Chapter ONE

The Crimson Villa

 No matter whatever your social position might be, let it be social elite or a living hand-to-mouth guy, you cannot avoid the situation of playing with your child at the end of your day. Godfather Kim Junmeyeon was having his moments with his two year old son Daewoon and 4 year old  nephew Minho.

The living room was echoing will the jolly laughter of the children as Suho played horse with them, threw them up in the air and caught them. Baekhyun was sitting at the sofa near the table furiously tapping on his laptop as he responded to the emails.  Sehun had his legs rested over the table with a book propped open on his lap.

And everything was okay till thunder rumbled over the mansion. Poor Daewoon and Minho were terrified and began to cry.

“ Omo, what happened to my little boys now? Did the naughty thunder ahjussi scare you?”Suho coaxed the two children. “Yah, Daewoon ah, Minho-ah, if you cry like this, Omma will scold Appa. Where is she, by the way?”

Suho peered through the glass with two kids on his arms. Thanks to the wild rain and crazy wind, the sights outside where not distinct. However Suho’s vision allowed him to spot a pair of yellow balls approach the mansion which could only imply that his wife had returned.

“Oh Sehun, get the door. Palli. Your Noona’s here”, he snapped at Sehun.

“ Minho-ah, Daewoon-ah, let’s not cry anymore, arasseo? Omma is here”, he kissed the two children who stopped crying at the mention of their mother’s return.

Sehun hurried to the door and opened it to find Chae Yeong dripping head to toe and finding it difficult to move in the storm.

“Noona, come on in”, he held a hand out which she gratefully held onto as the wind tugged on her.

“Komawo” , Chae Yeong said shortly as Sehun let her in and shut the door behind him. She was pretty much out of breath from the battle with the storm blowing outside the mansion.

“Anneyong”, she smiled as she spotted the two children.

Suho let them down from his arms and the kids stumbled to Chae Yeong. Minho got their first being older. Chae Yeong scooped him up and walked to her own son and took him in the other arm.

“How have my little boys been?” she asked planting a kiss on both of their foreheads. Both the children sank their faces into her shoulder and giggled.

“Their cheeks feel wet. Have they been crying?” she inquired.

“Thunder ahjussi frightened them”, Suho replied.

“Anneyonghaseyo”, Chae Yeong greeted Baekhyun.

“Hello Noona”, Baekhyun came forward, “Give the kids to me. You need to freshen up. You both need to actually. Hyung hasn’t changed as well. He’s been playing with the kids ever since he got back.”

“Minho-ah, Daewoon-ah, play with Uncle Baek. Omma will be back”, Chae Yeong said.

Suho patted the boys’ head and left for the bedroom with Chae Yeong.

“Are you tensed about something?” Chae Yeong murmured to her husband when they were out of earshot.

Suho smiled and placed an arm around her, “ I handle such a huge estate, I am fated to all sorts of worries. Sometimes I have to worry about rival merchants, sometimes I gotta worry about employers, sometimes I need to think about my kids and sometimes I need to absorb myself wondering about my wife.”

“Deviating from a proper answer again”, Chae Yeong picked a pair of clothes and headed for the showers.

Suho called at the kitchen via intercom and ordered for some drinks while Chae Young freshened up. He undid his tie and slouched into the couch. He closed his eyes while his mind started debating whether he should tell Chae Yeong about the truth.

Well, of course I need to tell her. But how? How do I tell her so that she will not get frightened? How will I tell her so that her nightmares do not come back? He rubbed his temples.

There was a knock at the door.

“Come in, Kyungsoo”.

Kyungsoo came in with the drinks. “Is there anything else, Sir?”

Suho shook his head so Kyungsoo left.  Suho took a sip.

Meanwhile Chae Yeong emerged from the bathroom.She took a seat next to Suho.

An awkward silence prevailed in the room till Chae Yeong prompted the conversation.

“So like every other day, I was conducting a post mortem on some bodies and one of them happened to be of lawyer Kim Heechul.”

Suho coughed on his drink. He put down his glass and faced his wife while trying to control the coughing.

“Bulldog Brothers are back lurking in town, aren’t they?”, Chae Yeong’s eyes gleamed.” Should we change the name of our house from “The White Palace” to “The Crimson Villa”?”