Seven

Slowly But Surely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes, Sehun hated the fact that he’s an observant person. Being observant meant that he could easily pick up on the little things like when someone’s lying to him or hiding something from him. It’s the way they talk that made it easy for him to detect their intentions, and that was how he was able to interprete the hidden meaning behind Joohyun’s words.

To say that he was disappointed would be a little too much. Sehun knew that there was a possibility for Joohyun to be harbouring feelings towards someone else and despite expecting it, he couldn’t help but feel a little crushed. He hasn’t fallen for her, at least not yet, but Sehun had grown to like her a lot and the fact that she’s in love with someone else when she has to marry him in the end made him feel… guilty.

Although he doesn’t know how deep her feelings are or to whom it was from, he didn’t want to be the guy to rip her happiness away from her. He didn’t want to be the one who got in between their relationship either.

If there was a relationship.

Thinking about the possibility made him sigh, and for a moment he forgot that he was on Skype with his brother until the moment knocked his fist loudly on his desk on the other side of the camera, making the younger jump in surprise. Joonmyeon laughed at that.

“Not funny, hyung.” he pouted, making the elder chuckle.

“Stop pouting, kiddo.” Joonmyeon said as he twirled his pen in his hand. “You’re getting married so you should stop acting like a spoiled brat.”

Sehun scoffed at that. “You love this spoiled brat,” he pointed out arrogantly before letting a frown work its way on his face. “Hyung, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, go ahead.”

“Should we go on with this marriage? I mean, what if there’s someone out door whom she loves and loves her back?”

Joonmyeon raised a curious brow at that. Instead of answering his little brother immediately, he pushed aside his patients’ files he had been reviewing so he could focus solely on Sehun. “What makes you say that? Did she say that she has someone out there?” he asked.

Sehun sighed. “Not really,” he drawled. “I mean, you know how observant I am. And I kinda noticed the way she spoke about how she wants her kids to be able to fall in love with someone and be with the one they love instead of going through what she did, and I just… knew.”

“You guys were already talking about kids? Not bad, kiddo.” Joonmyeon just to get the frown off Sehun’s face. It worked. “Okay, seriously though. Did you ask her for confirmation?”

Sehun nodded grimly at that.

“And?”

“I didn’t get to hear her reply.” he replied without bothering to elaborate. Her silence and the hesitation to answer his question had already gave him his answer, and before any of them could say more, he was called away by his other cousins who wanted to spend time with him after not seeing him for so long.

And that was three nights ago.

“So what are you going to do?” Joonmyeon asked.

Sehun shrugged at that. “Honestly, I’m not sure. I mean, she clearly said that this marriage has to happen. No way I’m going to risk her getting disowned by her family just because of this.”

He didn’t realize his mistake until Joonmyeon choked on his saliva and sputtered, “D-Disowned?! What do you mean by disowned?”

“That’s a story for next time,” he waved the man’s curiousity off and continued. “So, what do I do, hyung?”

Joonmyeon was quiet for a while and the longer the man paused, the more it made him nervous. He was about to whine like the spoiled kid that he is when his brother took a deep breath and leaned forward towards his laptop so his face was closer to the screen.

“I think… that it’s best if you guys talk about this, Sehun.” Joonmyeon said with his serious face on. “From there, you guys can decide what to do next. I’m confident that you will know how to handle this matter, just between the two of you. Just talk to her, okay?”

Sehun sighed heavily, feeling uncomfortable about confronting Joohyun about it, but he knew it had to be done. So he nodded his head to that and allowed his brother to change the subject, wanting to forget about it for a little while.

 

*

*

*

 

“Are you alright?”

Joohyun looked up from staring blankly at her phone and found Kyungsoo frowning down at her. “What?”

“You’ve been staring at your phone for like five minutes,” her best friend pointed out. “Are you expecting a call or a text from someone?”

She froze at that. “Uhh… n-no. Wh-What makes you say that?” she stuttered, obviously not fooling Kyungsoo.

“Because you’ve been staring at your phone for the past five minutes?” he deadpanned. Joohyun averted her gaze, already caught in the act, and he sighed. “Joo, what’s going on? Why are you acting like this?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” she sighed. “I just… I think I offended someone. Or pissed him off, I don’t know.”

“And who would that be?”

“…my fiancé.”

Kyungsoo blinked, not used to the fact that his best friend was about to get married to someone because of a stupid family tradition. “Okay… so what did you do?”

Joohyun bit her bottom lip, not wanting to answer that question. What should I say? ‘Oh, I might have said something that made him notice that I’m in love with some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter