Everyone Hates You

Fortune

While Beakhyun took his daily afternoon walk in the garden, Kyungsoo spotted him and called his name.

"Ah, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun greeted him. "Hello, how are you?"

"I heard you're living in the mansion now?"

"Well, yes, I do." He was taken aback by this. He didn't really know how quickly gossip spread among his employees since he was never involved in it.

"Wow, aren't you spoiled?" the gardener laughed. "You're really enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Well, I don't really mind where I'm living, but sajang- I mean, Joonmyun insisted."

"Joonmyun?" Kyungsoo rose an eyebrow. "You two got pretty close, huh?"

"I wouldn't say that..." Baekhyun shrugged. "But he said he'd pay for me to go back to school. I just have to get a GED and I'll be off to uni."

"Wow.... you're really fortunate, huh."

Baekhyun was about to protest, but he realized that everything he was receiving was really generous. "I guess I am... I'm very grateful, I can't believe Joonmyun is really doing all this just because I saw him in the pool, really."

"Well, make sure you stay this humble later on," Kyungsoo warned. "Don't think you're some hotshot because you have money now. Everyone here already hates you," and with that, Kyungsoo walked away and returned to working.

Baekhyun was shocked. Of course he knew already, but no one ever told him so bluntly that way.

He shook his head, with tears in his eyes, telling himself not to cry. "It's not like it's not true." Taking a deep breath, he remembered what Kyungsoo said, to stay humble. Not that it would be so hard for someone like Baekhyun, right?

 


 

Baekhyun lay in his bed, bored. He'd cleaned and organized all this things, cleaned the bathroom, dusted the whole room, and it wasn't much at all. He didn't know what to do at all.

"Maybe I'll go to the library." He looked at his watch and nodded. He grabbed his bag and walked outside the room and headed towards the door when he ran into Joonmyun again.

"Baekhyun, hi! How are you? You like your new room?"

"Yeah, it's really comfortable. But I have nothing to do, so I think I'll head out and go to the library."

"Ah, you don't have to go out." Joonmyun motioned for him to come with him. "I have my own library here, I'll take you there."

They walked into a big room with rows and rows of bookshelves. In the middle of the house, there were two couches facing each other and between them a table.

"I have a lot of books here, but I don't read often so I don't have any recomendations for you." He laughed.

Baekhyun looked around in amazement. "I don't think I will need to worry about being bored anymore," he laughed. "I'll be in here quite often."

"I'm glad someone can enjoy it." Joonmyun nodded and left the room.

Baekhyun dropped his bag next to one of the couches and started looking through the books. Every genre one could think of, they could find.

He wasn't sure what he felt like reading, so he decided to look for classic literature, since it was a genre he never tried before. He came across many old poems and decided to try reading some. Little did he know, hours had passed and he nearly missed dinner.

"Baekhyun," Joonmyun called. "Dinner has been ready for quite some time, do you want to join us?"

"Oh, of course." He laughed. He didn't realize how much time had passed.

"Well, I'm glad you're enjoying your book." He smiled at him then motioned for them to exit the room. Baekhyun followed him out.