Hello Lady Hyo Rin~

Hot Chocolate Love

With my things in Korea, and Lady Hyo Rin's things here in Toronto, I was now on a plane to France. There I would meet up with Lady Hyo Rin herself to talk about the ways to run eachother's shops. This would be such an odd experience for me, but it was something that the job required. It was fine with me though, I get to travel and see new places. I just hope Lady Hyo Rin likes me, that way she will feel better about leaving her precious shop in my hands. I also hope she will take good care of my shop, and my employees. They were like my family after all.  Gosh, I really know nothing about her shop. I guess I'll just have to wait until we meet up in Lord Peter's Sweet Treats in Paris.  I must have fallen asleep in the plane, because the next thing I realize is that we are landing in France. I look at the man sitting beside me, and ask 

"Excuse me sir, but would you happen to know the time?"  You see I never wear a watch because they annoy me to no end. 

"A quarter to 2." replied the man. I smile and thank him.

This means I have a little over an hour to get to the bakery where I was to meet Lady Hyo Rin. I decided that I'll catch a cab to the bakery leave my carry one with Lord Peter and go sightseeing for a bit. The shop wasn't that far off from the airport so it wouldn't be a problem. I spoke French very fluent being Canadian and all.  We soon were let off the plane and left to our own devices in France. I quickly hailed a cab and tol the drive where to go. The Sweet Treats of Paris. No more than 20 minutes later did we arrive. I paid the driver and went into the cure little shop. 

"MADEMOISELLE PUPPET!!! YOU'RE HERE!! IN PARIS!!" was the first thing I heard walking into the store in French. 

"Lord Peter! It's been a while since I've last seen you! How is everything?" I replied laughing lightly.

He engulfed me in a warm hug before pulling me into the kitchen to continue chatting.

"Everything is perfect here in Paris! How is Toronto? I am sure you miss your shop." he said sympatheticly. He was most probably recalling the last Sweet Treats Switch, where he was moved from London to Paris. I wasn't working for them yet but he had told me about it when we first met. 

"A bit, yes, but that's okay because I know Toronto will only get better with Lady Hyo Rin." I say smiling slightly.  "Plus a big part of why I choose to work for Sweet Treats was the opportunity to travel. I get to learn to make pastries from around the world!"

"That's one way to look at. Toronto and Seoul also get get new pastries to try and love. I love how optimistic you are Puppet!" said Lord Peter with a smile.  "Puppet, have you had the Royal French Breakfast? It's quite popular."

"No I haven't, but I think I'll wait for Lady Hyo Rin to try it." I say. "Hey, would you mind holding my knapsack, and making me a big cup of your famous coffee to-go so I can take a few pictures of Paris before my meeting?" 

"Sure thing Puppet. Come with me, we'll put your bag back in the kitchen, and I'll make a nice big cup of coffee." he said with a smile.

He led me into the kitchen, put my knapsack by the door next to a few others. Mine stood out the most though. It was a normal black knapsack, sure, but mine was covered in neon paint, iron on stickers, and it had attached to it my collection of cute key chains. It honestly looked like it belonged to a middle schooler, but it expressed who I was at heart, a little kid. 

"You know, your bag should belong to a little girl." Lord Peter said amused.

"Yeah, but I decorated it myself. It expresses me, just like my pastries do." I reply with a smile.

He just shook his head and laughed. Then he moved to the coffee maker and get to work making my coffee. I walk over to my knapsack, grab my iPhone and my camera. It's a Nikon D3000, and it's my prize possession.

"Whoa. Puppet, snazzy camera you got there. How much did that baby cost?" Lord Peter said amazed I had such a professional camera. 

"The price isn't important. I like to travel, so I need a good camera. This camera is my baby, well this and my laptop. I worked hard to get them." I shrugged. 

He whistled, but nodded understanding what I meant. I plugged my earbuds into my iPhone, and went through my music playlists looking for the one labeled Alternative. Once I found it I clicked shuffle but kept it paused, and put on my earbuds. I then hung my camera around my neck and waited for my coffee.

"And here we go! One large White Mocha Mint Cappuccino to-go!" announced Lord Peter handing the large cup to me with a warm smile on his face.

"Thank you! Now I wanna get some pictures before I go so I'll be off. Call me when Lady Hyo Rin get here okay?" I say, then take a sip of the hot heavenly drink. 

"No problem! Now go and have fun! Don't worry I'll call you." Lord Peter said shooing me out of the door.

I leave laughing, and press play on my playlist. The lovely voice of Hayley Williams enters my ears, as I make my way out into the streets of Paris. I tell myself not to go far, because my klutzy, directional challenged self will get lost. I see a few locals sitting at the tables outside of the Sweet Treats Café enjoying themselves. I quickly back away a bit snapping a few pictures of them laughing and enjoying, while still catching the sign saying the name. 

"Excuse me. I took some pictures of you for the Sweet Treats website, I do hope that's okay with you. I can delete them if you wouldn't like me to use them." I say easily to the couple in French.

They simply smile and said that they had no problem with it and couldn't wait until they saw their pictures on the website.  After that I continued taking pictures of shops, people, and streets. Until around 3:30pm when Lord Peter called me to come back to the shop.  When I made my way back I saw a rather tall, pretty Korean woman at the counter speaking with Lord Peter. It seems he know Korean, because when I approached them I had no clue what they were saying. 

"Ahh! There she is! Lady Hyo Rin this is Lady Puppet of Toronto. Puppet This is Lady Hyo Rin of Seoul. I'll translate for both of you since you don't speak Korean Puppet." said Lord Peter.

I think he repeated everything to Lady Hyo Rin, because she rolled her eyes, gave me a warm smile and said: "I speak English Peter. I can handle this meeting. Just got get us Royal French Breakfasts. Even if it's almost 4 in the afternoon." She laughed.  "Come, it's a nice day, let's sit outside, hmm?" 

"Oh, umm, sure!" I said. 

"Lady Puppet, how old are you? You look really young.." said Lady Hyo Rin as soon as we were settled at out table. 

"My age? Oh, I'm 23. Why? How old do I look?" I ask curiously. Everyone always tells me I look young but never tells me how old I look.

"21?! Wow!! I thought you were 15 at most!!" she exclaimed.

"Haha.. Really? Well I am small for my age...." I said laughing.

"Wow. I mean your still pretty young, but wow you have quite a baby face on you. Take care of it." Lady Hyo Rin says wisely.  "I'm 30 by the way."

"Oh! Then you don't have to call me Lady Puppet. Just Puppet okay?" I said with a smile. 

"Sure. Now straight to the point now. My shop is really rather popular with Korean Idols. I'd like you to keep that in mind. There are some that are pretty normal, but there are some others are are always stressed so please try to treat them as normal people. They absolutely love that." she starts explaining about her shop.  "Now they love their fans, but in my shop I don't like them to be pestered. So I had the kitchen be opened so I can see everything that is happening. Use that to your advantage to keep an eye on the fans. The Idols will send distress looks at you when they need help." 

"Okay. Anything other warnings?" I ask concerned.

"Well, I like to sometimes go out and serve and interact with the customers, and the Idols, and you knowing English so well they will most likely become fast friends with you. No, they will not be using you to better themselves. They all actually taught me English, so you not knowing Korean, they will most likely help you since they love Sweet Treats so much. Oh, the last thing is, make sure to introduce a lot of pastries and such that you know. They said they would like to try foreign things but don't have much time to travel. That's about it." she finished with a smile.

"Alright. No problem on the foreign pastries. I have recipes from my home country of Guatemala, my father's home country of Ecuador, and of course Canada.." I say happily. "My shop all want you to do is interact with the customers, have fun with the staff, and introduce Korean pastries and such to Canada. Pretty simple, but it would mean a lot to me." 

She smiled and nodded. Then we continued eating our breakfast for dinner in a enjoyable silence. When we finished we went in collected our things and decided to head up to the Sweet Treats apartments and call it a night. We both had to leave early the next morning.  We bid each other a goodnight and parted ways. I took a shower, changed and set to work uploading all my pictures for my camera to my MacBook. I did editing work, and sent certain pictures to Peter for the French website. When I finished I finished getting ready for bed, set my alarm, put my laptop and phone to charge and got into bed. I fell asleep wondering what South Korea would be like, and how those Korean Idols would take to their favorite Café being put under new, and very foreign management. I wondered whether or not they would like the new pastries I had to offer..

 

 

Heyyyyyyyyyy~ so i finally was able to get on the computer and edit this. i hope you guys like it. its a rather long chapter. but i hope thats okay. most of my chapter will be long and detailed for your reading pleasure~ please please comment, subscribe, or message me if you find any prolems(: THANK YOU!