Like a Shooting Star

The Non-TabiSan Sandara Stories Challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Like a Shooting Star

 

Pairing: DaraHae

 

He waited for her to go up in her home’s rooftop. She and her family just moved to the house across the street. He doesn’t know her name yet but for a week now he noticed that she would go up to her rooftop to gaze at the stars, something the he himself love to do.

“Dong Hae-ah come down for a bit I need you to do something for me,” he heard his mom call out. The sixteen year old immediately went downstairs as his mom requested.

“Bring this to our new neighbor from across the street. Their daughter brought as some tteokk this afternoon,” his mom said and handed him a bag of tangerines.

“Ok eomma,” he exclaimed and cheerfully got the plastic bag of Tangerines and headed out. He run across the street and stood in front of his neighbor’s house. Maybe he can finally meet her. He rang the doorbell twice. And finally the door opened. And there she stood in front of him. She’s more dazzling up close just like beautiful night stars.

“Nuguseyeo?” She asked him.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Lee Dong Hae from the house across the street. My mom would like to thank you for the Tteokk you gave us this afternoon. She also wants to give you these,” he explained.

“Eomma! It’s our neighbor’s son,” she called out.

“Let him in,” the girl’s mom said.

She let him in the house.

Dong Hae greeted his neighbor. "My mom wants you to have these. And she said thank you for the fresh tteok."

"Have a seat. What's your name, dear? And how old are you?"  She gave him a glass of orange juice.

"I'm Lee Dong Hae. I’m sixteen years old," he replied. 

“Just the same age as my Dara-yah,” his neighbor commented, “I’m Kim Misuk and this is my daughter Park Sandara. But she likes being called Dara.”

“It’s nice to meet you both,” Dong Hae said then he took a sip of his orange juice. Dara just sat across from him.

“Are you a student in Anyang High school?” she asked. Dong Hae nodded. “Dara will start attending that school too starting this school year,” she added.

Dong Hae noticed that Dara doesn’t talk much.

“Don’t worry ma’am I will be her friend in school,” he said.

“Thank you dear. Do take care of her once she starts going to school,” Dara’s mom said.

Dong Hae smiled, “I will,” he reassured her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter