seven days

the day after tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

woohyun and sunggyu are happily engaged. woohyun had proposed with a shining silver ring and sunggyu had almost cried. it was perfect, they were perfect. they woke up in the morning, often with their limbs tangled together and complaints of morning breath. it was perfect, they were perfect. they're often late for work in the morning, setting the alarm on snooze and falling asleep in each others arms for a little bit too long. morning often finds them hurriedly fixing each other's ties, coats, collars, and what nots, with frenzied kisses and i love you's and i love you more's. it was perfect, they were perfect.

and woohyun doesn't know where they had gone wrong, where he had gone wrong.

with their wedding dated three weeks away, sunggyu comes home one day from some sort of appointment that he never bothered elaborating. without a word, sunggyu slips into their shared bedroom and quietly into bed, right next to woohyun. he takes a deep breath and curls up next to woohyun who in turn pulls him into his broad chest.

“woohyun.” he says, almost inaudibly. woohyun hums softly and nuzzles his nose into the top of sunggyu’s head. “i love you.”

 

the next day, sunggyu calls to cancel their engagement and their pending marriage and woohyun? woohyun is emotionally and physically distraught, thoughts flying in and out of his head and he doesn’t know where he had gone wrong within the span of a few long hours. sunggyu does not exchange any words with him after, both of them seated at their shared dining table when sunggyu tells him. he shouts, standing and slamming his hands down on the table. he notices that sunggyu flinches.

“why?!” sunggyu only looks at him and gives him a broken smile. it breaks woohyun’s heart, it really does, but his heart is damaged beyond repair and he can’t find any sort of understanding explanation as to why sunggyu would do such a thing. it was perfect, they were perfect. woohyun waits for him to say something, anything, but sunggyu stays silent, his eyes finally, slowly meeting woohyun’s.

“you… you don’t have to know.” and woohyun leaves, pushing his chair back, scraping against the hard wood floor and producing a horrible scraping noise. he walks out the door without looking back and sunggyu flinches when it slams shut. 

 

dongwoo watches woohyun down another glass of alcohol worriedly. he opens his mouth to suggest something, anything, but woohyun talks before he can utter a word. “what did i do wrong?” woohyun slurs, dropping his glass down onto the table. dongwoo’s eyes shine with tears but he doesn’t cry.

“have you talked it out?” he offers quietly. woohyun laughs dryly.

“if i could talk it out with him, i wouldn’t be here right now, woo.” he drunkenly sloshes his empty glass around in circles. “he— sunggyu won’t tell me why.” he stops, sniffing loudly and the bartender gives him a piteous look. the bright, flashing lights of the dance floor just meters away begins to make his head throb and he pulls out his wallet and passes it to the other man. “can you pay for me.” he asks and dongwoo gives him a weird stare.

 

they cancel the marriage and woohyun again finds himself sitting at their shared dining table. the atmosphere is heavy and he doesn’t know what to say or what they are. he contemplates on the thought as he continues to eat breakfast.

“is it because i was working

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter