By Chance

Dear Diary

Hello, Guys! How are you? ^^

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

"The number you're calling is not answering..."

 

"Aish....."

 

Sooyoung ruffled her own hair, frustated. She's been trying to call one particular person all these past three days. But it's whether the person not answered, the line was busy, or someone answered the call saying that she went to toilet or somewhere.

With all her might the tall woman press the redial button once again by promising herself that it would be her last try today.

 

Tuuuut

 

Tuuuut

 

Tuuuut
 

 

Patiently she waited in the line.


 

Tuuuut

 

 

"Yeoboseyo.."

 

And that's finally what she's been waiting for. Voice of the person she really wanted to talk to.

 

"Yeoboseyo. Sic-"

 

"Yeoboseyo.."

 

"Neh, yeoboseyo Sica-yah-"

 

"Yeoboseyo.."

But the person on the other line still repeated the same exact word.

 

"Sica what are y-"

 

"Yeoboseyo. This is Jung Sooyeon. I'm so sorry you should be connected with this stupid recording of mine. I'm so sorry too that I'm busy right now I'm afraid you can't talk to me during the time. Just leave your message here and I'll contact you soon. Annyeong!"

 

Sooyoung stared at her phone dumbfounded before sighing.

"Aigoo....."

 

She then looked at it again before pressing the screen to leave her message.

 

"Jessica Jung.. This is Choi Sooyoung.

 

We need to talk.






 

about us."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Right after she pressed the send button and hung up, the door of the BMW in which she was sitting flung opened. A young American guy came into her sight and greeted her in british accent.

 

"Ms. Choi Sooyoung? Excuse me. I'm John who will take the responsibility to drive you and your manager to the New York Fashion Week today."

Sooyong just nodded while sliding her phone into her purse, "Hello, John. It's nice to meet you. Please guide us and drive carefully." She sent a warm smile which made John nervous.

 

"M-m-my pleasure, Miss."

"Oh you're both here. Let's go then."
Manager oppa suddenly interrupted, making them hurry to the car and John started to drive.
 

Yes, they were in New York to attend one of the greatest fashion events in the world. And yes again, SM Entertainment trust the cheerful summer girl to come as a representative due to her famous being-trendsetter ability.

 

 

"Sooyoung-ah." An emotionless call from her manager who sat beside woke Sooyoung up from her daydreaming. She turned her head to the later just to see her manager still immersed in his phone screen doing some internet surfing.

 

"Neh?"

 

"Are you still in contact with Jessica?"

The mention of Jessica name made her silent for a while.
 

 

"Not at the moment. But yes, I still am sometimes.." The manager nodded, add up to Sooyoung's curiosity, "...wae?"

 

"Aniya... she's been on the top search in internet since the news came up yesterday."

 

"News? What news?"

 

The manager looked at her disbelieved. "You don't know?"

 

"Know what?"






 

 















 

"Coridel finally confirmed her relationship with Tyler Kwon. Just yesterday."

 

Sooyoung froze but put a poker face, "oh is that so.." which the manager just shrugged.

The tall women turned her head and looked at the road scenery from the car window. Unknowingly to herself, she brought one of her hand to her chest trying to feel her heart.

 

 

 

Why does this hurt?







 

 

In other place, Jessica Jung was walking out from the hotel bathroom to her make up table.

After doing her last touch up, the princess reached for her phone just to realize that she got new voice mail. Knowing for sure who it would be, she still pressed the button to listen.

 

"Jessica Jung, this is Choi Sooyoung.... We need to talk............ about us."

 

 

Jessica starred at the screen until the light went off, before biting her lower lip.

She's been avoiding the latter since that kissing accident, ditching all her calls, ignoring her messages. She was afraid to face or even talk to the younger woman. She was afraid that everything will turn out into mess in their friendship, altough it's been a mess from the time she let her guard down on that rainy day.
 

 

What did I do?

 

 

 

*flashback*

 

Sooyoung was frozen at Jessica action but yet didn't make moves to escape it. She stood there silently, eyes widened, surprised with how Jessica's lips bravely landed on her own, making their lips and bodies lost into one. But she was more surprised with how her heart giddy up at that moment.

Their friendship was somehow the intimate kind. They hugged and kissed many times. Heck, they even slept together in one bed often, holding each other all night. But among those kisses they shared, they were only on forehead, nose, or cheeks. So, what they were doing right now, kissing on the lips, not to mention romantically under the rain while holding each other? No. It's first.

 

 

For quite some times, both of them still stood there silently, bodies lingering on each other. The rain still poured endlessly. Their wet lips were stayed in the same place, leaning on each other quietly.

 

And then Sooyoung didn't know what has come into her mind when she started to moved her lips on Jessica's. That somehow starlet the latter, making her once closed eyes opened and widened, realizing what she, they had done.

The ice princess quickly pulled off, took some step back away from the latter with her eyes on the ground, afraid to look at her best friend's eyes.

 

 

 

"S-sorry..." she mumbled.

 

The taller woman who realized the tensed atmosphere between them made two steps forward to the latter, but stopped at how Jessica made signal with her hands.
 

 

"Sic-"

"S-sooyoung, I.... I-i-i have to go now. Bye.."

She stuttered, both from the coldness of unstoppable rain and from her small heart which she cursed for being so weak to control the feeling, before turning around and start running away, leaving Choi Sooyoung dumbfounded under the rain.

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

 

 

 

Knock knock knock!

 

Hearing the sound, Jessica put down her hand which was holding the phone before walking to the door quickly. She opened it just to find a staff of Coridel Entertainment standing there.

 

"Good evening, Jessica. Tyler-ssi is now already waiting for you on the ground floor."

"Thanks. I'll be there in a minute."

 

The staff went away as Jessica turn off the lights in the room and went out. After locking it, she stood up with a blank look in front of the door before sighing and mumbling in a low tone,











 

"Youngie.. Am I doing the right things?"


 

 

What she, and Sooyoung, didn't know was they both were going to go to the same event.


 

 

 

***

Sooyoung's eyes never once left a figure across where she was sitting. The woman was sitting gorgeously side by side with a man who was known as her boyfriend just by yesterday. Jessica Jung.

The Girls Generation tallest member was put in a great shock when she realized that the latter was being in the same place, event, with her. The fuss with the fashion show, all her attention fell only to this American who has ignoring her recently. She swore to herself that that day would be the day they talked about whatever they had to talk.

 

On the other hand, Jessica finally aware of Sooyoung's stares all the times. Tho she tried hard to ignore it by pretending to focus on the show, clapping when others clapped, making a serious face looking at the models, she still lost her mind by the existence of the woman.

 

It's not only Sooyoung who's been staring at her, and eventually the Kwon beside her. As the news about the relationship confirmation leaked the day before, every media tried to get the best photos of them to be put in headline. And that's, all of them, made her dizzy.

With all the banging noise, the back sound of the fashion show, the blitz from all paparazzi, and every dagger she felt, she told Tyler that she would take some times to go to the toilet before finally leaving.






 

 

Lucky there was no one in the toilet. As she arrived, Jessica leaned her back on the wall beside the wastafel. But not even a minute until the door opened presented a creature that she wanted to avoid the most, walking inside, and standing less than two metres in front of her. The person's eyes dig deep into hers.


 

 

Jessica was holding her breath when she tried to take steps away, but to be failed as the said person grab her wrist and started the talking,

 

"Why are you avoiding me?"

 

"Soo, I still have show to watch."

 

"Me too. But let us talk for a while."

Jessica just looked away.

 

"......."

 

"Sica."

 

"........"

 

"Jessica Jung. Look at me.." Sooyoung said in a serious tone.

 

Sighing, she finally looked at the latter nervously, waiting for the question she has already known would come from the younger woman.











 

 

"What was the meaning of our kiss that day?"
 

 

Jessica's hands were shaking, her face became pale. Cold sweats started to appear as she bit her low lip while looking deep into Sooyoung's eyes.
 

 

 

 

 

I love you

That was the meaning

 

Why are you so blunt and blind?

 

 

 

But of course it was just in her head. Jessica didn't know how to blur it out. She was too afraid that their friendship would be broken by a stupid mistake of loving her own best friend. She was too afraid of losing Sooyoung. Losing? What about losing? Ones cannot lose what they never had, right?

 

She was ready for any heartbreak, as long as Sooyoung still be there. As long as Jessica could still see her.

 

"I....."

 

"......."

 

"We......"

 

"......."

 

Jessica closed her eyes, inhaling.



 

"Sooyoung, it was wrong."

 

Then why did it feel so right?



 

 

"It was a mistake. A misunderstanding."

 

Sooyoung looked at the latter with blank expression, didn't know what she exactly felt about Jessica's answer. Sad? Disappointed? Relieve? No. She even didn't feel anything at all. Her heart went blank as her face did the same. It was empty deep inside her heart.

But the thing was, she has an urge to hold the pain in her heart. Lucky she was strong to do so.
 

 

 

"So... It... it meant nothing?"
 

 

Jessica gulped before responding, "..nothing."

 

She pretended to smile at the latter, resisting her broken heart to cry out loud. She insisted herself to laugh.

 

"You are my best friend, Soo.. You should have known..."

 

You should have known that I love you

 

".... you should have known that... that I was just drowned in the moment... and... and..."

 

Jessica laughed again but it sounded so fake because she gulped her tears down by doing so.

 

"It was your fault to ask me joining you dancing in the rain." She smiled at the memories, looking down.
 

 

 

 

Silent engulfed them for some more seconds until Sooyoung spoke.

 

"Is that so?"

 

Jessica nodded, but the trembled body was not helping all her lies. She was still looking down tho.


 

"Okay."

 

"......"

 

"Thanks for making it clear. I will leave."

 

"......"

 

Sooyoung took some steps before she  stopped again.

 

"Oh and anyway.."

 

"......."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Congratulation for your public relationship."

 

"........"

 

"I hope he will treat you right."

 

The taller girl then continued her steps and walked out of the toilet.

 

As the click sound from the door signaling that the person finally went away, Jessica rose her head to see the ceiling. The tears finally stormed out of her eyes after she resisted them for quite long time. They rolled down and didn't seem to have any intention to stop, ruining every make up stuff on her face.

 

 

 

She didn't know it would be that hurt to tell lies.

 

 

 

 

***

Jessica put her empty glass as she finished her last slurp of Martini, in the middle of the loud music at a famous Gangnam night club. But she was still awake, not even a slight of drunk state hit her, altough she wanted.

 

It was two week after that fashion show. During the times, she didn't know whether it was hell or heaven, but the particular tall best friend, which she had feelings to, never once contact her after that.

So then she came by there, to the club, by disguising clothes, trying to get dizzy. So she would forget all her problems, all her sadness, to wake up feeling new in the morning. Forgetting about ever falling hard in love to a best friend she would never, forever, claim as her lover.

 

But unfortunately she didn't get drunk. No matter how much alcohol has entered her body, her heart was still the same. There was still one name in her mind. There was still one person she could think of.

 

Choi Sooyoung....... was her infinity problem.

 

After failed her attempt to be drunk, she stepped down walking out the club lazily to her car.

 

 

 

Sitting at the seat, at the time she was about to start the engine, two figures caught her eyes.

 

From a far both looked like a usual drunk couple making out, leaning on the car. The man started to and squeeze everywhere as the woman moaned continuously. It was not long before the man pushed the women inside the car and walked himself to the driver seat then the machine.

 

That was of course a familiar scene around night club. But what made Jessica stunned was that she knew exactly one of them.














 

 

The man

 

was Jung Kyungho.






 

As angry as would be, she harshly opened her door car again and took steps fast, trying to reach for the bastard who was cheating on the woman she loved. But unfortunately the car has already moved away.

 

Jessica quickly ran back to her car and started the engine.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Fufufufu….

I honestly don’t have anything against Sooyoung’s relationship with Jung Kyungho. But it’s just……………….. I love Soosica the most :”)

So, I’m sorry Kyungho-ssi for making you look bad in this story :(

 

By the way guys, are you watching Soo’s new drama with Seo Inguk? It was so daebakkkk!!! Her acting improved a lot, I almost cry when she was sad T____T

Till the final chapter, Guys! Keep being healthy :D