Chapter TWO

The Crimson Villa

Two years ago, Suho’s company was being dragged down by Bureaucrats. The whole empire was on the verge of ruins. Bankruptcy emerged at an epidemic level. Workers began revolting suspecting Suho as the centre of exploitation. Fury broke out. 5 factories were destroyed by the abandonment of workers and infiltration of the enemy.

That’s when Attorney Cho Kyuhyun stepped into the picture. Suho read about the young attorney’s success going on rampage when it came to achieving justice.

“Baekhyun, we need to get Attorney Cho onto our case. Manage an appointment somehow”. Suho urged as he looked at the TV screen to find a confident young man being interrogated.

Baekhyun dialed on his number and looked gloomy. “Hyung, his secretary said that he left early today. Will not be available till Monday. He’s gone to spend some time with his fiancée .“

“Aish..what kind of timing does he have?” Suho slammed his coffee cup in anger. Glass flew in the air, not to forget the cut in his hand.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Sehun appeared at the office door.

Suho turned his face away without replying.

“ He wanted to employ Cho Kyuhyun for our defence but… Kyuhyun-sshi appears to be unavailable for the weekend. His secretary said that he was going to spend the weekend at his fiancée’s.” Baekyun explained the crisis.

“Yeah, I know.  Chae Yeong Sunbaenim isn’t doing well.  She’s got major Anemia. The hospital’s administered her to bed rest “. Sehun informed.

Suho brightened. “ You know his girlfriend?”

“Yeah-“

“Take us to her place, Sehun. We gotta save the empire before more families are ruined,” Suho pressed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

“….. I am sorry to come without notice like this but the trial is on the upcoming Tuesday. Please help us”, Suho bowed to Attorney Kyuhyun and Chae Yeong.

“Junmeyeon, you were my hoobae at high school, you do not have to beg like that, especially when you are not at fault. I was telling Chae Yeong the other day that you were incurring loss from conspiracy.” Kyuhyun said. “ I am sure including me, all the Attorney Hyungs of “Junior’s Criminal Code Agency” will come forward to help your company. However, you need to be fully honest with me. You cannot send me to defence while I have loopholes about you. Let’s go to my office room and talk about this matter…”

 

And so, Kyuhyun defended Suho’s company, sued all the involved parties. Suho’s company earned huge ransoms from the rivals and was his business was expanded.

“Hyung, I do not know how to repay you,” Suho mumbled humbly.

“There is a way to repay me, Junmeyeon”, Kyuhyun said as he looked out of the window.

“Tell me, hyung”.

“ If anything happens to me, take care of Chae Yeong.” Kyuhyun turned to face Suho. The sunset was falling on his face, but Suho could make out Kyuhyun’s  determined and urgent gaze.

“Are you expecting something,hyung?”

“I have surpassed limits. I sued the Bulldog Brothers which is a conglomerate of bureaucrats. It’s guaranteed that all of us of my agency have their lives at stake. Today or tomorrow they will be coming to get me. If I am next to Chae Yeong, imagine what they will do to her to ruin her.. Junmeyeon, admit it, you like her, don’t you?”

“Hyung-“

“I saw you restrain yourself from going close to her.. this is your chance, my brother, take her hand, the hand I have to let go for her sake.” Kyuhyun placed a hand over Suho’s shoulder.” I am giving her to you because I know you are the only one who can protect her from those monsters. Please Suho..”

 

Memories were flooding Suho’s minds. He shook his head to find himself at the present with Chae Yeong seated in front of him. Chae Yeong, the person whom Kyuhyun Hyung had given away to him. Chae Yeong who had the horrible fate of having her beloved Kyuhyun dying with his head on her lap, bathed in blood .