Twelve

Slowly But Surely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you think of this?”

Joohyun turned to Soojung who’s holding up a white mermaid dress. Her reaction was to scrunch her face. She glanced at Sehun who’d also turned to Soojung and he had a rather thoughtful look on his face which made her chuckle. Guess he doesn’t like it as well, she thought and shook her head at her best friend. Soojung shrugged and placed the dress back onto the rack before going through more of the choices available. Since Joohyun refused to spend too much on a wedding dress (plus they might not have the time to design one), she opted to rent a dress for her ceremony.

“It’s only for a few hours anyway,” she had told the wedding planner who agreed with her.

“This?” Soojung asked and Joohyun groaned, earning a laughter from the former. “What? I’m sure it’d look good on you.”

It was mermaid wedding dress with heavy ruffles at the bottom, something Joohyun really didn’t like. Soojung knew that which was why she purposely held it up for Joohyun to see.

“I’m going to kill you, Soojung.” She threatened the girl who merely laughed.

“That’d be epic,” she snorted. “Bridezilla too stress with her wedding preparation and ended up slaughtering her poor best friend and bridesmaid.”

Jongin snorted at that. “If you don’t quit playing around, she just might go bridezilla on you, babe.”

“Shut up, Jongin.”

“Sure thing, baby.”

Joohyun and Sehun made a similar gagging noise in the background, making the couple smirk before a shop assistant walked over to Joohyun, offering her help. “I’m looking for something simple,” Joohyun told her. Sehun walked over to stand beside her. “I don’t like anything that’s too… eye-catching.”

“It’s your wedding day, Joo. Everyone’s going to look at you anyway,” Soojung intercepts with a raised brow. “Might as well make it worth it.”

“Are you saying that my face alone is not worth it?” Joohyun asked, quirking a brow and snorting when Soojung sighed. “Anyway, that’s the point. Everyone’s going to look at me on that day anyway, and I don’t need any more reason for them to stare endlessly at me. I hate it.”

“Yeah, and Sehun would hate it if everyone’s drooling over his bride.” Jongin piped in, earning a cold glare from his best friend.

That made Joohyun really curious. Ever since they arrived, Sehun has been giving Jongin looks like as if he was silencing the man with his eyes alone while Jongin would smirk every so often like he knew something that the whole world didn’t. She was really curious to know what was going on between them, but Soojung assured them that they must’ve done something stupid between themselves and it was not worth her time. Joohyun needed to focus on much more important things after all.

Joohyun followed after the shop assistant to another room after informing the woman of her dress preference, and Soojung trudged after her. When Joohyun glanced back over her shoulder, she saw Sehun threatening to punch Jongin while the latter was grinning at the other with a mischievous look on his face. She frowned but ignored them as the shop assistant led them into a room. It was a huge dressing room with a couch in the centre of it, and there was also a rack of dresses at the corner of the room that caught the girls’ attention. Some of the dresses had glitters on them which made Joohyun stare at them in horror.

What the hell is that?

“I have something that you might like,” the shop assistant told her. “Please wait for a moment.”

The woman left the room, making the two turn to each other in confusion but Soojung shrugged and took a seat on the couch instead. Joohyun followed suit, making sure to sit facing the door so she could keep a look out for Sehun. The two guys were still outside and she couldn’t help but wonder what they were doing.

“There seems to be something going on between you and that Oh kid,” Soojung said, making Joohyun turn to her best friend. Soojung scoffed softly when she saw the surprised look on Joohyun’s face. “Why do you look so surprised? It’s so freaking obvious.”

Joohyun blushed at that. “I don’t really know what you mean. Of course there’s something going on with me and Sehun. We’re getting married, stupid.”

“Oh, it’s more than that.”

“Explain.”

“I think you like him.” Joohyun pressed her lips at that. Soojung watched her, raising her brow when Joohyun didn’t argue. “I was right. Thus, why I invited Kyungsoo for dinner tonight.”

If Joohyun really did have feelings for Kyungsoo still, she would’ve panicked. In fact, she expected that from herself but her reaction was… nothing. She was a little surprised since she didn’t expect it, but Joohyun didn’t feel like hiding Kyungsoo from Sehun. In fact, she only felt a slight worry to what he would think about the man she’s about to marry. She liked Sehun – enough to want to protect him from Kyungsoo’s scrutinizing eyes. She likes him a lot, she figured, if she really doesn’t mind marrying him.

The thought made her blush.

Soojung giggled as she watched her best friend before looking away like as if she saw nothing. “Quickly pick out your dress and get your measurements done. We’re meeting him in two hours,” she told the other.

Joohyun nodded just as the same shop assistant sauntered into the room with a dress wrapped inside a black plastic. With her colleagues’ help, she unwrapped the item and Joohyun unknowingly stood up from her seat when she saw what was underneath it. Soojung let out a whistle and clapped her hands quietly.

“I think this might be it,” she muttered to the women before turning to her stunned best friend. She laughed. “Yup, that’s the one.”

The dress was simple yet breath taking. Joohyun walked over to the lady and gently reached out to touch the material of the dress, eyes wide as she took in the design. It was a sweetheart neckline ball gown with lace straps, and Joohyun wondered if she could pull off a dress like that. Plus, she’s never worn anything with a neckline lower than her collarbone ever since she started ‘seei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter