fin

after you
Please log in to read the full chapter

“tell me about him” joshua said one night. they were just sitting on the couch watching a random drama of jeonghan’s choice, not exactly cuddling but still stuck together. at first jeonghan had no idea as to what his lover was talking about, but the realization started to build and jeonghan decided to remain silent.

“jeonghan.”

the long-haired boy feigned cluelessness, “i don’t know what you’re talking about jisoo.”

joshua looked at him with disbelief and with a huff said, “you know what i mean. tell me about him, about choi seungcheol.”

jeonghan turned towards the window, “you know i don’t like talking about him.” the scenery outside looked peaceful just like any other day. jeonghan saw kids running towards the cute little ice cream parlor down the street which was run by two of their friends.

he never knew how soonyoung managed to convince grumpy, child-hater jihoon into opening one–although the latter did admit to wanting children one day. luckily the store was a huge success locally and they managed to pay off most of their loans within the first few years. he can still remember them fighting over the shop a year before the opening. sometimes jeonghan feared that they would split up due to their differences over the it, but somehow they managed to pull through.

in their friend’s eyes, jeonghan and jisoo were the perfect couple. they complemented each other so well, they knew everything about each other, they always had an intuition as to what the other was doing and how they were feeling. at the same time, jisoo and their friends knew about jeonghan’s past lover, what others would describe as perfect. but jeonghan never called seungcheol a lover because, well, they never had that chance.

they all knew jeonghan loved seungcheol deeply, immensely, and recklessly, but none of them knew the true story. jeonghan only met the rest of the guys a few months after seungcheol’s passing, when he was drowned in depression and grief. it was when he moved away from his small hometown that he met seokmin aka the ray of sunshine. seokmin was exactly the person he needed to overcome the gigantic hurdle that was the loss of choi seungcheol.

they knew jeonghan never really talked about him because it was just too painful, and they were afraid to push him over the edge. it wasn’t until hong jisoo came into the picture that jeonghan got over him and was truly happy again, and jeonghan didn’t want to ruin his–no, their happiness by sharing his past with seungcheol.

in all honesty, jeonghan wasn’t so sure what he was so afraid of by telling their story. he wasn’t ashamed of seungcheol at all, but there was just something holding him back from sharing. it was like the love he experienced was a fairytale meant for only the two of them.

joshua slowly rubbed jeonghan's arm, “i know you don’t… but i still would like to know about him.”

jeonghan still didn’t turn to face him. “why?”

joshua looked out the window as well and softly said, “because he’s a part of you. a part of you and your life that i don’t know about.”

jeonghan simply whispered, “i’ll probably end up crying.” but jisoo just giggled softly and pulled jeonghan closer, moving his head so that he was settled into jisoo’s shoulder.

“that’s okay,” joshua smiled, “i just wanna know.”

so jeonghan snuggled further into jisoo’s warm and comforting chest and began.

he talked about how in the beginning, he was only in it for the money and as soon as he met the choi seungcheol he wanted to run

Please log in to read the full chapter