003

When I Was Your Man

🚺🚺🚺

 

My phone buzzed again and I opted not to look at it to avoid YoungMi’s teasing.

 

“Is that your boyfriend?” My best friend sang teasingly as she dropped onto the couch next to me.

 

“First of all he's not my boyfriend and second I wouldn't know because I haven't looked.” I answered smugly.

 

“Well then I guess I’ll just take a looksie~” YoungMi grabbed my phone off the coffee table before I could process what she said.

 

“YoungMi don't you dare say anything embarrassing!” I stretched to get my phone from her grasp.

 

“Aww your Junmyeonnie is asking if you’re free on Saturday!” YoungMi squealed.

 

“Seriously he is not mine Mimi!” I grunted reaching for my phone as she turned her back to me.

 

“Well if he isn't by Saturday night then that boy is seriously taking waaay too much time.” YoungMi handed me my phone with a smile.

 

“What did you…?” I looked at my phone to see she’d responded. I looked at her with disbelief. “What the- YoungMi! Why would you-?”

 

“Look, the poor guy's been talking to you for weeks now. Let him have a proper date with you!” YoungMi pouted. “I’m pretty sure he’ll confess Saturday. Just you wait.”

 

🚹🚹🚹

 

“She agreed.” I whispered to myself.

 

I honestly didn't think she’d agree to it.

We’d been in contact for a while but you had so many events lined up back to back, time was a luxury for her.

 

“Hey you ok?” Luhan pat my shoulder.

 

“Yeah yeah hyung I’m fine.” I nodded.

 

“Mm. Who’s JiHwa?” Luhan looked at the text sender.

 

“Just a friend.” I tried not to sound nervous at all.

 

“Oh that's the friend he’s been texting since the wedding he went to with TaeYoo noona!” Kai yelled from across the room.

 

“How do you-?” I started.

 

“You’re phone is extremely bright at night and I’ve seen some of her responses in the morning.” Kai smiled proudly.

 

“Nosy brat.” I shook my head.

 

“Well I hope your date goes well.” Lay encouraged.

 

“Thanks Yixing.” I nodded to him genuinely.

 

⏳⏳⏳

🔸🔸🔸

 

Saturday came much too quick for the two.

It was so nerve wrecking that they couldn't sleep the night before.

 

“Will you relax Ji it’s not like you don't talk to the guy.” YoungMi popped another cubed watermelon into .

 

“I know Mi it’s just… I don't know, I haven't been with a guy alone in a while. What if I’m super awkward?” JiHwa ranted.

 

“Oh my god do you not remember how you met?? Just be comfortable with him Ji and you’ll be fine!”

 

The boy's house wasn't any better.

 

“Hyung I won't let you leave the house looking like that.” Tao shook his head.

 

“I have to agree with the panda, I think you should change.” Kai nodded.

 

“What's wrong with what I’m wearing?” Junmyeon got nervous all of a sudden. “Is it hot in here?” He asked fanning himself.

 

“Geez hyung calm down! Just don't look so much like a nerd and wear something comfortable! Be yourself.” Sehun shook his head in frustration.

 

“Leave him alone he looks fine.” Kris hit the younger three. “As long as he's confident in how how he looks.” He smiled a little to the nervous mess of a guy standing before them.

 

Junmyeon sighed in relief. “Sorry guys it’s just that… it’s been so long since I’ve-”

 

“We know Junmyeon and don't freak out, you’re just hanging out. She probably won't call it a date if you don't.” Minseok pointed out.

 

“Alright then.” Junmyeon nodded as he grabbed his necessary belongings. “See you guys later!” He waved to his friends and left.

 

Soon Junmyeon and JiHwa were out walking what seemed to be aimlessly.

 

“So I do have a plan for today but I wanted to see what you preferred to do.” Junmyeon looked at the girl to his left.

 

“That's sweet of you.” JiHwa smiled. “Uhm well how about you let me know what you planned and I’ll let you know if I want to do it. Sound good?”

 

“Ok so the first thing that I’d like to do is eat. It's a little late for lunch but the guys were pestering me so much at home about today that I didn't get a chance to eat.”

 

“Aww I'm sorry.” JiHwa pouted.

 

“It’s alright. So in the area we have street vendors, a ramen place, and sushi. What sounds good?” He stopped and pointed in the directions of the places.

 

“Hmm,” JiHwa tapped her chin. Junmyeon laughed a little at her moment of thought. “To be honest, street food sounds really good-”

 

“Then let’s go!” Junmyeon grabbed her hand and sped walked away to a vendor.

 

From there they got food, that he payed for because ‘he was supposed to be the gentlemen’. His words, but JiHwa didn't mind.

Then they stepped into an arcade, only to find that Junmyeon had a knack for basketball, though he claimed not to have played since high school;

and that JiHwa was really good at playing guitar, which she totally backed up.

 

“I have an acoustic at home.” She smiled. “I remember hearing someone on the street playing and begged my parents to get me one.” She laughed.

 

“That must have been adorable.” Junmyeon smiled as they walked.

 

“What?”

 

“You using aegyo.” He glanced at her. “I mean I haven't known you long but it doesn't seem like you do it often.”

 

“There’s no one to do it on. Or else I would use it. Literally all the time.” JiHwa laughed. “People would hate me for it.”

 

“Hmm shall we see? Use it on me and see if I break.” Junmyeon stopped and made her face him.

 

She gave him a look then agreed.

She shook herself to loosen up and Junmyeon laughed at her silliness.

He began teasing her to egg her on.

 

“Are you warming up or stalling the fact that you can't-”

 

“Oppa~ can you get me that stuffed panda jebal~?” JiHwa made her eyes as big as she could, gave a little pout and changed her voice oh so slightly.

 

Needless to say Junmyeon was shocked.

The girl who talked about dealing with stupid wedding gown seamstresses was looking like the most innocent girl.

But that wasn't the kicker.

Oh no.

 

She had also grabbed his hand and pulled slightly on his sleeve.

 

Just like a little kid would to get the attention of any adult, this grown woman in front of him had held his hand so softly and tugged at his longsleeve just enough to melt his insides.

 

“I did not see that coming.” Junmyeon uttered.

 

“Did that good huh?” A smug JiHwa replied.

 

“Yeah but I like the JiHwa I know better.”

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Mm.

 

“And what is she like? The JiHwa you know?”

 

“She seems independent. Can hold her own. But can lean on a friend if she’s given the chance.” Junmyeon thought out loud.

 

“She sounds nice.” JiHwa smiled.

 

“She’s also a huge dork.” He smiled back. JiHwa slapped his arm as he laughed. “But that's why I like her.”

 

 


 

notssyQuXj0F9IlXNJAZ1-mVwxWs5lnrMHn5rAXJ_S8mAyodRTPDpG3_yCtgNB_Vs-uF_KNnl1rbOhMYS3RM58H0ljVTSLkRzeTMn8w4DkOkfe-2uPygFlrC1LM4gn7x5kq4_gHV
http://kbeat.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/41e78142-7309-4988-9dbe-36b23c7a9069_20141029194655813.jpg