Kun x Winwin

NCT Drabbles & Ficlets Dump

a/n: buying time before i continue writing King-in-Waiting kkkkk~

Description: Kun realizes he's in love with Sicheng.

 

---

 

Often, people ask what the best part of falling in love is. Some say it’s the first sight, the steady drumming of your heart slowly escalating and turning into a symphony of earthquakes that shatters the cage inside your chest. Others would say it’s the first “I love you,” or that unexpected proposal at that tiny midnight restaurant across the street. It’s the first time he held your hand and squeezed it inside the pocket of his coat where your palm had redefined the meaning of warmth. It’s when you felt the fingers of jealousy clawing at your back when his eyes lit up at the sight of someone else. Or that night your bodies felt tepid and limp under the same blanket, one and unbreakable.

 

For Qian Kun, however, it was something else. It was the epiphany; that moment equivalent to the speed of light. When he looked at Sicheng’s eyes and watched those tiny slits open up to reflect the sunrise, and when he found that Sicheng’s smile was a lot more than the thin line of rosy red lips and his monotone voice. It’s when he heard Sicheng laugh at the sight of leftover yogurt on Kun’s lips and Kun heard nothing but music. When Sicheng looked back at him, eyes crinkled and twinkling and cheeks glazed with sugar from his half-eaten doughnut. Kun knew at that moment – when his breath got stuck in his throat, his lungs burned, his stomach felt like an invisible battleground and his entire soul had left himself – that he will never, EVER look at Sicheng the same way again.

 

He was in love, and there was no going back.