“Yes, of course.” Wendy pulled out her wallet, only to find dust inside. No money equals no new rose-flavored ice cream.

 

Irene laughed, seeing her girlfriend’s crestfallen face. “You don’t have to pay. In cash.”

 

“W-What do you want in return? Why can’t I just have it for free instead, Joohyun?” Wendy gulped loudly as Irene grabbed her wrist and pulled her behind the counter.

 

“Things in life are never free, babe.” Irene grabbed the girl’s waist, making her squeak in surprise. “So payment first, then I’ll give you whatever flavor ice cream you want.”

 

Wendy didn’t stand a chance. No one was there to save her because it was closing time and it was just the two of them. That night, she learned to always have money with her if she wanted ice cream.

 

“Irene doesn’t have a mean bone in her body. She’s always smiling and polite. Can someone be this perfect? Ugh, I’m so jealous of her. Do you think Irene ever gets jealous? Probably not.”

 

Polite?! No mean bone in her body?! Never jealous?!

 

Wendy pressed her forehead against her desk to cover her fit of giggles.

 

“I saw you talking with Seulgi at lunch.”

 

Wendy noticed the coldness in Irene’s tone, but shook it off. “Mhm. She was showing me her Pokemon collection. It was awesome.” She gushed excitedly.

 

“Awesome? Did it become awesome when she hugged you or when you laughed in her damn revealing top?! Huh, Seungwan?! Which part was awesome, ‘cause I really wanna know!”

 

“Uhh…” Wendy took a step back to avoid the anger that was rolling off of Irene’s body. “Are you okay?”

 

“Duh. Why wouldn’t I be? It’s not like my own girlfriend just ditched me at lunch so she can flirt with another girl for everyone to see.”

 

“I didn’t ditch you.” Wendy’s head was down. “I told you I was just going to be gone for a few minutes, then I came right back.”

 

“After you were done flirting with her!” Irene fisted her hands, wanting to punch a goddamn wall. “I sat alone, watching my own girlfriend be all chummy with some pretty chick.”

 

“Seulgi’s just a friend! I would never flirt with anyone but you, Joohyun.”

 

“I’m still going to kill her.” Irene threatened, but Wendy knew it was an empty threat because even if Irene gets jealous easily and makes threats, it’s all just talk.

 

“No, you’re not. Now let’s kiss and make up already.” Wendy ordered, fuming Irene’s annoyance.

 

Before Irene can say, ‘go kiss a toilet, you jerk’ Wendy’s lips were already claiming possession, which Irene was now totally fine with.

 

“You think Irene’s single?”

 

“Well, she’s always hanging around that Wendy girl. But I think they’re just friends so most likely, she’s available.”

 

Seconds later, Wendy’s chair screeched against the floor, catching the entire class’s attention. She casually walked until she was standing right in front of Irene’s desk.

 

Irene looked up in surprise. "Wendy, what are you--"

 

“Joohyun, you’re mine.” Wendy cupped Irene’s blushing cheeks before planting a soft kiss to her lips. “And I love you.” She mumbled softly.

 

“S-Seungwan.” Irene let out a shaky breath, which made Wendy smirk with arrogance because she was the only one that could make Irene tremble like this.

 

“Hm?”

 

“I love you too.” Irene smiled shyly, and this time she initiated the kiss.

 

So, no, Irene was not available, because she was all Wendy’s. 


 

Oooh, this is my first time writing about anything besides TaeNy. I hope you guys enjoyed it :) It was fun to write hehe