You're Mine Now, Anyway

We Were Only Strangers

 

***

Okay. I didn't know anything about this place, really. It was supposed to be my lazy day and I can just do some random things I wanted. Moreover, my friends was going to put me in a conference chat on a messenger that was popular these days right before my mom yelled my name out loud—and I was sure my neighbor’s neighbor could at least barely heard it—and gave me a task. This task.

 

***

Flashback

 

I opened my twitter and tumblr. Well, well, what do we have here? Hmm, eh? A new boy-band? I should check it out.
 

You got a messa-ji~
 

It was a pretty catchy song. Wait, who did the first rap part? The red-haired one, he looked fine. I should go ask my friends.
 

Hey, hey. Did you watch MYNAME's song MV? Do you know the red-haired one's name?
 

While waiting for my friends to reply, maybe it's a good idea to make this song as my messwait, someone replied!
 

Oh, hi!..and yep! His name's Seyong. Do you want to join our little chat? I'll invite you to the conference, ok?
 

Less than five minutes after that, I got a message. I got a messa-ji.
 

Tintabeljo would like to add you in a conference.
 

I hovered my mouse pointer to the Allow button. Just in one click and I'd be in a fan-girl world... and... my mom yelled my name.
 

Trina! Trina-yah!”
 

My mom came into my room. She dressed herself properly. I guess she was going somewhere.
 

Ne, eomma,” I said and tried to distract myself from the computer screen. It was really hard, really, because the wallpaper was so irresistible.
 

Can you do a favor for me?” she asked me.
 

I nodded instead of answering with a 'yes'.
 

Good. Now go to Woolim High and bring this with you,” she said as she handed a box. “Yesterday I met someone and we had a really good time. I didn't know she is actually a good friend. I want you to give this to her son who goes to Woolim High.”
 

And his name is?” I asked her and took the box. I wonder what was inside the box.
 

My mom put an emotionless face. I would mind if she said she didn't know his na—
 

I don't know,” she answered innocently. I threw my hand to my face. “Just look for a student in the 3rd grade.”
 

My mom walked out. I sighed hard after she left. Suddenly she came back.
 

Do it or else I won't let you watch the concert next week and no internet for you.” she said and glared at me.
 

It wasn't the glare, her threat scared me.

 

***

 

I shall ask someone first. Honestly I wasn't not really confident with this thing. I sighed and keep walking.
 

I spotted three girls walking so I approached them—and I hoped they weren't the queenkas or I'd be dead—.
 

“Um, excuse me, may I know where's the 3rd graders' class?” I asked and making eye contacts with neither of them.
 

One of them pushed the other one to the front so she became the closest to me while I could see the two were chatting. I could hear some 'is she a new kid?'. No, miss. I don't go to school on Saturdays so I wouldn't ever go to this school.
 

“It's right there,” she pointed on a class.
 

I blinked. It was easier than I thought.
 

“Ah, thank you.” I replied and smiled at her. I didn't forget to bow a little then I left.
 

I walked to the class nervously. Seriously, how could I do this like this? I didn't know his name, his face, and anything else. I didn't even know his surname! Mom should've mentioned her friend's name before.
 

I saw a boy walking from the class. I quickly walked to him. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around to see who was tapping his shoulder without permission I guess.
 

I didn't know how to say this thing.
 

“Excuse me, but, by any chance did your mother just met a new friend yesterday? Sorry this is kinda lame but she asked me to deliver this to her new friend's son and he goes to this school and he's 3rd grader,” I said as I showed him the box. This might be the most random conversation I've ever had.
 

Seemed that he was confused.
 

“No,but— ah, I think yes,” he said and smirked.
 

It wasn't really bad to come here. I guess I just found a pretty boy here. Damn, he was too irresistible! His eyes were shining, his hair looked so soft, his milky skin seemed well-treated. I wondered how it feels to touch them.
 

“Okay. Now take this. If it's not you then you can give it to the right person since I know nothing here, okay? Bye,” I quickly turned around and left.

 

Something stopped me.

 

“Wait, in case I'm not the person maybe we could exchange our numbers so it'll be easier for you to tell me who's the real one. I know you'd be lazy to come here next Saturday,” he said.
 

You know me well!
 

I cleared my throat.
 

“Okay.” I tried to be cool as possible and took out my phone.

I said my number slowly and so did he.
 

“What's your name?” he asked me.
 

“Trina. You?”
 

Just put it as 'L',” he said. L? I glanced at him with a questioning face. He took my phone and typed 'L'. “Just L,”
 

“Your real name?”

 

Sort of. My real nickname,” he said and smirked before he actually left.

 

***

 

Ever since that day I became closer and closer to that freakin' handsome, gorgeous, and multi-talented person named L. Thanks to my mom. Thanks to her that I realized something about me. I liked him. I liked L. At first I thought it was just some kind of admiring someone because they were too beautiful or something but it wasn't like that.
 

It was Saturday. Guess what? Saturday-task. It was the way we, me and my mom, called my task to deliver something to L. Somehow it sounded fun to me but actually it wasn't. The only good thing I got was meeting L. Well, L was more than enough so I could consider the Saturday-task as a good thing to do.
 

I was in front of his class and looked around carefully so I could spot L. They were still having a class. Suddenly I felt a finger poked my cheek from behind.
 

“What are you doing here?” he aked.
 

I raised my eyebrows.
 

“Isn't it obvious?” I said as I showed him the Saturday-task's item.
 

“I mean, it's not lunch time yet. Usually you go here on lunch time,”
 

“So?” I asked in a long tone.
 

He put a 'never mind' face and entered the class. Wait, where were he before? Nah, toilet was the biggest possibility.
 

I stood up near the class to wait for the bell to ring. Sometimes I sat on the bench around there but I got bored fast so I walked to some random directions.
 

The bell rang. He came out of the class first and approached me.
 

“You waited?” he asked.
 

I nodded and gave him the thing. I waved my hand for a good-bye sign but he grabbed my wrist.
 

Thump, thump, thump. Oh my god, one touch and you made my heart so noisy!
 

“Trina?”
 

“Um, yes? Can I help you?” I asked while trying to keep my heart safe in its place because it felt like it would jump on any time.
 

You know, it's been a while since we first knew each other so I think this is the time,” he said with a serious face. My face was like 'yeah, so?' but my heart was jumping like crazy. Is he going to confess? Nah, he wo—


 

“I like you,”

 

A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. A. H. A. Hahaha. Everything stopped. I could feel the wind was blowing my hair a little bit earlier but now it stopped. Everything stayed in place. It was more like an exaggerated way of slow motion.
 

“Did you hear me? Not gonna say it twice,” he smirked.
 

I could feel my cheeks turning red and hot. I put my hands on my cheeks and yes, it was hot.
 

“Y-yah, say it again. I need to confirm my hearing,” I said and trying to calm myself down.
 

I didn't feel like smiling but I think I was smiling like a fool. He sighed and started to open his mouth. I was beginning to guess what would come out from that mouth.
 

“I like you, babo-yah,” he said as his cheeks became a little red.
 

“Um, then, I guess... I like you too,”

I felt like typing randomly, no, keyboard-smashing but my hands were too weak to reach my cellphone in my pocket. I thought I couldn't keep my heart safe and I looked like a fool.
 

He rubbed the back of his neck shyly.
 

“Then, am I your boyfriend now?” he asked.
 

If shyness and embarrassment didn't exist, at least in me, I would've said something confidently but unfortunately those feeling lived in me.
 

“You decide,”
 

He pecked my cheek quickly and smiled, no, smirked. Wait, what did he do? I couldn't understand a single thing in my mind under this feelings. Even everything in my mind was blurred. My face was heating up and it was red like an apple.
 

“I think I am,” he smiled. “I need to go now. Do you mind if you go back here at 4 o'clock? I want to spend my time with you more often,”
 

I nodded before he smiled and actually left.


 

***

 

I was home and my mom was cooking something. Weird, she never cooked anything before.
 

“Eomma, you cook?” I asked her.
 

“You underestimate me. Mrs. Lee just gave me a recipe book so I should try it,”
 

I nodded and thought something. So it was 'Lee'. Then 'L' is the short for 'Lee'? Nevermind.
 

“So,” my mom started to build a new conversation. Her tone sounded so fishy. “Are you now dating with Mrs. Lee's son?”
 

I froze in place. How could... oh, maybe she was just teasing me.
 

“No,” I lied. Sorry L I didn't mean to.
 

My mom put a disappointed face after I answered as she cooked. Feeling bored, I left and went to my room to take a good nap until 4 o'clock, if I could.

 

 

***

 

It was three-thirty and I really slept for that long. Usually girls couldn't sleep after the person they liked confessed. Maybe it didn't apply to an afternoon nap.
 

I got myself prepared and went to Woolim high. As soon as I got there, I waited on the bench in front of the building.
 

Trina, hi,” someone greeted me. It was my boyfriend. Yes, boyfriend. Now I have the right to say that.
 

“Oh, hi. So where do you want to go?” I asked him after I waved.
 

“Going already? I just wanted us to spent some time together,” he said.
 

He sat beside me and wrapped his arm on my shoulders. I must be new to this thing because my heart still skipped a beat.
 

“L, if your surname is Lee then—“
 

“What? I'm not Lee. It's Kim. Kim Myungsoo,” he stated.
 

Did I miss something?
 

“Wait, my mom called her friend as 'Mrs. Lee' then you should be 'Lee' too,”
 

I started to notice something that was going on here.
 

“What if I'm not? Don't worry, I always give that box to the right person. His name is Lee Sungyeol,” he smirked at me.
 

“So, you are not.. um,”
 

So the person I met every Saturday was not Mrs. Lee's son? It was a stranger named L.
 

You didn't know?” a smirk crept on his face.

 

 

Jaw-dropping, he made me did it. I shook my head in confusion. Why was I all confused in front of L?
 

He chuckled in amusment on my reaction. Did he think I was funny?
 

“You never tell,” I complained.
 

“You never ask,” he smirked on me. “Never mind. From now on give those Saturday-task thingy directly to Sungyeol. I can help you since I'm a friend of him. I don't need to worry anymore, you're mine now anyway,”

 

 

His hand moved from my shoulder to my cheek and kissed me there.

 

***

 

 

SUNGYEOLISCOMING!