Episode 3: Young & Dangerous

L♥ve Reset

Once again this episode is about the date between Aaron Yan and Ella Chen. If you like AE then you will find this absolutely entertaining. If not we will try our best to bring the comedy and romance to fit your interest. Anyway, please enjoy our new fan fiction!

...

(An energetic tomboy strolls out the five star hotel with a plain-looking man tagging along.)

Aaron: Hey, why the hell you are walking so fast for? Wait for me!

Ella: I’m a boxer, of course I walk fast. So will you quit whining!

Aaron: What does being a boxer has anything to do with walking fast? And beside we are on a date not on a relay race.

Ella: If you can’t catch up with me then don’t bother to go on a date with me, you pathetic man!

Aaron: Oh, like I want to go out with a scary, muscular woman like you. I’m the victim in here!

Ella: Don’t make me punch you in public! Also, you are not so perfect either, stop insulting me! And one more thing, I’m older than you so you should listen to my words.

Aaron: Big sister, I don’t know whether to laugh at you or to feel sympathy for an old woman who have never even held a man’s hand in her life before.

Ella: How do you know I haven’t? A woman like me is too perfect to have a boyfriend anyway! I choose my soul mate based on his background, career, and personal interest and so on.

Aaron: You want to play hard to get? Who the hell do you think you are? A princess? A hot chick? An elder woman like you should just stay home and spend the rest of your life rotting away. Oh yeah—if you are so “perfect” why the hell do you even bother to participate in the Love Reset game? Desperate for a man?

Ella: (pokes her index finger at his chest) Woah—Xiao De De (little brother)! You sure got a smart mouth there but I am not interested in putting up a fight with you now. Looking at you making me sick! I have better things to do so may you excuse me.

(She shoves him aside and walks faster ahead)

Aaron: (chases after her and grabs hold of her wrist to stop her from advancing any further.) Look, I maybe too harsh on my words but we are in the game for fifty grand. So let’s get our act together, okay?

Ella: (turns her head and gives him a fake smile) You mean after all the things you said you want to cooperate together? Well, I’ll think about it if you win me in the boxing match, if not you and me are over! Got it?

Aaron: (exclaims) Gosh, you are the most stubborn woman I have ever met in my life! You make a living as a boxer and you expect me, a Nutritionist to win over you? Aren’t you making it difficult for me? And beside what good does it do for you if I did poorly on our first performance of the game?

Ella: (evilly grin at Aaron) I see someone is contradicting himself. Remember yesterday who said he know how to box very well in front of everyone? Now you say you are incapable to win over me? You make me laugh, but I do agree with you at one point about doing us no good. Anyway, let’s go boxing and everything will be settled there. What do you say?

(She pats on his shoulders.)

Ella: Don’t worry; I’ll be easy on you!

(Entering the Tony’s Fitness Club)

Aaron: (laughs softly) Sure, I love a win-win solution. It seems as if you are not so tough to tame either.

(He draws his lips close to her ears and whispers.)

Aaron: But, I have to tell you that this is only the beginning of the game and you won’t get away with it so easily.

Ella: (pushes him away) Xiao De De, you know your attitude really surprise me because I never expect that from a modest-looking person like you. But, let me tell you I am not the woman you can take advantage of and then leave me in despair. In this game, I follow no one else rule but only do things for my benefits so don’t use your threatening words at me. I’ll act whenever it is necessary to do so.

Aaron: There are still many things you don’t know about me, Da Jie (big sister)! Even if you don’t follow my rules you have to keep the game rules in mind or else you’ll be sorry.

(A few minute after they reach the boxing center. He grabs two pairs of boxing gloves from the table and tosses one pairs to the tomboy.)

Aaron: So let’s enjoy ourselves, shall we?

Ella: (She cracks a smile.) Bring it on, Xiao De! I’ll be treating some medicine for your bruises afterward.

Aaron: Let’s begin! But, don’t hit my face though… you know it is not cool to go out with a black eye or sausage lips.

Ella: Stop being an annoying brat!

(She makes a quick move by first punching him in the abdomen.)

Aaron: (stumbling backward, he massages his stomach before throwing back few punches and kicks at the lady who dodges them at ease.)

Ella: Beat this!

(Then she launches a deep punch in his left eye and hit his chin in the upward position which sends him spitting up saliva.)

Aaron: Hey, I—I…told you not my face!

(He wipes away his saliva with the back of his aching hand, he caress his chin. And back himself to the ring post in submission.)

Look—I don’t want to play with you anymore!

(Ella kept on fighting back with a few kick at him.)

Aaron: (breathlessly) Back off—I say back off, you psycho woman!

Ella: (She went jogging in place with her boxing gloves hitting against each other, it scares the sweaty, cute guy off.) You want me to stop now? Come’ on, this match didn’t even last an hour and you already surrender? Where is your manly side?

(He struggles to rise up and taking deep breaths, his damp hair cover his exhausted eyes.)

Ella: How about this, I’ll give you a chance to hit me…a handicap? How does it sound?

Aaron: No, I refuse!

(His hand held up giving off a signal of a white flag and exclaimed out loud.)

Aaron: Lord—can’t you act more like a woman so we can just have a normal date together! How the hell do you expect me to put up with your violence for our first date?

Ella: Just shut up will you! If you want a break so badly than I’ll give it to you so stop complaining likes a child. But, I got to take a quick shower first before I go anywhere with you.

(He watches her jumps off the ring and threw the boxing gloves aside after taking them off. Then she storms off to the ladies’ locker room, leaving him half dead in the ring.)

Aaron: (Cusses under his breath) WTF is with this woman?

(He punches the metal post furiously and moans out in pain.)

Aaron: Damn! Why her and not someone else?

(Climbing out of the boxing ring, he slowly drags his half dead body to the men’s shower room for a quick shower.)

(Half hour later)

(The tomboy relaxes her body and soul as she let the hot water runs through her entire sweaty body. She wonders about the fifty grand and the nerve-wrecking, Aaron as her first partner for the week.)

Ella: What a wimp he is! Oh well—as long as there are some entertainments going on.

(She sighs and hurries to the changing room. As for Aaron, he was standing outside of the ladies’ changing room; he waits for her impatiently before he hollers to Ella.)

Aaron: Hey! What is taking you so long? It is a shower not a bubble bath so hurry up! I haven’t got all day, Da Jie!

Ella: All done here!

(She runs out the changing room with her black tank top and the low-cut jean.)

Ella: What a good boy—waiting for me!

(She rubs his head with a smile on her face.)

Aaron: (pouts his lips, he brushes her hand off his head.) Whatever.

(Taking a brief glance at her curves, Aaron quickly turns his back and looks away to restrain himself from blushing then he begins to speak.)

Aaron: Are you hungry? Want to go and grab a bite?

Ella: I know! There is a fast food restaurant around here—KFC! Damn, those chicken s are juicy and those hot Buffalo wings are tangy and spicy. It makes my mouthwatering just thinking of it—let go!

(She took the wimpy man by the hand and ran ahead to their destination.)

Aaron: (pausing on his footsteps, he pulls her back before she could move an inch) No, we are not going to those unhealthy, high calories, chicken slaughter house! If you want to stay fit and healthy which is crucial for a professional boxer like you—I’ll bring you to a better place!

Ella: But, we already near KFC, why go somewhere else?

(He gives her a charming grin then grasping her hand to guide her through several blocks.)

Aaron: Just come with me and you’ll see.

(They take a cab and reach a friendly neighborhood and walk a few steps before stopping in front of a vast, glamorous building.)

Aaron: We’re here!

Ella: (with a dumbfounded look) What is this a luxury motel?

Aaron: This is the place where I used to live.

(They enter the grand looking place and Ella saw every elevator stood two tough-looking, security guards. There stood a front desk with one security guard with spectacles on.)

Security Guard: Good afternoon, Mister Yan! How are you today?

Aaron: (held Ella’s hand) Very good!

Security Guard: Oh I see—you are dating with your cute girlfriend.

Aaron: How do you know?

Ella: What girlfriend? I’m his girlfriend—I

Aaron: (interrupted her with a peck on her cheek) Let’s go, Ella. I don’t want starve you?

Security Guard: (whispers to Ella) Hey—he is a cute and faithful guy. You’re the first girl to enter his apartment.

Ella: What!

Aaron: We better get going, bye!

Security Guard: Have a good afternoon!

(He pulls Ella to the stairway.)

Ella: Why not the elevator?

Aaron: It’s healthier if we take the stairs.

Ella: How am I supposed to walk up the stairs with a rumbling stomach?

Aaron: Stop complaining and start walking!

(He drags her to the stairs. They end up jogging up the ten flights of stairs. Aaron took the keys out and opens the door with a fancy mailbox that reads L1008.)

Ella: (said breathlessly and massages her aching wrist and legs) Man, you are not gentle with ladies!

Aaron: You expect me to give you a special treatment?

Ella: This doesn’t look like a decent date at all.

Aaron: (He ignores her at first. He turns around with a beamingly smile.) Alright, please treat yourself as if this is your home.

(He ran to the fine kitchen)

Aaron: Take a rest while I prepare us a great, nutritious meal.

Ella: I will.

(She plops herself down on the black leather sofa, resting her feet at the coffee table and flipping through the SELF Magazine, Today’s Dietitian Magazine, Living Nutrition Magazine, and Health & Fitness Magazine. Then she turns on the Plasma flat screen TV and starts frowning after switching every channel back and forth.)

Ella: All you have are these things? Just cooking channels and these crappy nutrition magazines?

Aaron: What you expect me to have?

(She storms into his room and starts frantically searching his bed, table, and closet.)

Aaron: (ran after her) Hey—don’t go into my room!

Ella: (sat on the carpet floor and turns to him) Are you even a man? You don’t have any Playboy magazine to be seen around here?

Aaron: That’s none of your business.

Ella: Why not?

Aaron: (rolls his eyes at her) You’re so annoying.

Ella: Why?

Aaron: I just don’t find it necessary to have those filthy stuffs.

Ella: Perhaps you are gay.

Aaron: Just get out my room!

Ella: You said to treat this place as my home. Can’t I explore around your apartment?

Aaron: Did you not hear what I said? I said get out my room!

Ella: (grits her teeth) Fine.

(He watches her walks out his room and ran to the bathroom.)

Ella: (poke her head out the bathroom doorway) Don’t say I violated your privacy!

Aaron: (points his index finger at her, feeling pissed off) You…

Ella: (glees) I’m just using only your toilet and sink. You don’t have to worry I won’t stink up the whole place.

(He dashes back to the kitchen, opens the door of the fridge. Suddenly, he ran out to the living room and exclaims to her.)

Aaron: I’m missing ingredients for the meal; I’ll go out and do some quick grocery shopping.

Ella: What did you say? Missing ingredients! I told you if we have gone to that KFC then we can have a variety bucket meal instead of waiting for your incomplete homemade meal. I can’t wait that long, let’s eat ramen and call it a day for us.

Aaron: How can you torture your body like that with greasy, fat chicken? Do you know it has over 1500 calories and full-blown sodium that slowly kills your organs?

Ella: I know but sometime fast foods treat your hunger. I will exercise after eating it.

Aaron: It won’t change the fact of harming your body. Are you coming with me, are not?

Ella: (Ran out the bathroom) I’ll go with you.

Aaron: (He takes off his apron and wears his overcoat.) Okay.

(They both heads out the apartment building and went to the town marketplace. Then they come across the vegetables and raw meats stall.)

Vegetable Stall: Good afternoon, couple! Today, the vegetables are extremely fresh; all of them just arrive from the stock.

Aaron: Couple?

Ella: (chuckles) You say we are couple?

Vegetable Stall: Sorry, if I mistaken you two.

Aaron: (Frankly) Don’t we look more like siblings?

Ella: Well, couple can have age difference, am I right?

Aaron: (speechless and grabs rotten looking lettuce) Anyway, let’s take this one.

Ella: Are you blind, that one is rotten. Pick the one at the left, that one looks fresher.

Aaron: This one may look rotten outside to you, but the inside is still edible. Plus, the price is a dollar cheaper than the one at the left.

Ella: Oh my god, I can’t believe you can put that in our meal.

Aaron: What? You’re so picky.

Ella: I warn you, I won’t eat the meal if you use that nasty lettuce in it.

Aaron: Stop complaining already, I am using my money for these ingredients not you.

Ella: (bickers at him with her arms crossed) I just can’t believe a Nutritionist told me to eat a something in a moldy condition.

Vegetable Stall: I don’t mean to disturb you two but that lettuce is not as bad as it looks. Of course, the better ingredients are set at a higher price than those are not.

Ella: Oh so someone who have a high salary every year is not even willing to spend a little money on buying some good ingredients for a homemade meal.

Aaron: Are you saying I am frugal?

Ella: Isn’t it obvious?

Aaron: Just a freaking lettuce! I say I am buying it and that is final!

(He takes out his wallet and shoves the money to the vegetable stall seller. There he hurries off to the next raw meat stall with the white bag of lettuce in his hands.)

Ella: (utters in a low voice) Just a minute ago, I thought he was a housewife, talking about bargaining.

(She ran after him to the meat stall.)

Aaron: Can I have four ounces of beef?

Meat Stall: (shows him the big chunk of beef and cut the front side of it) This part of the beef is fatter. Look at it, sir.

Aaron: No, I want the rear side of the beef; just half of the amount will be enough.

Ella: What? That’s not enough for even two servings.

Aaron: Don’t eat too much meat, it not healthy for you.

Ella: (glares) Do I have to be lecture by you in every single minute?

Aaron: Bear with it.

(He watches the seller wrap up the meat in the bag and put it in a plastic bag. Aaron hands him the money.)

Meat Stall: Thanks, sir! Please come again next time.

(Aaron walks off with one bag on each hand as Ella chases behind him. They went back to the apartment and begin cooking. After an hour, Aaron set up the table and calls his quest it is meal time.)

Ella: (Sit at the dinner table and glance at the plate of stir-fry beef, shredded carrots and lettuces, along with some white rice on the side) Hum…let’s see how it tastes.

Aaron: I thought you said earlier you are not eating the meal if I use the lettuce.

Ella: When a person is hungry, he can eat a cow.

(She looks over to his plate and saw a slice of French bread and a lot of baby carrots on the side.)

Aaron: What is it? You want to swap your plate with mine?

Ella: (skeptical) Why are you not eating the stir-fry?

Aaron: The meal is meant to be cook for you. I’m eating something else I like.

Ella: Is there poison?

Aaron: If you say so then don’t eat it.

Ella: I won’t be that stupid, not to eat something already cooked in front of me.

Aaron: (He eats) Bon Appétit!

(Later, she finishes the whole plate.)

Aaron: How does it taste?

Ella: Edible.

(Later, the sun set and the dark clouds slowly consume the clear, blue sky.)

Aaron: (Glimpse at the clock on the wall) It is getting very late. Let’s take a cab back to the hotel, okay?

Ella: (ignores him and looks out the French window) Wow, the cityscape from here looks glamorous!

Aaron: (walks over to her) That’s exactly the reason why I chose this flat.

Ella: (She looks at him solemnly) I just realized you are greatly influenced by the French culture.

Aaron: Nice inference. In fact, I did live in France for four years.

Ella: So you went to college there.

Aaron: Nope, I work there. Is that surprising?

Ella: I can’t tell at all from looking at you.

Aaron: Anyway, let leave.

Ella: Fine, let’s go then.

(They take the cab back to the hotel and walks to the entrance together.)

Aaron: (bid farewell) Ahem…bye, Ella.

(She went still after hearing him say her name as he continues to walks in, leaving her outside of the entrance.)

Ella: (inner thinking) Oh...did he say my name?

(Suddenly, she has the urges to run in and calls out his name before it too late.)

Ella: Hey—Aaron Yan!

(He was walking and stops by her voice.)

Aaron: (Embarrasses) Why are you screaming my name for? I can hear fine.

(He turns around and waits for her to run over to him.)

Ella: (breathlessly) I want to say…good night.

(He watches her march off to the stairway after offering a quick good-bye to him.)

Aaron: What is it with her?

(Ella ran up the stairs and then slows down after reaching her apartment.)

Ella: (questioned herself) Why did I take the stairs for? I always take the elevator.

(She opens her apartment door and drops herself in the bed.)

He isn’t so bad after all to be my first date. But, he has a little flaw here and there.

(Ella wonders and laughs out)

Ella: Can there be still love between me and him?

(Eventually, the story focuses back to Aaron’s side. He takes the elevator up to his apartment.)

Aaron: Ella, can be difficult to deal with sometime especially her personality. But, there are moments that are fun to have her around.

(He recalls the moments of them together at the private apartment, marketplace, and the time where she bid farewell to him.)

Aaron: Just another silly girl!

(After he ends his thoughts at the elevator, he walks out the elevator meeting a security guard.)

Security Guard: Oh—Good evening, Mister Yan! I see you just come back from your date.

Aaron: Why yes, I did.

Security Guard: I was surprise for a moment.

Aaron: Why?

Security Guard: I think I got used to seeing you taking the stairway. You know…

Aaron: (stammers) I...I took the elevator just now?

Security Guard: (nods his head and pat on his shoulder) Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow. I am leaving now; this is the end of my shift tonight.

(Aaron went astonished with unbelievable change happening to him. He rushes into his apartment and ran to the bathroom, drenching his face with cold water.)

Aaron: What is happening to me? Did I go crazy just a moment ago?

(Back to Ella’s side)

(She still rest in her bed and unpredictably she felt the unbearable pain in her abdomen.)

Ella: (in disgusts) What the !?

(Flashbacks from the nasty looking lettuce to the plate of stir-fry she ate before.)

Ella: (groans out) Aaron Yan—you jerk! I told you that lettuce is not edible...oh my god, the pain in my stomach is killing me!

(She stumbles to the bathroom and done her business several times in the night. It leaves her sleepy, aching all over, and again, hungry.)

Ella: (squeals out) Aaron, if I see you again, I’ll kill you!

(Aaron ends up with a sudden sneeze during his sleep.)

Aaron: Did someone say my name?

(He went back to sleep with ease while Ella is suffering a stomach ache.)

Ella: (continues to roll around in her bed) Aaron…you are such a jerk! Ahh—not again!

The end.


Dun miss out the next chapter on Love Reset! The voting is still open to everyone!

Enjoy!

hell666 & huangkell