Chapter 1

Written on My Wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day of Taeyeon’s first year at university. It was no secret amongst her classmates even before she arrived that she was an exceptionally gifted student. There was a lot of gossip bouncing around the corridors about the girl who had received no less than 5 scholarships from the most prestigious universities in the country but she chose to attend ‘The International University of Excellence.’

The International University of Excellence was world renown for it’s excellent teaching, amazing campus and high-achieving students. Only the best and the brightest got into the university. Luckily Taeyeon was one of them. Her bright eyes scanned the campus as she stepped inside the large campus the university owned. The campus was one of the largest and most hi-tech in the world. There was everything a student could want in a campus and much more. Top-of-the-range sports equipment, a library to rival every book-worms dream and all other kinds of cafes and restaurants.

It felt like a dream to Taeyeon as she walked through the glorious green campus and its beautiful gardens with flowers of every colour blossoming in the bushes. Taeyeon’s backpack hung over one of her shoulders as she walked through the gardens admiring the plants. The sun was shining down on her back and she made her way inside the main building.

Taeyeon started to feel a little nervous and her heart rate picked up slightly at the sight of all the students roaming around her. She gripped the strap of her bag a little tightly as she began to make her way slowly to class before she realised she had no idea where she was going. She looked quickly either side for a sign that would direct her but she couldn’t find anything.

“Excuse me are you lost?” A kind voice said. Taeyeon turned around to see a tall, pretty girl with an innocent face looking at her.

“Yes I am. I’m looking for the Business Studies classroom?” Taeyeon answered quietly.

“Oh! That’s right next to mine, would you like me to you there?” She asked, curling up in a smile.

“Yes please.” Taeyeon nodded. As they walked by the two girls started to talk.

“By the way my name is Seo Joohyun, but everyone calls me Seohyun.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Taeyeon.”

“Nice to meet you too. Is it your first day here?” Seohyun asked.

“Yes and you? You look quite young if you don’t mind me saying.” Seohyun just let out a light laugh.

“I get that quite a lot but I am in the same year as you. Thank you but you look quite young too.”

“Thanks. What course are you taking?” Taeyeon asked.

“English Literature.” Seohyun replied. The two girls carried on talking getting acquainted with each other until Seohyun came to a stop.

“This is my class, yours is directly opposite.” She pointed across the hallway to a classroom.

“Thank you!” Taeyeon smiled warmly. Seohyun smiled and they both waved each other goodbye before heading into their classrooms. As Seohyun waved Taeyeon caught a glimpse of the underside of her wrist. She didn’t mean to be nosy it was just a curiosity that always crept up when she met new people. It wasn’t uncommon either; groups of friends would share the names on their wrist as a sign that they trusted the people around them.

As she walked into the classroom she found a less formal setting than that which she expected. Instead of rows upon rows of chairs and desks she found the desks empty and the chairs arranged in a number of circles in the wide open area in the front of the classroom. Several people were already sat down. Taeyeon took a seat in one of the empty circles and fiddled with her nails nervously as more people sat down. The circle she was sat in started to fill up but she kept her head down and started to chew on her lip.

“Your lip will start bleeding if you do that.” A male voice said. Taeyeon looked up to see a cute boy smiling at her. She smiled nervously at him.

“Sorry I’m just nervous.” She said quietly before averting her eyes to the floor. If the boy wanted to talk he did not push her anymore and Taeyeon was grateful. Once all the seats were full the teacher stood at the front of the class and cleared his throat.

“Welcome to Business Studies. I decided to have more of a social lesson for the first lesson of the term. So firstly I want you guys to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter