Rescue

Fortune

Byun Baekhyun. Ah, yes, that name can bring up various images. You might remember the days where he seemed out of control, but if you would follow his actions now, you would know about the peaceful lifestyle he is leading. But many people have long forgotten why exactly he became so popular. What many people don't know that it was only a of luck...

 

It started one summer, a few years ago, at the home of Kim Joonmyun. He comes from a family of money, the kind that doesn't have to work. He'll never run out of money if he tried, his family is that rich.

Like I said, Jonnmyun never worked. He had everyone to do work for him. Maids, gardeners, chefs, a butler...

He had money to throw around, and one person did not have multiple jobs. They were all specialists, see. So, even if the gardeners and landscapers all had the ability to clean the pools and hot tubs themselves, they didn't. Because Joonmyun made sure he hired the most skilled in that field. And that happened to be the popular Byun Baekhyun.

Of course, Baekhyun wasn't very popular at the time. In fact, he was the laughing stock at the Kim estate. He was paid the least of everyone, and he had to lowest job. Cleaning a pool? Anyone could do that! His job was nearly insignificant.

But Byun Baekhyun wasn't the kind of person who would let the snickering of the gardeners and the teasing of the maids get to him. He was proud of working for Kim Joonmyun. His father worked for the Kim family as a pool cleaner too. When he was a child, he would tell him, "One day, you can live in a place like this. You can live a life of luxury. In order to do that, you have to get close to people like this, and you have to work hard. One day, you may recieve an reward."

Of course, his father was not expecting poor Baek to be a pool cleaner. He had saved up money for his son to attend college, as his son was aspiring to become a hotel manager. His sudden death during Baek's second year of highschool, however, caused the boy to drop out and start working early. Once Joonmyun moved into his own mansion, Baekhyun worked for him.

Joonmyun was the kind to party nearly every day of the spring and summer, seasons where Baek worked the most. The pool had to be cleaned every morning as many people would inhabit it during the evening. Joonmyun would also swim every morning, his way of keeping in shape. It was one summer morning when Baekhyun would see Joonmyun struggling in the pool.

Baekhyun had woken up at 5am, like every morning, and headed to the pool. That was his job- clean the pool before you even think of using the bathroom, eating breakfast, or even streatching. That was what he was told. He had to clean the pool before Joonmyun woke up.

Little did he know that Joonmyun had trouble sleeping that night and got up to take a swim.

Baekhyun walked outside of his dorm. Yeah, the workers had a dorm they all shared. He smiled seeing the sunrise. "Today will be a good day." He said this every morning, but little did he know the fortune he would encounter.

Well, at the moment, it didn't appear very fortunate. Baekhyun made his way to the pool and examined it. He had to make sure there was no one in there. But he saw a floating object that resembled a human, but because he couldn't make it out in the semi-dark, he prayed his eyes were deceiving him.

"Oh, God, please don't be a person..."

He walked over to the figure and pulled it out. Yes, it was a person. He couldn't see exactly who he was, but he could tell he was unconcious.

"This isn't good..." Baekhyun took deep breaths to keep calm while searching for his phone... that he didn't have on him!!

"Dammit." Although he was frustrated, he knew he would have to call 119 later. Right now, this man needed air.

After a few pumps on his chest, the man still wouldn't take a breath. As afraid the poor pool cleaner was, he decided he wouldn't leave the man until he would breathe. So he would also need to perform mouth to mouth.

Fortunately, after a minute of this pattern, the man took a breath. "Thank God," the boy said.

The man coughed up some water and panted. He made a sound as if attempting to speak.

"Don't say anything, sir, just rest. I'll make sure an ambulance comes."

He ran onto the porch and picked up the phone. "Please send an ambulance right away! I'm at the Joonmyun estate. Someone nearly drowned, he needs help. Yes, I performed CPR, he's concious now. Thank you."

He ran over to the man again. The sun had come up higher in the sky, and Baekhyun could now see the poor man's face.

"Mr. Kim?"

Still panting, the estate's owner looked up at Baek, then back down.

Oh my God, I had no idea it was him.

He lifted his boss' head and let it rest in his lap, hoping to give him comfort. "Don't worry, sir. An ambulance will be on it's way. You'll be okay."