untitled.

the day after tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the day after tomorrow

“what’s your name?” he asks. the cute boy at the counter with small eyes and pretty fingers.

“oh, uh, woohyun.” he says, squinting his eyes a little. the boy laughs. he scribbles onto the clear plastic cup with a marker and smiles.

“your drink will be coming shortly, woohyun-ssi.” 

and after two minutes, woohyun heard his name being called and he makes his way towards the counter. the boy hands him his cup with another cute smile and he can’t help but grin in return.

“thanks.” woohyun says.

“not a problem. see you tomorrow woohyun-ssi.”

 

 

“you’re playing a little slow.” his instructor says. woohyun frowns.

“i know, sorry, i think i’m a little too old to start now.” he laughs a little. “my fingers are short and stubby.” his instructor laughs.

“it’s okay, this is only your second lesson after all.” he pats woohyun’s shoulder. “once you get used to the rhythm you can pick up the speed.”

woohyun looks at the hand on his shoulder. his instructors fingers are slender and pale. he finds them absolutely stunning. he opens his mouth to make a comment but the little cuckoo bird on the wall calls.

“oh, it looks like your lesson is over.” he says, shifting over to face woohyun. “practice at home, yes?”

“yeah.” woohyun nods, even though he knows that his instructor can’t see. “oh, and are you free the day after tomorrow? i’d like to come in for another lesson.”

“of course, i’ll be here at this time.”

“great, see you the day after tomorrow, sunggyu-ssi.”

 

 

woohyun squints away the sunlight, groans and throws his arm over his eyes.

the little bundle of warmth in his hold squirms a bit and he chuckles. “one more time?”

he laughs more when he hears a muffled whine. “what was that?”

“‘m sore…” sunggyu says, resting his forehead on woohyun’s shoulder. “cuddle?”

woohyun smiles fondly and leaves a lasting kiss on his forehead. “anything for you, love.”

 

 

“hey woo?” he calls, throwing his head over the side of the couch to try and catch a peek of the other.

“yeah?”

“i think i fell in love.” he sighs.

“with who? your date from yesterday?” dongwoo bounds over to the couch and nearly leaps on woohyun. “that’s great! you did say it went well, i mean she was really pretty too! are you gonna ask her—“

“with the waiter, actually.” woohyun says after placing his hand on dongwoo’s mouth, cringing a bit when dongwoo his palm while trying to speak.

“mwoh?” dongwoo looks incredulous. he pries wooyhun’s fingers off of his face. “the guy from the cafe?”

“you know him?” woohyun asks with a raised eyebrow.

“there’s only one waiter, hyun.”

“oh. well he’s cute.”

 

 

there’s always a little bit of a blood bath whenever they’re assigned the same target.

their rivalry never to cease.

woohyun partners with him only on extremely dangerous missions, not voluntarily, oh no. he would rather lose his job than voluntarily be on the same team as sunggyu. and sunggyu thinks the same.

this time, they’re in a house, shabby, but not uncared for, just a little to bright for woohuyn’s liking.

the must kill the husband in request of the wife. the husband, the abuser.

woohyun shivers at the familiar thoughts. but he shakes them off anyways.

they find the husband in a room with a little girl, huddled in the corner while the man watches her from afar.

“who’re you?” they don’t reply. sunggyu moves to check the child, who flinches away from his reach. sunggyu frowns but doesn’t relent, he hushes her and lightly sings while telling her that he just wants to see if she’s hurt.

she jumps into his arms and he carries her out while the man furiously tries to stop him.

woohyun shoves him harshly back.

and he doesn’t see. he’s blinded by anger that he can’t control, emotions locked away for almost ten years and all he wants to see is blood, to feel is that viscous liquid, to smell that sharp, coppery tang.

he doesn’t see that the husband, the target, the abuser, has a knife, well hidden in his belt. it’s a miracle (or not) that he hasn’t accidentally stabbed himself yet.

“, woohyun watch it!” he hears sunggyu shout, bursting into the room after safely evacuating the mother and children.

 

he’s shoved to the side harshly, crashing into the wall and he hears a sickening crunch and a sickening scream.

 

 

“do you think you could be by my side for forever?” he asks, the man kneeling before him rises.

“forever is a long time, your highness.” woohyun nods.

“i understand.”

“i will stand by your side, for more than forever if you wish.”

 

 

woohyun is a first time dog owner. his little girl is not a dog, but a ball of chaos.

“oh my god i’m so sorry! sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter