005

When I Was Your Man

🔸🔸🔸

 

“I know it's last minute Kyungsoo so if you can't-”

 

“Hey this is what I signed up for!” Kyungsoo smiled. “It’s alright Ji, I can get it done in time and it’ll look awesome.”

 

“Thank you thank you thank you sooo much Soo! I’ll talk to you later!” JiHwa hung up her phone and sighed happily.

 

“Did you just get off the phone with the boyfriend to be that happy?” YoungMi teased.

 

“Junmyeon is not my boyfriend!”

 

“I didn't say a name.” She smirked.

 

“You're mean.”

 

“I’m trying to help you realize your feelings.” YoungMi shrugged. “The poor guy confessed and all you can do is work.”

 

“YoungMi you know as well as I do this is how my life is now. There’s no boss to ask for time off. I am my boss!” JiHwa said frustrated.

 

“You need a day off.” YoungMi nodded.

 

“Wait what?” JiHwa exclaimed not realizing her friend got her out of her office chair and led her outside.

 

“Take a walk and relax! You can come back after 30 minutes.” She smiled. “Have fun~”

 

JiHwa shook her head at Mi’s actions but she did need a break.

Staring at papers and phones all day was not healthy.

She closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath but bumped into someone.

 

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!” JiHwa’s eyes popped open.

 

“Hey JiHwa.”

 

“Oh hey Junmyeon!” She smiled in relief.

 

“You ok? You took quite the hit from me.” He checked her face to see if there were visible injuries.

 

“Oh no I’m fine.” JiHwa shook her head but then got dizzy again. “Whoa…”

 

“Hey hey ok let's get you to a bench.”

 

They sat and Jihwa took a couple deep breaths.

 

“Seems like you’ve been busy lately?” Junmyeon pointed out.

 

“Every season is wedding season.” Jihwa chuckled. She knew this was how it was going to be for the rest of her life. “Why do you still hang out with me?” She gained the courage to ask.

 

“Well… you’re interesting. I mean we are practically the same age and you plan events. And not just any event, but weddings!”

 

“I mean I guess. I just do what I love. Well right now doesn't seem as enjoyable.”

 

“How many weddings do you have within the next couple months?”

 

“‘Mm, between 5-10.”

 

“That's awesome!”

 

“But there’s no down time for us to hang out!” JiHwa pouted looking at her lap.

 

“We’ll just find time in between.” Junmyeon shrugged. “I’m sure you take coffee breaks, lunch breaks… sleep breaks?”

 

JiHwa chuckled. “If I didn't take those breaks, I’d be dead right now.”

 

He laughed along. “I know. It’s just nice to see you relax.” He admitted, leaning back into the bench. “But really even if it’s 5 minutes, at least we can hang out.”

 

“You like being around me that much? Even if it’s only for 5 minutes?” JiHwa had a hard time wrapping that around her head.

 

“It’s just refreshing. Most girls work dainty jobs or in an office. Your work takes you places. You create things… I don't know it just amazes me.”

 

“Mmm don't make me blush.”

 

“Didn't mean to.” Junmyeon grinned. “But it’s true.”

 

A silence engulfed them, but they rather enjoyed it.

Just being in each others presence.

It had been awhile since both had gotten comfortable around the opposite gender like this so it was something to relish in.