The Time Jungkook's Sundays are Taken Over

What I Want Isn't on the Menu (It's You)

Two weeks later, Jimin seems to have decided to take a liking to their couch in the spot right beside Yoongi, and Jungkook doesn’t know how he feels about it. Jimin is over all the time now, sometimes coming over when he’s still in his work uniform to whine about how busy the day was and cling to Yoongi until the older pays him some attention. Jungkook isn’t jealous of Yoongi. He’s not. But he does sometimes get the urge to throw things in the older man’s general direction whenever he sees the two of them together. He did once, after Jimin got up to get a drink, and Yoongi chased him into his room and banged on the door, yelling profanities until Jimin talked him into walking away and made Jungkook even more not-jealous. After that, Jungkook just started moping around in Taehyung’s room to avoid Yoongi’s wrath and distract himself from the way the angel that was Park Jimin cuddled up to Satan’s (Yoongi’s, Jungkook was a bit dramatic) arm in their living room.

But there is something that takes Jimin away from Yoongi, and Jungkook doesn’t know whether it’s fortunate or unfortunate that Taehyung lives up to his promise to take Jimin and Jungkook out with him on Sundays to cure Jungkook’s boredom. The first Sunday after meeting Jimin, Jungkook is dragged out of bed at the crack of dawn by an over-excited Taehyung, who is wearing one of Jungkook’s basketball jerseys and grinning. Jungkook lets Taehyung dress him, too tired to care about what the other would make him look like, and is half asleep until his eyes land on a disheveled and tired-looking Jimin sitting on their couch, eyes blinking sleepily up at them when they walk in. Turns out, Taehyung had decided they would go eat a nice breakfast, go shopping because all three of them were suffering from a lack of socks and underwear, and then take them to the basketball game happening that evening after they ate lunch. With that, Jungkook’s Sundays soon turn into “hang out with Taehyung and Jimin” days, and Jungkook becomes more and more accustomed to Taehyung and sometimes Jimin bursting into his room demanding he get ready and go somewhere with them (he doesn’t get used to Jimin climbing on top of him to wake him up though; he’d almost had a heart attack last time it happened).

By the time a month has gone by, Jungkook finds himself almost wishing he could be bored. Between classes, homework, visiting Seokjin (and Jimin) at work about once a week (because yes, it was necessary), and working his own job at the campus bookstore, Jungkook was beginning to get more and more open to the idea of sleeping all day again. So when Taehyung tells him that he’s going to be away for the weekend, Jungkook mentally thanks all the gods and goddesses he can name off the top of his head for this unexpected and much needed break. He tries his best to look sad or disappointed when Taehyung informs him, because the older of the two acts like it’s the worst thing that could ever happen, but inside, the plans about how his Sunday would go this weekend were already being made.

As soon as Taehyung steps out of the door, Jungkook turns on his heel and practically runs to his bedroom, almost tripping over the shoes that had been laying in the hallway almost since they’d started living there in his hurry. Seconds after slamming his door closed, he flops face-first into fluffy heaven and breathes a sigh of relief.

“You and me, pillow,” he whispers, rubbing the slightly frayed edge of the pillowcase, “we have a date tonight and all day tomorrow. And if things go the way I have planned, I’ll stay with you until I have to get up Monday.” He doesn’t even lift his face from the pillow as he shimmies under the sheets, shifting deeper into a warm blanket burrito as he drifts off to sleep.

Outside his door, Yoongi rubs his temples and wonders whether he’s actually sharing a place with three insane people instead of his initial count of two.

 

-

 

Jungkook’s day of sleep is interrupted (rather rudely, he thinks) by Hoseok at 10:00 the following morning. His door bursts open and he opens his eyes to see Hoseok grinning only centimeters from his face. For a single second, he wonders if this is a nightmare. And then Hoseok is dragging him from his castle of warmth, yelling something about practicing a new dance, and Jungkook realizes that it’s something much worse: reality. Within ten minutes, Hoseok has Jungkook dressed in his dancing clothes, and drags him to the couch, where he throws the younger’s shoes at him and tells him to tie them while he goes to grab them water bottles. Jungkook fumbles with his shoelaces, trying in vain to blink away the sleep from his eyes so he can see properly, his mouth stinging with the sharp taste of mint from his toothpaste. The cold plastic hitting his neck does the job his eyes couldn’t, though, waking him up as he yelps and slides all the way off the couch in an attempt to get away from the offending item. Hoseok doubles over laughing, only to shut up seconds later when Yoongi throws one of the mysterious hallway shoes at him and tells him to get the out of the house or shut up before he strangles someone. Grumbling something about grandpas and ing boring housemates, Hoseok reaches down to pull a still-confused Jungkook off the ground and pushes him towards the door. It takes a second for the youngest to remember how to use his feet, but afterwards he gets he idea and stops leaning back on Hoseok, stumbling out the door and following Hoseok down to his car. It’s only when he’s sitting in Hoseok’s passenger seat with his seatbelt buckled that he comes to his senses completely (okay, maybe not completely, as it takes a good thirty minutes for him to wake up, but enough to make him realize he’s being kidnapped by his housemate).

“What the actual , hyung.”

“Good morning to you too, Kookie,” Hoseok doesn’t skip a beat, already backing out of the parking spot so Jungkook has no chance to escape.

“Where are you taking me? Why did you have to wake me up on my day off the take me? And before noon, on top of that,” Jungkook slides down into his seat, glaring at the dashboard with all the ferocity of a kitten.

“We’re going to do some dance practice, because Taehyung has been kidnapping you every other Sunday and our dancing skills are going to get rusty if we don’t practice soon.” He has a point, Jungkook knows they both need to practice. He can feel how much he’ll need to stretch before dancing to try not to be stiff. But that doesn’t mean he’s not angry about having to wake up on his planned rest day. “Oh, and I invited Jimin to join us, so he’ll probably be waiting when we get there.” Wait. Hold up a second.

“Uh,” Jungkook says eloquently. He figures he’s making one of his “unhandsome faces”, as Seokjin calls them, but he can’t help staring at Hoseok like he’s just sprouted three heads and told him he got pregnant.

“Are you alright with that? I mean, you guys seem pretty close, so I figured you wouldn’t mind if I invited him, but…”

“I, um, no, we’re close. It’s okay. I just. Didn’t know he danced?” It’s true, in Jungkook’s defense. Half of his surprise had been just for that reason. The other half had been because a) he’s never expected anyone other than Hoseok and Taehyung to see him dance, and b) he’s never expected to have to see Jimin dance. And , just thinking about that was making him lightheaded. Sweat soaking through Jimin’s shirt, making it cling to his frame, maybe even making him take it off. Jimin’s thighs flexing as he moves, eyes dark and focused. And if Jimin is actually good? Jungkook might just cease to exist right then and there.

“Okay?” Hoseok side eyes him and gives him a strange look, but doesn’t push it, deciding to ramble about the songs he chose for them to dance to instead. Jungkook finds a spot on the dashboard and stares at it, contemplating his life choices and drowning out Hoseok’s chatter, concentrating so hard that he doesn’t even realize that they’ve arrived at their destination until Hoseok opens his door and the wind blows a strand of hair into his vision. He quickly snaps out of it and climbs out of the car, finally looking down at his clothes as he shuts the car door. It’s nothing out of the ordinary to what he usually wears to dance, thankfully. A black hoodie over a black and red tank top, a pair of black joggers, and the shoes he’d bought specifically for dancing. He isn’t surprised that Hoseok at least dressed him in normal clothes, but he’d gotten into the habit of checking just in case whenever Taehyung dressed him, because there was no telling what he’d be wearing then. One time there had been some weird dinosaur hoodie…

“Jungkook!” Jimin is standing in front of him, and the man in question takes a step back, blinking and trying to bring himself back to earth. Really, he wasn’t for sure whether or not he was still dreaming. “Are you just going to stand there spacing off, or are we going to go in and dance?” Jimin giggles and links his arm through Jungkook’s, not giving the younger any time to protest or speak before he’s dragging him off towards the entrance doors that Hoseok had already disappeared into. “Why are you so sleepy, Kookie? It’s almost 11:00.”

“I just woke up,” Jungkook manages to grumble, focusing on walking fast enough to keep up with Jimin’s bounce. “Anyone would be sleepy in my position.”

“I woke up at 10:00 too, silly.” Jimin’s smile is wide and playful, and Jungkook wrinkles his nose and flicks him lightly in the forehead.

“Yeah, well, you’re inhuman or something. Any normal person would be tired right now.” Hoseok is waiting for them, shifting from foot to foot and checking his watch as they approach.

“Come on, you two. We only have about two hours in here, we need to make it count.” Jimin salutes and beams, eyes almost disappearing behind the brightness of the smile. Jungkook thinks he needs a moment to regroup himself because everything Jimin does is way too cute and his heart is starting to jump around a lot in his chest.

“Aye aye, captain!” Hoseok just rolls his eyes and tells them to follow him, swinging a room key on his finger as he walks. Their room is just past the main door, and Hoseok locks the door behind them after they enter while Jungkook manages to disentangle himself from Jimin and stretch his arms out over his head, yawning widely. Suddenly, there’s something cold and wet on the back of his neck again, and he squeaks and spins around faster than he thought he would be capable of this soon after waking up.

“Hoseok-hyung, was that absolutely ing necessary? That makes it two times in the past 30 minutes!”

“Well, you’re awake now, aren’t you? So I found something that works,” Hoseok’s smile is absolutely infuriating. “Now come over here and let me show you these leg stretches that I’ve been doing. They loosen me up really well and maybe they’ll work for you too. Get the stick out of your .” It’s pointless to argue with Hoseok, but Jungkook still grumbles that there is no stick as he trudges over to the spot Hoseok is indicating and lets the older of the two manhandle him around.

 

-

 

An hour later, Jungkook isn’t sure whether to thank Hoseok for inviting Jimin to dance with them or tell Yoongi that Hoseok was the one who ate the last slice of pizza the eldest had been saving for his lunch, as punishment for dragging Jungkook out of bed and making him watch Jimin dance when Jungkook was not ready for the sight in the slightest. It turned out that Jimin wasn’t just good at dancing, he was great at dancing. And Jungkook had to struggle through the entire practice to make sure his jaw wasn’t open and he wasn’t drooling or something equally disgusting that would make Jimin never want to speak to him again. Normally, Jungkook could dance for hours and not even notice the time or stop to do more than take a sip of water, but this time he’s stumbling to the side to sit after only an hour has passed. He lets his body slump against the cool wall, watching as Jimin and Hoseok wrestle playfully over who gets the coldest water bottle, and wonders how he’ll ever be able to get the image of Jimin body rolling out of his mind. He feels ridiculous, like a middle school kid with their first ever crush, and he groans and massages with forehead and temples, leaning forward with his head supported in his hands, frustrated with himself. Jimin probably thought of him as nothing more than a friend and here he was being weird and if he kept not being able to act normal around Jimin, the other would eventually notice and end their friendship forever.

“You alright, Kookie?” Something cool and wet presses against Jungkook’s hand, but he doesn’t even flinch this time, sitting back and sighing as he takes the water bottle from Hoseok’s hand. After taking a long drink, he rests his elbows on his knees and glances over at Jimin.

“I’m good, hyung, just frustrated that I haven’t been able to practice in a while so my body is a bit stiff.” He’s not technically lying. He really did mess up on a few parts when they were dancing because he was out of practice. Hoseok seems to buy his explanation, though, and sits beside him, gesturing for Jimin to join them on the bench as he leans back.

“Don’t beat yourself up too hard. Practice makes perfect, right? Next Sunday I’ll convince Taehyung come with us. Maybe Friday night we’ll go out dancing or something. You’re still good, Kookie, you don’t have to worry about anything.” Hoseok grins and ruffles his hair affectionately, lips stretched wide, before he takes another sip of his water, bringing his arm down to rest around Jungkook’s shoulders. The older is sweaty, but Jungkook doesn’t push him off, because it’s been a while since Hoseok has actually acted like a caring hyung to him and he rather likes having all the attention, since Taehyung isn’t there for Hoseok to coo over.

“I agree with him. You’re really good, Jungkook!” Jimin leans over so that he can see Jungkook, smiling encouragingly. Jungkook stares at him for a second, mouth open a bit, before looking back down at the floor when he feels his cheeks get hot.

“You think so? You’re really good too, Jimin-hyung.” Jimin giggles a thank you, and then Hoseok is checking the clock and telling them they need to get going. As they stand, Jungkook catches Hoseok side-eying him with a small smirk gracing his lips, like he’s finally figured something out. A smirk is never a good sign when it pertains to Hoseok, and Jungkook shudders as he picks up his earlier-discarded hoodie from the floor and throws it over his shoulder, not wanting to think about what it could mean. If Hoseok found out about his crush, the results could only be catastrophic, and Jungkook rather likes the little bit of dignity he still has left. Hoseok is already at the door, impatient as always, when Jungkook finishes pulling on his hoodie and making sure his hair looks presentable in the mirrors mounted on one wall. As he steps to join Hoseok, who looks like he’s about to just leave them there, Jimin suddenly appears at his side.

“Jungkookie!” Jimin loops his arm through Jungkook’s, pulling him close and making Jungkook’s heart stutter in his chest. His wide smile almost blinds Jungkook, and he’s close enough for Jungkook to think he smells like happiness (“Sweat,” Yoongi would later deadpan, “What you were smelling was sweat, you hopeless ing romantic). “I want ice cream! Do you want to come get ice cream with me?” Jungkook had been trying to keep his features as neutral as he could, but Jimin’s smiles are contagious, and he finds himself smiling back, the sides of his lips lifting without his permission.

“Well,” he looks at Hoseok, who’ve they now met at the door, and then back down at Jimin, who is looking at him with wide, hopeful eyes (he pulled out the puppy dog eyes, oh god, Jungkook was going to get ice cream whether he wanted to or not. “Yeah, ice cream sounds good.” Jimin bounces happily, eyes disappearing as his smile gets even wider.

“So much for losing weight from this practice, right?” Hoseok’s tone is teasing, and Jimin sticks out his tongue at the older male, still arm-in-arm with Jungkook.

“One thing of ice cream won’t hurt, hyung. Plus, we earned it! Do you want to come too?” Hoseok shakes his head, leading them out of the room and shutting the door behind them.

“Nah, I have some work I need to do. You can take Jungkook if you promise to return him before midnight. He’s hell on Monday mornings if he doesn’t get enough sleep the night before.” Jungkook glares at him, discreetly flipping him the bird as he steps away to return the room key. Much to his disappointment, Hoseok just laughs at him, and then Jimin is tugging him out the doors and towards his car, chattering about his favorite ice cream place and how many flavors they had. Anger forgotten, Jungkook swallows, glances down at him, and wonders if Jimin would be able to see just how much Jungkook loves him if he were to look up and see the adoration Jungkook is sure is written all over his face. 


Ew at my own cheesy ending. Please Forgive Me.