One Shot (1)

GyuHan/MinHan Collection

A/N: Sort of Semi AU, only because it's not really happening now, situation is much angst but the fluff between the boys balanced it out. I am not new to fanfic sites but way too lazy to actually write anything so I don't really know how the backend side works. Any mistakes, in language or formatting, sorry, I'm only human. Any questions feel free to ask cos I am fully aware that I have yet to discover how to properly express myself in words to other people because in my head it makes perfect sense. Enough of this, enjoy. 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

They have been walking for hours. The heat of the sun glaring on their backs. Although the heat is very much welcomed after several days of constant rain, at least now they're dry. Around them there are more people. It wasn't eerily quiet but everyone seemed... lost. For days they have been walking to god knows where, why are they walking, no one seemed to know. The ones who have given up has never joined the group, no one knows what happened to them. After days of walking endlessly, all misery, panic, and instinct died down and made way to the ultimate truth; they are doomed.

Funny if someone think back, that just last week everything was normal, as normal as anything can be. Then the disaster happened, that lead to another, and another. Some didn't make it; those that are lucky enough to not experience any more of this misery. It doesn't seem to hit everywhere in the world but of course, major cities had it worse. Because of all the wonders of technology; they never really mix well with nature, and thus becoming a weapon of their own in trying to established back the balance of the world. Before one thinks this is alien invasion, please, we have always have a bigger thing to worry about than the unknown, possible monster-look-alike life that is set to ruined earth. Mother nature is enough force as it is, and we're only alive now because she hasn't decide to kill us yet. That's exactly what has happened. One natural disasters after another, and unlike alien invasion, something they cannot fight against or even be prepared for the next attack. The best is to wait out for as long as one is able to.

Jeonghan looked around, at the people they're walking with, some are by themselves, some holding on tightly to a crying loved ones, those with children looked even more lost, and children in their innocence still have a smile on their face. Jeonghan feels a small smile on his face after witnessing a child that found a lizard on the dry road, running off to tell his parents. Ah, to be a kid without worry, he wishes he were one.

Looking down at his hand, his is grabbed tightly with another, almost as if the person is afraid that he would let go and never came back. Jeonghan's eyes trailed up the muscular arm, the arm that has spent hours holding him closed, making him feel protected and safe from all the worries of the world. Even with all these things happening around them, Mingyu still looked every bit the good looking guy he's supposed to be. 'He looked so determined', Jeonghan thought to himself, as expected of mighty Mingyu that does everything, even more so when it concerns Jeonghan. Jeonghan is content enough to just follow Mingyu's lead, not really knowing where they're going. Or more like he has stopped caring after all the things that he have seen. Jeonghan actually was one of the few members who had wanted to stay back. He didn't see how they are going to get out of this alive, and he doesn't really want to try. If it were not for Mingyu, he wouldn't even be here. But after some shouting matches (him) and shedded tears (all Mingyu), he figures since there is no reason to live, there's no reason to not keep fighting either.

Mingyu, being the ultimate prince, treated him like royalty even now when they barely have anything. Making sure that Jeonghan is fine, 'I guess it gives him something to do or he'll go insane' Jeonghan figures. He barely paid attention to what Mingyu, Woozi, and Seungcheol are planning, but he understands that they're going to China, where the mainland is bigger and would lessen the threat from the sea. They couldn't possibly cross over to the North, so they'll have to travel to the west, hoping to get a boat that will bring them to the mainland. The irony that all this time the government have been patrolling the western sea to curb the illegal boats from China coming in, but no one would have guessed that one day the situation would be reversed.

Jeonghan tugged on his hand that Mingyu is holding tight. That made Mingyu looked at him, and for a split second, Jeonghan is reminded of how lucky he is to snag a good looking guy in his life.

"Why?" Mingyu asked. "Do you need something?".

Jeonghan shakes his head. "No, I'm just... tired".

"Are you hungry? I have some water if you want", Mingyu looks puzzled because thay have only been walking for 2 hours, 3 at most.

"Not that tired", Jeonghan tried to untangle his fingers from Mingyu's, and glared when Mingyu wouldn't let him. "I'm tired. I just, I don't kno--Why are we doing this, it seems kinda pointless, that's all."

Mingyu looked at him, turn around to Seungcheol, telling him to walk first and he'll join back later. Then he dragged Jeonghan to the side where they could talk without obstructing the people walking behind them.

"Look at me", Mingyu brought both his hands to the side of Jeonghan's and lift his head up. "I get it. You're tired. And you don't want to do this. You rather stay behind and accept anything that comes your way. I tried to make you understand why I think we should keep going. But if you don't want to then I'm going to try to understand you and we can stay here and deal with whatever that will happen next".

Not once Mingyu broke the eye contact between them, keep searching Jeonghan's eyes for something. Jeonghan sees the change in Mingyu's eyes; from concern, to kind and understanding, and finally the resolved determination that he has.

Mingyu was about to leave when Jeonghan grabbed hold of his hand, halting his steps.

"Wait here", Mingyu told him affectionately, happy that even with all that is going on, seperation for them is not an option. "I'm just going to tell Cheol hyung that we'll stay here." He tucked Jeonghan's hair behind his ear like he always does. "Who knows, if I can convince you again, then we'll join them when we can." Mingyu smiled at that thought and wanted to leave again but Jeonghan is not letting him go. "Wait." Jeonghan stepped closer to Mingyu, slowly bringing his hand up and cradling Mingyu's face. Mingyu kissed the palm of Jeonghan's hand and smiled at him. "Hi", Jeonghan smiled back, feeling warm all over from the slight affectionate display. "Hey Beautiful", Mingyu smiled bigger when the nickname cause Jeonghan's cheeks to heat up. Jeonghan shakes his head a couple of times to straighten his thoughts again (damn Mingyu for being distracting) and said, "You really believe we'll get out of this alive, huh? Even when everything we know is no longer what it used to be?" Jeonghan asked tentatively.

"Well, I have you, don't I? For me, nothing's changed", Mingyu answered fondly. Jeonghan on the other hand is battling a flurry of emotions along the lines of oh god, god dammit Mingyu, stop it, I'm blushing, what are we doing in the middle of literal disaster, everyone can see us, and oh my god, stop being so distracting Kim Mingyu.

"You--I hate you, Kim Mingyu", Mingyu pulled Jeonghan even closer (didn't think that was possible), kissed his head and said, "I love you too, babe. So, so much", muffling his words on Jeonghan's forehead.

"Fine then. Let's go", Jeonghan grabbed Mingyu's hand and start pulling him to where the rest of the group are walking, way up front. "Oh? You're not going to wait here?" Mingyu was puzzled but following Jeonghan all the same. "No, Kim Mingyu", Jeonghan said while keep dragging him forward, trying to catch up to the rest (can this giant cooperate a little and walk properly). "We're going through with your stupid plan and see if we can come out on the other side alive", Jeonghan gritted his teeth because Mingyu became even more incooperative by not walking. "Yah, Kim Mingyu!" Jeonghan turn around, ready to deck his stupid boyfriend, only to be engulfed in a bear hug.

"Yah, I can't breat--", Jeonghan's word was cut short when Mingyu pressed their lips together. What started as an innocent peck may have included a bit of tongue by the third and fourth kiss, but 'ignore us, everyone just keep walking please' Jeonghan thought as he's being carried away by Mingyu's kisses. Mingyu pulled away after some time, much to Jeonghan's displeasure (he may have made a tiny, tiny sound of distress but nobody have to know that), but as always Mingyu's kisses have always left him feeling tingly.

"Thank you so much, babe", Mingyu said resting his forehead on Jeonghan's. "I know how you feel about this, but thank you for trusting my judgement." Jeonghan didn't say anything, just kept looking into Mingyu's eyes (kind of dazedly after the kiss, to be honest, but damn, this is all Mingyu's fault) and Mingyu just smiled, knowing what's going on in the angel's head, gives him another peck, and reversed the situation by pulling the (dazed) Jeonghan to where the others are. "I promise when we stop we'll continue this conversation", winking at Jeonghan as he goes. If Jeonghan is blushing or losing himself in thoughts of Mingyu and his lips, it's no one's business but his.