Chapter 3

Written on My Wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon stared at her wrist in shock.

“What? What is it?” Seohyun asked. In response Taeyeon pulled back her sleeves and showed her the names written on her wrist. Seohyun gasped in shock as she took in the names.

“Lee Onew is one of the names?” She asked in shock.

“Yes and going by the first impressions it’s not going to be an easy year. But on the plus side; I’ve found the other person as well.” Taeyeon beamed.

“Aaah Byun Baekhyun?” Seohyun asked. Taeyeon nodded happily as she grinned.

“You know him?”

“No but I’ve heard a lot about both of them. Byun Baekhyun is basically a golden boy, good appearance, good personality, good grades so he doesn’t seem to have any faults. Lee Onew on the other hand is a completely different story. The guy is basically a genius, but he doesn’t seem very friendly, keeps to himself but surprisingly he has a fiancé.” Seohyun rattled off.

“A fiancé?” Taeyeon asked in shock, “You’re kidding right? How?”

“Well I think it’s an arranged marriage between businesses but I’ll have to ask my parents, they’re close with Onew’s parents company.”

“What’s the company’s name?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Lee Electronics.”

“Seriously? My family have been to parties at the invitation of that family but I haven’t ever seen him at one.” Seohyun shrugged and replied:

“Like I said, he isn’t a very social person so you probably wouldn’t see him at many parties anyway.” Taeyeon was about to interrogate her further when Baekhyun came bouncing up to her.

“Hey Taeyeon! Ready to go?” He asked. Taeyeon smiled at his eager expression.

“Sure! Seohyun I’ll see you later okay?” Taeyeon waved at her.

“Of course! Let me give you my phone number though!” Seohyun quickly scribbled her number down on a piece of paper before handing it to Taeyeon. Taeyeon quickly dialled it into her phone and rung Seohyun.

“I’ll catch you later?” Seohyun nodded and headed off to where Yonghwa was waiting for her. Taeyeon went back up to Baekhyun who smiled and asked:

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah, let’s go!” Taeyeon grinned at him happily. Baekhyun led the way across the campus while the sun shone brightly in the perfect, clear blue sky. Baekhyun led them to a quiet, quaint cafe and ordered coffee and cake for the both of them.

“A little early for coffee isn’t it?” Taeyeon joked as they sat down.

“Well you can never beat coffee and cake together and this place has the best chocolate cake I’ve ever eaten.” Baekhyun replied as he passed her a slice of cake.

“So where are you from Taeyeon?”

“I’m from Jeonju in Jeolla. What about you?”

“I’m from Bucheon. I miss home a little but there are some things that make it better.” Baekhyun smiled at Taeyeon.

“I bet. This cake is really good by the way!” Taeyeon grinned at him as she took another bite of the cake.

“If you like this place there’s an amazing place in town that does the best macaroons.”

“Really? They’re my favourite!” Taeyeon’s eyes lit up at the mention of macaroons.

“We have to go then!” Baekhyun replied happily, “How does this weekend sound?”

“That sounds great! What time do you want to go?” Taeyeon asked.

“How about early in the morning then I can show you the other places too!” Baekhyun said excitedly.

“That sounds great!”

“Awesome! This-“ Baekhyun’s phone started to ring and he picked it up. His eyebrows immediately furrowed and he looked concerned.

“Alright I’ll be there,” He put the phone down and turned to Taeyeon.

“I’m really sorry there’s something I need to deal with right now. I really need to go.” He said, disappointment clouding his face.

“No it’s okay, I’ll see you tomorrow! Bye!” Taeyeon waved goodbye as he headed out of the coffee shop. Taeyeon decided to stay in the shop and read with her coffee and cake. She dug into her bag and took out a book titled ‘Masked Circus of Dreams’ and started reading. She lost herself in the book and ignored her surroundings; only stopping occasionally to get another drink. People came in and out of the coffee-shop but she pushed it all from her mind and ignored them.

The only time it broke her concentration was when a couple came in with the girl clinging onto the guys arm.

“Oppa,” Taeyeon cringed at the aegyo, “Buy me a coffee!” Taeyeon heard the guy sigh and reply:

“Sure, get what you want.”

“Thanks oppa you’re the best!”

“Whatever just don’t call me oppa.” The guy grumbled. The girl ordered her drinks and some cakes before asking it to be brought to her table.

“Oppa!” The girl whined loudly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter