004

When I Was Your Man

🔸🔸🔸

 

It was a nice day, so Kris and Junmyeon were outside talking a bit.

 

“I never thought you’d take interest in another girl after TaeYoo.” Kris mentioned.

 

“Well I like being around JiHwa but that doesn't mean I can't do things solo like I planned.” Junmyeon shrugs.

 

The elder scoffed. “Oh please, you're wrapped around JiHwa’s little finger.”

 

“Am not.”

 

“If I were to tell you she had plans with Kyungsoo how would you feel?” Kris raised his eyebrow.

 

Junmyeon internally prayed Kris was just creating a scenario.

 

“She has her own life.” He shrugged.

 

“Alright then, don't be shocked if Kyungsoo asking about his outfit.” Kris pat Junmyeon’s shoulder and left.

 

Wait they’re really meeting up?? Junmyeon panicked.

 

“Hyung!” Kyungsoo called with a smile. “Which will JiHwa like better: button up with slacks or tee shirt with jeans?”

 

Either really, Junmyeon said mentally. He was still in shock with the fact that his friends had plans together that neither told him about. “Either.” He finally answered.

 

“Oh sweet thanks!”

 

But before the big eyed boy could leave Junmyeon asked. “So you’re really meeting up with JiHwa?”

 

“Yeah why?”

 

“Uhm nothing just curious.” Junmyeon lied.

 

“Oh well then I’m going to go change. See you later hyung!”

 

A tired JiHwa took her eyes off the computer in front her and rested her forehead on her palms with a sigh.

 

“Sounds like someone could use some fresh air.”

 

JiHwa looked up and smiled. “Hey Kyungsoo.”

 

“And coffee if you want.” He pulled out a drink tray from behind him with a heart shaped smile.

 

“Ugh you are a lifesaver!” JiHwa got up and walked him to at an outside lounge area.

 

She inhaled deep and smiled with an exhale. “I did need this. Thanks.” She looked to the boy and took a cup of coffee.

 

“What are they doing?” Junmyeon beat himself up while he laid on his bed.

 

“Why don't you just call or text one of them?” Kai suggested.

 

Time flew for JiHwa and Kyungsoo and before they knew it, it was late afternoon.

 

“I’m sorry to have taken you away from work.” Kyungsoo apologized.

 

“I already told you it was no problem. I try to step outside at some part of the day anyway, so it worked.” She smiled.

 

Then her phone buzzed.

 

“Oh?” She looked at the ID. “Junmyeon?” She wondered out loud.

 

📲

 

I heard you were meeting with Kyungsoo. Is everything alright?

 

📲

 

She giggled then told Kyungsoo. “Your hyung is worried about us.” She smiled. “Maybe I should let you get home before he worries more.”

 

“I’m pretty sure it's not me he’s worried about.” Kyungsoo mumbled holding a grin.

 

“Hmm? What was that?” JiHwa looked at the boy apologetically since she was responding to Junmyeon.

 

“Nothing!” Kyungsoo smiled widely.

 

Junmyeon tapped his phone with impatience as he waited for a reply.

 

📲

 

*ding*

 

📲


 

He unlocked his phone at record speed.

 

📲

 

Don't worry your dongsaeng is coming back shortly.

We just talked more than we planned :)

 

📲

 

 

He looked at his phone confused.

 

Why were they talking? What did they talk about? Does Kyungsoo like JiHwa? Am I not the only one who likes to hang out with her? Wait why am I even freaking out about this?!

 

Junmyeon put his phone down and shook his head.

 

“You fell huh hyung?” Jongin asked with a smirk.

 

“What are you talking about?” The older asked confused.

 

“Ahh. So dense.” Jongin shook his head chuckling.

 

“I’m home!” Kyungsoo called to anyone listening.

 

He walked to his room when Junmyeon popped into the hallway.

 

“How was your… date with JiHwa?” He could finally see if Kyungsoo was interested.

 

“Oh it was more of a meeting. She wanted to partner with me for work.”

 

“Really?” So it wasn't based on feelings! Junmyeon cheered mentally.

 

“Yeah. She said she thanks you for recommending me in the first place.” Kyungsoo smiled. “So I’ll thank you too, for both of us.”

 

“I… never recommend you directly.” Junmyeon tapped his chin trying to recall.

 

“Oh she said I baked and somehow you gave her some and bragged about my little baking on the side. Worked out in both our favors I guess.” Kyungsoo sighed in content. “Well I will wash up and get dinner ready soon.” Junmyeon was then left in the hallway.

 

Junmyeon let out a sigh of relief the walked to his room again with high spirits.

 

“Have you gotten why I said you’re dense?” Kai asked not tearing his eyes away from his phone.

 

Junmyeon turned his head to look at the second to last maknae. “No actually.”


“You will, hyung. Soon enough.”