CHAPTER THREE

The Crimson Villa

Chae Yeong-ah”, Suho wiped away her tears but they kept falling.

“I’m sorry, Suho-sshi”, Chae Yeong moved away quickly, “ But I cannot forget him no matter how much I try. I know it’s unfair but…”

Suho came close and placed his finger on her lips. With another hand he held her face and made her look into his eyes. “ Then stop trying”.

Chae Yeong cast down her gaze. “I do not want the same thing to happen to us. I do not want them slaughtering my kids..I”

Suho pulled Chae Yeong into his chest, who broke down instantly.

“ Chae Yeong-ah, history will not repeat itself. BB will not be able to penetrate our security. I promise, they will not get the chance to put a scratch on Daewoon or Minho..As for me”, he separated himself from her and sat on the ground to meet her low gaze and smirked,” You saw my body, you saw how much I work out, how much I practice fighting and shooting… do you still doubt in my abilities? Think I cannot protect myself ?”

Chae Yeong shook her head and smiled. He traced her index finger along the line of his lips and forced his smirk down,” Think I cannot read your mind and expression, Kim Junmeyeon-sshi?”

She brushed a hand against his jawline, “You muscles are tense, brows are forcing themselves to not stay arched… you do not need to bury those worries away in front of me.”

Suho got back to his place on the sofa and dropped his head on Chae Yeong’s lap.

“Aish, how could I forget I have a forensic doctor who knows every detail of me”

“Spill the beans” Chae Yeong began playing with his hair.

“Got invited to BB’s party in honour of their new CEO”.

“Hmm”

“For that I will be attending the party”

“What?”

Suho sat up and faced his wife. “ I need to see who’s the opponent”.

“It won’t be long until your curiosity takes the form of  a sin, Suho”. Chae Yeong half-yelled as she got up from the sofa and  began pacing in the room.

Suho took a deep breath. Her reaction was expected “Nothing’s gonna happen tonight-”

“Tonight???”  Chae Yeong stopped in her tracks. She sounded deadly.

Suho gulped. It was time to prepare for the worst.

However a phone call saved him. Chae Yeong’s phone rang at that very time of her explosion.

“Dr.Hwang speaking”, Chae Yeong snapped.”…………… Okay, I will be there”.

She must have been called back at the hospital, Suho mused. It was a lucky escape.

“How about I drop you there? The weather doesn’t seem too er..umm..sophisticated”, Suho mumbled.

Chae Yeong smirked as she wrapped her arms around Suho’s neck.

“ Won’t Kim Junmyeon-sshi be late for his party?”

Suho placed his arms around her waist. “ So Mrs. Kim is giving permission?” He raised an eyebrow.

“well, you will be sneaking your way out anyways”, she rolled her eyes.

“That, I would have done”, Suho muttered as he looked upwards pretending to find something interesting on the ceiling above.

“The ceiling is pretty, isn’t it?” Chae Yeong pretended to frown.

“Hmm..It is”, Suho acted as he was not taking notice.

“ Shall we make your sleeping arrangements  on the ceiling,then?”

Suho turned back his face to Chae Yeong and pressed his forehead against hers, “ Join me up there, then?”

“Well, we’ll see what we can do about if after you and I return”, Chae Yeong said as headed to the her closet.

Suho headed for his closet and changed into a befitting outfit.

“Mrs. Kim?”, He called from his closet as soon as he was on the point of fixing his tie.

“Come here”, Mrs.Kim approached him dressed up for work.She buttoned his cuffs , did his tie and helped him with his coat.

“When will Chanyeol return?” he inquired, “Sehun and Kyungsoo are not the type to handle kids, you know”.

“He told me he was coming back by the midnight flight. We should be expecting him by 2am”, was the reply.

“Yixing!!” Suho called his stylist as he got to the door.

Yixing did the finishing touches of Suho’s looks while Chae Yeong went downstairs to check on the kids. Baekyun joined Suho upstairs.

“Shouldn’t you be wearing a bullet proof vest?” Baekhyun questioned.

“Yah, don’t be like your Noona,always too cautious”. Suho groaned.

“Noona has her reasons, hyung”, Sehun appeared at the door.

“Sehun-ah”, Suho was on his final tone,” Put the security up as soon as we are gone”.

Sehun watched his hyung strode away with Baekhyun.

Sehun shook his head. “ Sometimes, I cannot make out his character”.

Yixing clucked disapprovingly.

“ Well, we can expect that his next action would not be anything but trouble”.