You

Dear Diary

It’s Saturday and she was doing her me-time in the bedroom, her family house, sitting lazily on her old couch in the corner. Having no works on weekend was kind of pleasure nowadays for Choi Sooyoung.

 

Each day is too long..

For some reason, today feels even more empty..

What should I do?”

With eyes still focused on the magazine in her hands, she flipped the pages while mumbling some of the lyrics of her recent favorite song. The earphones were plugged in both her ears, kept her busy synchronizing her words with the singer’s, her favorite singer exactly.

Too drowned in the song and magazine, she didn’t realize that one particular person had enter her room and walked towards her, before finally sitting right next to her while joining her mini concert.

 

Dear diary I want to say…

 

Sooyoung turned her head, realizing an exact same voice with what she was hearing from her earphone came from a creature beside her. The latter threw a sweet smile towards her long best friend, her precious tall ex-roommate, which replied quickly by Sooyoung’s grin.

 

“You love my song so much, huh?” She teased.

 

 

 

 

“I love the singer more than the song.”

 

 The tall lady blurred out innocently, making the American’s heart beats accelerated. That’s funny how, no matter how lazy Jessica is, her heart can never stand to not run rapidly every time Sooyoung does some sweet talks.

 

“You love another Jung more than the Jung who sings this song.”

 

That’s a sad truth.

 

Sooyoung grinned cheekily, obviously oblivious with what’s in the latter’s head.

“Jealousy issue?” Jessica replied the confident question by only rolling her eyes, hiding what she really felt.

“In your dreams.” She mumbled.

Yes, you can dream about me jealous about you and Kyungho oppa. You can dream about me doing anything you would like me to do. You can dream of me. Or no. It’s up to you.

 

There was a couple seconds after they both didn’t say anything and just staring each other, with the cheerful younger one was smiling and the so called ice princess was having a blank look.  Sooyoung sighed, still smiling.

 

“Here..”

She opened her arms, asking the latter to come to her embrace, which Jessica quickly accepted. It’s quite long after they last saw and enjoyed each other’s warmth. Before, they have met in Cali, for a simple and super short time. Yes, that’s when netizens smartly speculated that they spent days together there, analyzing from Sooyoung and Jessica’s circle of friends who posted two look-alike pictures and tagging them in the photos. The netizens were both right and wrong. Yes, they met, but they don’t spent long times together. Only they themselves knew how much they wanted each other company longer, if God and their works let them, that day.

 

“I missed you.” Jessica mumbled in Sooyoung’s neck.

“And you dare to think I didn’t?” The ice princess smile secretly and at the same time pinching her best friend’s waist lightly, earning a small groan from the latter.

 

 

“So what’s with this surprised visit?” Sooyoung asked after they pulled out.

“Oh.. So I ain’t welcomed if I don’t have any urgent things to do with you?”

 

 

“Of course you are welcomed, always.” The taller girl answered while running her finger through Jessica’s bangs, fixing them behind her right ear, not realizing about the blushed face of the latter.

 

 

“I just have lunch with Soojung and asked her to drop me here.”

“Here, where?”

“In front of your gate, duh.”

“You are aware with the fact you can’t let anyone see you entering my house right, Sica?”

“I made sure there was no one watching of course, Soo..”

“Wow, Jessica Jung.” Jessica glared at her. “Your ninja skill is still no joke..” She shrugged.

 

 

 

Sooyoung smiled again, before tuning her sight from Jessica’s face to her own right hand, which still holding, playing with Jessica’s left hand’s fingers. And again, a butterfly speeded in Jessica’s stomach.

 

 

“So how is new life, famous solo singer?” She looked through Jessica’s eyes once again.

 

“Don’t tease me, Choi Sooyoung.”

“What did I do?”

“I’m so small compare to you and the other seven.” Jessica pointed out their friends, her ex-members.

 

“But you did it yourself.” Sooyoung smiled, she continued. “I’m so proud.” Jessica smiled.

 

“I’m so proud although I couldn’t say it out loud.” Jessica understood.

 

 

 

 

 

“You are an independent woman now.”

 

How I wish I still be able to depend on you.

 

 

 

“Oh, I know!” Sooyoung said after a while.

She suddenly stood up and moved her working table and wheel chair to the more center of the room. Then the tall girl opened her drawer to find a black and red spidols. She then turned her face and grinned at Jessica before dragging her by hands to sit on the wheel chair behind the table, before gave the spidols to her.

 

“What?”

Sooyoung ignored Jessica’s question as she took Jessica’s album box from her cupboard.  She then turned around and smiled to the latter.

“Call me.” Jessica chuckled, finally understanding Sooyoung’s childish acts. She then put her palm in , trying to regain composure to join her best friend’s dreamy land.

 

“Ehm..” Jessica cleared , acting cold. “Next. The one who looks like giraffe there..”

“Me! Me! It’s me!” Sooyoung said excitedly, walking towards the table, before kneeling and put her chin onto it.

“Unnie, your album is sooo daebakk! I’ve listened to all the songs!” She said, looking at Jessica lovingly while placing the album in front of Jessica, who was just smiling over the latter’s pabo acts.

“Oh, yeah? What’s your favorite one?” Jessica tried to create a conversation with her cute ‘fan’.

“I love ‘Dear Diary’ the most! I listened to it every single night before falling asleep!!” Jessica chuckled while holding the album and opened the spidol.

“Cute..” She mumbled.

“What?”

 “I said you are cute, you little giraffe.” Jessica smiled.

Sooyoung acted dumbfounded. “Oh, Lord.”

“Wae?”

“Jessica unnie is calling me cute.” Sooyoung then stood up and backfaced Jessica,

 

“GUYS! DO YOU HEAR THAT??? JESSICA UNNIE SAID THAT I AM CUTE!!!!” She screamed as if there are many Jessica’s other fans there. “THAT’S IT, GUYS! YOU WON’T STAND A CHANCE!!! JESSICA UNNIE LOVES ME ONLY!!!”

 

Jessica trying hard to not laugh, closing tightly. “Yah!!”

“Neh, unnie!” Sooyoung quickly turned around and kneelt again facing Jessica, who was trying to act cold again.

 

“What’s your name?”

“Choi Sooyoung, unnie. But please just write Sooyoungie there.”

“Arasso.. Sooyoungie…” Jessica said as she wrote on her album. “I… love… you… Be happy… Don’t… eat… too… much.”

 

 

 

“Unnie…” Sooyoung called her ‘idol’ softly.

 

 

“Hmm..?” Jessica looked at her, to find the latter’s blank face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you so beautiful?”

 

 

 

That left Jessica blushed so bad as she looked down, pretending to continue her writings again while simply thanking the latter for the compliment.

 

After finishing with the autograph she gave it to Sooyoung smilingly, “Here, Sooyoungie..”

“Omo…” Sooyoung said while looking at the album amazedly, “Thank you, Unnie..” Sooyoung said while standing up.

 

“Unnie…” Sooyoung called again.

“Neh?”

“Can I ask one more thing for you to do?”

“What’s that?”

 

“Could you please stand up, Unnie?” Jessica then stood up, following Sooyoung request.

“And?”

 

“Now… Could you please turn around for a while?”

 

“Mwo?”

 

Jessica was curious but still doing that for the sake of Sooyoung.

 

“Aaah…”

“What is it?” Jessica asked impatiently.

 

 

 

 

 

“I just knew..”

 

 

 

“Knew what…”

 

 

 

 

“I just knew I was wrong.”

 

“…..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I thought every angel has wings before.”

 

 

 

And that’s fatal, Choi Sooyoung. She made Jessica’s face turning to its reddest ever.

 

“Shut up, Choi!” Jessica glared while resisting her heart not to jump out from its cage. While Sooyoung, she was still laughing out loud at her own lame pick-up lines. The younger then led the princess to sit and lay on her bed together.

 

 

“Do you know how red you are right now?” She said furiously, still laughing. She was adjusting her head to lean on the pillow, while signaling Jessica to put her head on her shoulder.

“I said shut the up, Choi Summer.” She cursed, but cuddled more to Sooyoung’s collarbone. Sooyoung replied the gestures by holding Jessica’s waist and keep her body closer.

 

“Do you miss this?” The taller woman asked.

“What?” Jessica was still playing with Sooyoung’s loosen cloth.

“This. Cuddling with me.”

 

Jessica stayed silent a while but then nodded lightly in Sooyoung’s chest.

 

“Do you still do this in the dorm?” She asked in a soft voice.

“With whom? If you forget, my roommate left me all alone in my room.”

Jessica smiled.

“What about Yuri?”

“Yuri? Why?”

“Does she…. You know… like to come to our room to cuddle with you?” Sooyoung stunned at Jessica’s mark.

 

“What makes you think like that?”

“Aniya……”

“……..”

“It’s just… You know…”

“Tell me.”

 

 

“I saw a lot of pictures in internet in which she hugged you so close at the airport..” Jessica said, still pinching Sooyoung’s sleeve groggily.

“………”

“Everybody comments, ‘Soori is real! Soori is real!’ Tch.. Really….”

“………”

 

 

“……….”

 

 

“……….”

 

“Yah! Say a word!” Jessica slapped Sooyoung’s clothed chest lightly, just to be replied by Sooyoung’s big laugh.

“Yaaah!!” She slapped it again repeatedly, glaring at the younger. “What’s so funny?!”

 

 

 

“Aniya…” Sooyoung still laughed. “You are so baby-ish when you are all possessive like this..” Sooyoung pinched Jessica’s cheek, just another way to make the latter went all red.  Jessica slipped one of her arms behind Sooyoung’s back, hugging the latter’s waist before hiding her face in her chest, and mumbled,

 

 

“Only I allowed to cling on you at the airport.” Sooyoung smiled hearing that.

 

“Only at the airport?” Jessica shook her head, cuddled more.

 

 

“No. Anywhere possible.”

 

“Roger that, baby sergeant..” Sooyoung run her palm through Jessica’s soft hair.

 

 

 

“Hummm..”

“……..”

“Don’t run away from the topic. So what’s with you and Yuri? Are you going closer right now?”

“Hmmm.. I guess yes.” Jessica frowned quietly, wanting Sooyoung all for herself. But of course she knew that’s not possible.

“She…. Kinda needed more attention since her break up with Seunghwan oppa. So yeah, I volunteered myself since we were quite close.”

“Hmmm…”

 

 

“……..”

 

“Speaking of it, I just realized… Among all the members’ dating rumors, you and your Kyungho oppa’s relationship is the only one that still last, right?”

Sooyoung shrugged it. Jessica smiled sadly, but to go unnoticed by the latter.

 

 

“Guess you really love him…”

 

Sooyoung kept shut.

 

 

 

 

“Do you really love him, Soo?” Jessica made her question clearer, still hugging Sooyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I…..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung was not able to complete her answer as a noise started to be heard near Jessica’s side.

 

 

Saramdeuri umjigineun ge….. singihae!

 

Jesica flinched and found that it was Sooyoung’s phone. She then looked at the tall girl disbelieved.

 

“What’s with you, having a rival company group’s song as a ringtone instead of your own song?”

“Yah! Akmu is so good!” Sooyoung answered, fangirling while laughing. “Now could you please reach it for me?”

 

Jessica reached for it and read the caller, Kyungho oppa, before gave it to Sooyoung.

“Speaking of the devil.” She mumbled.

 

Jessica sat up, understanding that the other would have some privacy to talk with her boyfie. Sooyoung smiled apologetic before stood up and walked to the corner of the room, but still enough for the other to hear.

 

“Yobboseyeo?”

 

“Neh, oppa..”

 

“Omo. I forgot it.”

 

“I’m sorry, Oppa. I’ll be there in minutes.”

 

“Aniya… I’ll be there, don’t worry.”

 

“Oppa, miyane..”

 

“Neh. Wait for me, okay?”

 

“Hmm.. Nado..” She smiled before hanging up.

 

Sooyoung was then looking at her best friend, feeling confused how to tell her. But Jessica smiled sweetly.

“I guess I’ve made someone forget about her date?” Sooyoung smiled sadly.

“Oppa just bought furnitures for his new apartment and he wants me to help him to decide the interior things. So yeah….” She stopped before continued, “Sorry..”

“Wahh.. He already prepared a new apartment for you two after you both get married?”

“Yah!” Jessica pretended to chuckled teasing the other. Little did anybody knew, she hurt herself with it.

 

 

“It’s okay Soo.. It’s me the one who have to apologize for making you forget.” She said after a couple seconds. But Sooyoung still frowned, honestly wanting more hours to spend with the latter.

 

 

“Okay. To make it even, I will accept your apology for ditching me if you sent me to my apartment… How is that?”

“Deal!” Sooyoung smiled.

 

 

 

**

“I’m sorry again, okay? I promise next time I will visit you when I have free time.” Sooyoung said as soon as they arrived at the parking lot at Jung sister’s apartment basement.

“Don’t make such a promise, busy actress Choi.” Jessica giggled, making Sooyoung pouted childishly. “By the way, good luck for your new drama.” She smiled, turning Sooyoung’s pout into warm smile.

“Thank you..”

 

 

 

They took some seconds, smiling at each other in a warm silent, before finally Sooyoung gave the other a gentle kiss on her forehead.

 

Their eyes met again, and smiles grew wide in each faces.

 

 

 

 

“I love you.” Jessica blurred out, smiling.

“I love you too.” The other replied quickly.

 

No, you don’t mean it the same way as I do.

 

 

 

 

Jessica sent her last smile before finally opening the car door and went out.

 

“Drive save..” She said while waving at Sooyoung, before the latter nodded at her and started driving away.

 

 

 

As she walked inside the apartment, she mumbled her song.

 

"Dear diary I want to tell..

Everything was so hard all day today.

Nothing can fill this empty heart, that’s why I keep writing.."

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do I want to continue this story? Hahaha do I have to? Share me your opinion.. :p

 

Btw I love Jessica's Dear Diary so much!! What's your favorite?