Chapter 3

Capture Love in a Snapshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

1 month after school started, we were required to move into dorms. Hoya and I ran to grab a room together. “Looks like the other two beds are already taken. I wonder who we’ll be sharing this room with.” I said thoughtfully, looking at the beds which were already made up and the bags on top of it.

At that moment, someone pushed open the door.

“Oh, we have new friends here?”

I looked up and saw Woohyun and Sungyeol.

“Sungyeol hyung, you know this guy?” I said, turning my head in Woohyun’s direction.

“He’s a distant relative of mine. Hey, he’ll also be joining photography club, you guys should make friends.” Sungyeol  said with a childish smile.

“Yah, don’t leave me out of the conversation!” Hoya said and then introduced himself, “Hi, I’m Lee Howon, but call me Hoya.” He then extended his hands out for a handshake, while giving his trademark smile.

“Ok for one thing, let’s exchange basic information about each other first. I don’t have much idea about who’s my hyung or dongsaeng yet.” Hoya said when we’ve all settled down.

“What? I’m the youngest?” I exclaimed. I really didn’t expect that.

Friday afternoon, Photography room

Before I left to the school garden to take photos, Woohyun was busy taking selcas on the camera.

“Tsk.” I made a little sound of disapproval at his narcissistic actions and then left with the camera. “Wait a minute, Myungsoo! Are you heading to the garden?” I heard a sweet voice calling out. It was Minyoung.

“Yes.” I replied.

“Great! Let’s learn together okay?” She smiled sweetly.

“Aren’t you an expert already? I expected that since you are the President’s sister.”

“No way! Oppa never allows me to touch his camera, saying it is really expensive.”

“Haha, what a miser! It’s okay, when you earn enough money, you’ll have your own camera.”

Very quickly, we reached the garden. Wow. The scenery was simply breathtaking. We began to take pictures while figuring out how the different effects of the camera add a different feel to the photo taken.

While looking around the scenery through the camera lens, my vision unknowingly settled on her. Her long wavy hair, her natural smile, her big sparkly eyes that shined under the reflection of the sun. All those added beauty and glamour to the scenery. My fingers fumbled around on the shutter button. I knew I wanted to take that picture. “It’s okay, no one will know.” I persuaded myself and pressed down the shutter decisively. With that, her beautiful smile was captured in a snapshot and so were my feelings then.

I then noticed that she was looking intently at a pink carnation flower. Just then, a call came from my mother. “Yes, omma, I’m doing fine here. I’ll see you again this weekend. Yeah, ok sure. Don’t worry, omma, I can take care of myself. Love you too.”

When I ended the call, Minyoung was still looking at the same flower, seemingly deep in thought. At first I thought it was just her favourite flower but seeing as how she can’t take her eyes off it, it must have an important meaning to her.

“Minyoung-ssi…” I began and then she turned around. That was when I saw the tears in her eyes. Flooding her eyes but refusing to

Please log in to read the full chapter