Chapter 7

Double Agent

Sera stayed with Hyuna that night, along with the other days when they were not on duty. Weeks have past by, only drawing the two closer and closer.

 

The sky painted an orange canvas setting a tone of warmth and coziness. Both agents had their day off, spending their time together, in a small cafe on the rooftop of the tallest building across the Han River.

 

Sera stared at Hyuna's face. The sunlight was hitting her eyes making them brighter, a soft honey brown color, it made her seem more radiant. The wind casually blew the strands of her bangs making her fix it from time to time. Nature annoyed her, so she furrowed her brows and pouted her bottom lip.

 

She’s so cute.

 

"Is there something on my face?" Hyuna asked, as her eyes widen finding Sera idly glared at her. She nervously tried to whip the non-existing mark on her face.

"No, I just like staring at you." Sera laughed before she took a sip of her drink, still her eyes were lingering on Hyuna.

 

Hyuna’s eyes crinkled letting out a breathless laugh. gaped open in attempt to say something, but she was waiting for the right moment. The silence grew leaving the chatter of a couple of people in the background and the busy streets of Seoul.

 

 

 

“Come.” Hyuna said, taking Sera’s hand as she got up from her seat. “Let’s go look at the view!” Hyuna pointed her finger at the horizon. She turned her head to peek at Sera’s face, only to find parted open.

 

She didn’t say a word.

 

“Are you scared… of heights?” Hyuna asked finding the question to be ridiculous, knowing Sera is too brave for anything.

 

Sera nodded her head rapidly.

 

“So if we’re chasing someone on top of high buildings… you’re just going to leave me alone?” Hyuna arched her brow and raised her tone higher. She leaned on one side of her hip, waiting for a sound to escape .

 

Sera moved her eyes towards her.

 

No, I will never.

 

“That’s different, Hyuna.” Sera said in annoyance as she her teeth, tossing her words away.

 

Feeling defeated after the comment Hyuna made, Sera left her seat and took a couple of steps towards the edge of the building that was guarded with a glass barrier. As she got closer, her footsteps began to slow its pace, she tried to take a peek on what’s below the building. She hesitated. Being on an elevated level made her feel uneasy. It was almost as if she were balancing on beam thousands of feet away from the ground. She took a step back.

 

Hyuna was behind Sera. Noticing Sera’s footsteps stopped just before she could see anything, Hyuna quickly jogged towards her with her arms open hugging her back. The force tilted the couple forward making Sera shout her partner's name.

 

“Don’t worry, you’re safe.” Hyuna draws her arms around the smaller girl’s waist, then rested her chin on her shoulder.

 

Her laughter filled Sera’s ears.

 

Sera’s heart thuds frantically against her chest. She doesn’t know whether it was from the surprise attack from Hyuna or staring out in the open. She shut her eyes tight, not peeping a word or any sort of movement.

 

“Are you okay?” Hyuna asked, releasing her arms from Sera knowing that her body was frozen.

 

“I’m fine.” Sera took a glance at Hyuna on her side. She released an uneasy breath, then her eyes swiveled down to the floor.

 

Sorry I scared you like that… I didn’t know, it was that… horrifying.”

 

“It’s okay.” Sera shifted her gaze.

 

“I feel really stupid.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I was waiting for the right moment.”

 

“For what?”

 

“To confess to you.”

 

Sera lifts her head to Hyuna. The words echoed through her mind, blocking the sound around her except her rapid heartbeat and Hyuna’s voice.

 

“I really like you, Sera.” Hyuna stared at her for a while then looked at the sun trying to find the words she rehearsed repeatedly in her head. “I care about you a lot. And…” Her gazed focus back on the younger girl. “I can trust you with anything. I hope it's the same with you.”

 

A smile blossoms the younger girl’s face.

 

“I feel the same way, Hyuna.” Sera inched closer to Hyuna interlacing her fingers with hers. Her eyes glued to hers.

 

-
The rest of the night was filled with endless conversations about their past.

 

“Sera, do you sing?” Hyuna asked, turning herself around to spot Sera in front of her as she gave herself a tour around Sera’s rooms.

 

“A little.” She shrugged, moving past Hyuna to close the entrance of the room she deserted a long time ago.

 

“Well, this doesn’t look like a little. You have professional equipment here.” Hyuna placed her hand on the door from being shut.

 

“It was a dream I gave up awhile ago.”

 

“Could you sing for me?” Hyuna begged locking her eyes at Sera for a brief moment.

 

Sera bit her lip, staring at her microphone and piano. “Not right now.”

 

-

 

“You’re staying for the night aren’t you?” A singular brow quirked up on Sera’s face as she turned around walking backwards to her room.

 

“Is that okay with you?” Hyuna followed her footsteps purposely swaying her hips.

 

Only hearing a satisfying hum come from Sera mouth, Hyuna paused letting her eyes wandering Sera’s bedroom.

 

“Here.” Sera tossed a shirt at her after she closed her drawers.

 

Sera looked at her while she was changing and Hyuna could feel her eyes on her

 

Sera patted on the empty side of her bed, telling Hyuna to come over.

 

Sera feigned a surprise from the meeting of Hyuna’s mouth, she leaned back sinking herself into the mattress. Their body heat penetrated against each other bursting electrifying waves. Sera pulled away from the kiss, glancing up between the bangs of her hair, she studied the raven haired girl who sat between her legs. She watched Hyuna intently lean forward, willing to allow another kiss to be made, but Sera didn’t take the chance.

 

The older girl rubbed the palm of her hand against Sera’s shoulder in uneven circles. She resisted the urge to smile, blantly being stubborn. Her gaze followed Sera’s fingers as they brushed against her arm, teasing her with the slightest touch. Reaching out to boop her nose, Hyuna softly escaped a giggle. She placed both of her hands on each side of her partner’s face. Quickly, giving her a peck on the lips, before she settled herself comfortably on Sera’s side.

 

A gentle hand combs through Hyuna’s hair. The two tangled their legs together, savoring the silence of each other’s company. Until Sera began faintly humming a song, then turned to be singing.

 

Drowsiness was closing in on Hyuna. She fought to stay awake to hear her sing. Her voice was light, and it was lifting off the invisible weight on Hyuna’s shoulders.

 

Fingertips grazed over her sleepy partner’s face, tracing her jawline, lips and nose. Sera noticed Hyuna wrinkle her face when she faintly touched her nose. A soft chuckle escaped Sera’s lips, still idly staring at her.

 

“So, are we official?” Hyuna asked sheepishly.

 

“Yeah, we are.” Sera replied chuckling into a smile, then pressed a kiss on the crown of Hyuna’s head.