Chapter 2 – Togetherness (Part 1)

Our Destiny

One year later after debut as Shinhwa. They have a plan to make a comeback next year. Lately They’re busy to prepare for their comeback. They had training and training since year end until 2 month before their comeback schedule. Today they had some day off because Eric was absent for practice time due to his health condition. Hyesung and Junjin already go to Shinhwa dorm when Andy, Dongwan, and Minwoo still in the practice room. They still want to practice some more before call it a day.

“Okay I think it’s enough!” Said Minwoo.

“Yeah I’m extremely exhausted now!” Said Andy while wipes his sweat in forehead with his back hand. “Let’s end our practice now!” He added.

They decided to end the practice and packed their own thing and preparing for going back to dorm. After that, they planned to see Eric in hospital. But suddenly, Andy realizes he want to go shopping with his family so he couldn’t see Eric in hospital today leaving Minwoo and Dongwan going together. After separating with Andy, Minwoo and Dongwan go back to dorm to change clothes and have lunch.

They arrive at dorm and didn’t see either Hyesung or Junjin in their dorm. Maybe they went to see Eric in hospital too. Dongwan prepares a meal for two when Minwoo was taking a shower. After showering Minwoo came to kitchen and saw Dongwan was almost finished preparing for lunch.

“Woah, you’re prepared this alone? Thanks Dongwan-ah!” said Minwoo.

“Oh Minwoo-yah you’re come!” Dongwan shocked.

“Uh come here, I’m making this for us to lunch, take a seat.” 

Minwoo takes seat in front of Dongwan and ready to eat. Dongwan follows him to sit and ready for eat too.

“Hmm it’s delicious!” praise Minwoo. Dongwan smiled.

After that they quietly busy with their lunch. No one wants to talk until them finished their meal. Minwoo helps Dongwan to clean the dish together. Minwoo thanks to Dongwan and Dongwan nodded. After lunch they prepared themselves again and ready go to hospital with taxi. Silences are fulfilled again in the taxi. Either Minwoo or Dongwan is willing to talk. Minwoo sits in the taxi quietly while Dongwan fussing himself to look scenery out of the windows.

Several minutes later they arrived in the hospital. Both of them trying to pay a taxi bill for two together and make the driver confused to choose which one should he accepted. Both of them look flustered until finally Minwoo pays the bills. They entered the hospital and going to take lift to go to fifth floor which Eric room was placed. From the time they’re in taxi until they arrive in Eric room they didn’t talk at all. They approached Eric who was lying on his bed. Eric turned off his body and looks surprised when both of his friends came.

“Oh guys you’ve coming! Hyesung just return home already and you’ve come.” Said Eric moved. “Oh what is that thing you bring Dongwan-ah?” Ask Eric to Dongwan. Minwoo who was with him just realize Dongwan was brought a plastic bag.

“Oh I brought you some fruits Eric-ah.” Dongwan takes out a lunch box filled with some fruits which had been cut neatly. 

Eric tries takes a bite. “Ooh thanks Dongwan-ah, come here get closer to me, I want to kiss you!” Dongwan get closer to Eric and Eric kiss Dongwan left cheek. They both chuckled together leaving Minwoo there alone.

“Oh yeah are you bring something too Minwoo-yah? Hmm.. No? so why did you come here?” Eric teased Minwoo. Minwoo pouted.

“Yaah! At least I’m being here looking for you. It’s not enough?” said Minwoo annoyed. Eric laughed seeing Minwoo expression.

“Heeyy Eric-ah, it’s this fruits not enough for you?” said Dongwan trying to protect Minwoo. Eric shook his head to make Minwoo feel regrets. Dongwan laughed seeing both of them stare each other.

“Okay I’m sorry Eric-ah, I didn’t bring something for you!” Eric wins.

Suddenly they’re being quiet. Eric was busy eating his fruits while Minwoo and Dongwan break in their silences. Dongwan tries to ask Eric condition and Eric answered he is very well now. Then they’re quiet again. See this situation Eric wants to break the silences.

“So what makes both of you come here together? I mean, I didn’t think both of you will come here together.” Ask Eric.

“Huh? Why we come here together?” ask Minwoo. Minwoo and Dongwan see Eric together with confused view.

“Did both of you really made up plan to go here together?” ask Eric curious.

They thought for a moment. “Oh yeah, actually Andy wants to come with us but he can’t because he made promise to shopping with his family.” Answer Dongwan.

Oh Eric got the situation now. He knows they wouldn’t come here together without reason. Eric actually really knows both of his friends who came here now. Minwoo and Dongwan turn being not really close well with each other or they’re being awkward together. As a leader Eric really wants to make them get closer. He thinks today is really their day being together like this. It’s very rare coincidence. Then he got a brilliant idea.

“Guys, I’m sleepy now. I want to sleep but can both of you stay here until night? Don’t ever one of you left me, okay?” Eric pleads. They looks confused first but second they nodded agree. Eric closes his eyes with a winning feels.

Dongwan sits near Eric while Minwoo stand beside him. They keep their position for a long second. Without making fuss or taking conversation, they’re just kept like that. Eric tries to peek and see both of them really funny. Eric sees them busy for themselves and ignoring each other. Did they will keep like that until night? Then Eric feels heavy in his eyes and going deep into his sleep.

 


Another chapter from my story, had been edited.

Thanks for reading ☺