page one

Nonsensical Dream

Jin rubbed his weary eyes when he realized that an indirect source of light washed his face. He sat up and began to stretch. But for the life of him, he felt bound to something he was wearing.

He was wearing a bright red cheongsam.

He frowned, not remembering when he wore that Chinese dress. He looked about and saw too that he wasn't in his room.

He was sleeping under a cherry tree in bloom, but the weather looked like in the middle of summer.

"This is odd. This is definitely odd." 

Suddenly, he shrieked. He was also wearing red flats embroidered with golden dragon and floral patterns.

"What in the world???!!"

"Ah, you must also consider looking at yourself in the mirror," a voice remarked. Jin then turned to the source of said voice.

Beside a pool of greenish water was a scruffy, thin, lethargic cat. It was wearing a beanie with the word SWAG embroidered on it.

"If I may ask, Mr. Cat, what place is this?" Jin asked as he stood up while trying to dust the grass off his dress.

The cat began to beatbox and rap, telling Jin all he needed to know.

"Dreamland is where you are/ not the best place by far/ In the afternoon while you sleep/ Memories of you, I keep/ While I watch the world turn/ your ears I shall burn/ to my useless melody/ but I charge a fee."

Jin was furious. "I just asked you where I am right now. I didn't ask to listen to you rap."

The cat began to b-boy. "Min Yoongi's the name, my friend. But doing this is laifu!"

Jin heaved a sigh as he tried looking for a pocket or purse in his dress. Suddenly, he felt like he was exposed. He turned to see himself in still air. His back was exposed because his cheongsam would not zipper up. He had broad shoulders. Moreover, he saw that he was wearing on makeup (with red lipstick to boot) and had hair clips to complete the look.

"Well, someone's probably having fun making me look like a doll. Well, I'm a man, and I shouldn't look like this! Hideous!"

Yoongi chuckled. "No can do, my friend. While your at it, why don't we go visit some friends in Lala-land?"

Lala-land? So, this is just basically a dream? Jin thought. But the tightness of the cheongsam felt so real.

"Well, I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Gaja."